• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Eye Allignment Issues on Meth

AshKillem

Greenlighter
So occasionally I will feel like my left eye is almost pushing forward and it is hard to focus on things, I asked a fellow user and he said that is was just my sinuses but I also read something about strabismus, a condition where you suddenly go cross eyes. Anyway, does anyone have experience on this topic, it doesn't always happen but will occasionally.

That sounds like it could be a narrow angle glaucoma attack. Amphetamines can precipitate these attacks due to pupil dilation obstructing the angle (drainage) of the eye, though this wouldn't have anything to do with the actual alignment of your eyes. Most likely its just uneven muscle tension pulling the eye out of alignment. When it happens, is the pupil in the left eye altered or out of sync with the other?

I was also thinking that sounds like glaucoma which is really bad... it can cause you to lose your peripheral vision ( I used to work in the optometry industry..) I would get it checked out. there is a machine that blows a puff of air in your eyes to test the pressure. Glaucoma is caused by the eyes not draining fluid so it gets built up and causes pressure.

Ash, it's time for you to get that checked.

Really, even if it was common for meth users to get weird left-eye pressure sensations (it's not), why risk your vision?

I'd say it was sinus problems, but those won't make things blurry.

My left eye gets cocked a bit to the right if I'm spun as fuck. I think it happens when your pupils get to dialted.

Both of my parents were main lining Desoxyn in the 60's. I got my first dose in utero. I'm not sure how long, but I know it was for years.

Later on in his years, my dads eye didn't cross, but went outward. It mostly did it when he was extremely tired or took too much MS Contin. I asked him why it did that and he said it was strabismus and that it was caused by doing too much speed.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Jellygirl