• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

EZ-Test: Grey result from Simons

xtc2ez

Bluelighter
I've been looking around BL and I can't seem to find any info on this...

I did a simons reagent test, and my sample came out grey. What does this mean? Mecke bubbled a bit (no smoke) then turned dark purple (not black). Robadope turned red.

any ideas?

BTW...my results with this particular pill were a chilled out, happy, yet not very euphoric experience; but a smooth come down. My initial thoughts were that these were MDA...but with a grey simons test, and a slightly bubbly mecke test; I'm not sure now. Possible DXM?

to verify the integrity of your simons reagent you may want to do a test on some substance that you already know to react in a certain way, i.e. some pill from the past or some meth.

that's indicative of mda as far as i know. grey simon means primary amine.

easy e said:
to verify the integrity of your simons reagent you may want to do a test on some substance that you already know to react in a certain way, i.e. some pill from the past or some meth.

It was a brand new kit. Got it out of the mailbox, unsealed it, and did the test.

Can anyone veryify that grey Simons means a primary amine? I would think nuke is right based on my robadope test.

A grey simons result is not due to a primary amine. However, I have seen simons go an odd color, a very pale blue, when the concentration of the secondary amine was very low. Could this perhaps be seen as a grey color? Depending upon the formulation of Simons (there are a couple of variations in literature) a primary amine can sometimes give rose pink color with Simons, but I've never seen a distinctly grey result with anything.

New or not, I'd suggest doing as EZ has suggested and test the reagent with a known secondary amine. Ephedrine or pseudoephedrine, or even tryptophan will work - tryp contains both a primary and secondary amine - if you have no other source of secondary amine.

^^hey Phaze if I test some powder from a standard 100mg 5-HTP (5-Hydroxy Tryptophan) pill should it react to both primary and secondary amine tests?

I recently received something in which the Simons tested a gray. Could a gray result possibly mean that it is a mix of mdma and mda?

I recently tested another batch of molly that turned blue so the gray result confuses me.

When I tested mephedrone (4-MMC) with simons I got a grey black change rather than blue as can be seen below.

75897900.jpg