• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Farewell and Thank You!

Moreaux

Bluelight Crew
Hello All! I wanted to thank everyone for welcoming me in to the community and allowing me to fulfill the moderator role. It has been an amazing experience, one that I will always cherish. I have learned so much from you guys, and am grateful to have had to opportunity to get to know you! Earlier this afternoon I resigned from the moderator position as I do feel that I can no longer devote the time that is required to the position. I do plan to continue to participate, but I most likely will be taking some time off first and will be offline for a little while. Thank you again and I hope everybody enjoys their holiday season! Best wishes!

Moreaux

I am going to miss working with you. You brought a lot to the Recovery forums, especially as a moderator.<3

You always wrote detailed and thoughtful posts, a real pleasure to read

Enjoy the holidays!

I'm new here so I don't know you very well but I have appreciated reading your feedback on many threads here and wanted to thank you for taking that time to help others with their recovery journeys!

Thank you for your kind words- I am very touched. It means a lot to me. While I am going to take a brief break to collect myself and regain perspective and focus, I will be back as a frequent contributor. The mod position was a different perspective. A lot of work behind the scenes goes on, and we should definitely be grateful for the excellent mods we have in the recovery forums. For me personally, I feel that I would make the biggest contribution by interacting with other members. Towards the end I found that I was primarily involved in the mod sections and not nearly as involved in the forums and that is counterproductive to my purpose on BL. I have also gone back to work which reduces the amount of free time so I really just want to spend in TDS and SL. I have missed you guys and am looking forward to much greater participation after my break :)

I'll be happy to just see you around as a Bler, that was always where I though you shined through. You couldn't be a negative influence on the site if you tried, and any degree of participation on your part will be stellar. I hope you don't put too much pressure on yourself, especially with your new job.

You have so much incredible wisdom, experience and knowledge to share with our community here. Take care of yourself and enjoy the holidays. You know we love you and look forward to your return. Just remember that you gotta take care of #1 =D

Maybe now they'll give me a TDS mod stick ;)

I am going to miss working with you. You brought a lot to the Recovery forums, especially as a moderator.

For sure.
I agree with herbavore. You have been so especial. I saw that you were responding to challenging posts day after day and I trust you've helped a lot of people in need. Your background experience and the years you took to get back to your best self has brought an immense quality help for a lot of people in here. I hope you stay around so that we can still talk. I wish you success, and good luck with your job as well as a good and deserved rest. Much love and peace <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Much love! This forum can be extremely emotionally draining to moderate. Its good that you recognized that. You've been a great moderator and I think I scan speak for everyone when I say you will truly be missed! I hope you do stick around as a normal member though I would hate for the site to completely use someone with as much to offer as you.

Yeah we need someone with experience (other than cj ;)) with GABAergic substance detoxes who is as intelligent and compassionate as you are Moreaux. Doesn't matter if it is coming from a mod or crew member, you'll have the rep - plus your posts generally speak for themselves in terms of quality.

You're a wonderful person Moreaux. You been a positive presence in not only mine but everyone else's lives. You have provided sound, reasonable, compassionate advice. Whether or not people recognize it, the important thing is, I recognize it and will always remember the contribution you have made to us Bluelighters on here. That being said, now that you are gone, I will say that with your presence removed, I don't know if bluelight will be the same kind of forum anymore. I don't hang out here often, but now that you're gone, a positive moderator presence is no longer here, and so my presence will be reduced as well. Now, I still consider the rest of yall family, but with one family remember removed from our group, what the hell are we gonna do??

You're a wonderful person Moreaux. You been a positive presence in not only mine but everyone else's lives. You have provided sound, reasonable, compassionate advice. Whether or not people recognize it, the important thing is, I recognize it and will always remember the contribution you have made to us Bluelighters on here. That being said, now that you are gone, I will say that with your presence removed, I don't know if bluelight will be the same kind of forum anymore. I don't hang out here often, but now that you're gone, a positive moderator presence is no longer here, and so my presence will be reduced as well. Now, I still consider the rest of yall family, but with one family remember removed from our group, what the hell are we gonna do??

Moderators come and go it's the regular posters who make a forum special. I've seen this cycle happen many times over the years and it always works itself out with time.

That's very heartwarming but after my little vacation I will probably more active the forums now that I'm not a moderator:)