Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

extremely crude dmt extraction

noname4434

Bluelighter
hi,
ive been researching dmt extractions and do not want to go through all the hassle of looking for chemicals, ph papers...etc..(im really lazy). So i was wondering if it was possible to extract dmt from mimosa root bark powder soaked in 99%iso, filtering it and making dmt oil, not to reach "hyperspace", but to make a weed additive to make it more trippy, or smoke the oil in blades to get a decent buzz. Would this be possible? I know it would be greater to do a full extraction using lye, etc..but i just want to make an easy batch of oil that gives a good high when mixed with weed (not hallucinations, just nice euphoria,patterns, etc..). I would greatly appreciate any expereinces comments or suggestions.
thanks

yeah, a simple soak in ipa would probably return something interesting. I've heard of people doing ethanol extractions to get a crude product for further purification. mimosa bark isn't particularly oily so you may even get a solid product.

but it would be in salt form, which is less desirable for smoking. you may want to think up a way to basify it (depending on how lazy you really are).

but seriously, most people don't find dmt to be recreational.

DMT is not for everyone, and if you're not willing to go through a tiny amount of work for it, and looking to cut corners, you probably shouldn't be anywhere near it.

I guess if you're not looking to blast off, maybe, but it really seems like a waste of good rootbark :/

Have you ever smoked DMT by the way? If you knew what the taste was like, I don't imagine you'd be wanting to smoke bowls of it just for a little more "trippyness". Just get some heady sativas if you're looking for something a little more. Or put a piece of plastic on top of the bowl, you'd definitely get the same taste, and I'm sure some of those vapors would have to add to the high, no? ;)

Oh, and who says DMT isn't recreational? My drug of choice, at least back when I was doing those kinds of things =D

EDIT: I'm impressed, a year and a half of lurking, and I still remember my login. Go team!

I'm not saying it's not fun, it's just fun like the apocalypse, not fun like going to the pub.

if one was looking for an easy way to see if they dig the dmt space, maybe consider trying this. you'd be doing everyone a favour, especially if you wrote up the trip report to tell us how it went. very few reports are available on this route of use! and I can't think of anything easier.

Crude still works, I knew a friend who blended up some mimosa rootbark, added a few drops of hydrochloric acid, I think lemon juice would work as well, then allowed the water solution to evaporate. What was left over was some solid residue, still the same color as the bark, but you can still smell the plastic like smell that dmt gives off. I believe HCl form is different from freebase, with a higher boiling point.

cant you just like eat or smoke the bark raw? i remember seeing something like that...

The DMT isn't concrated enough to smoke it raw and you need to take an MAOI for it to be orally active

I saw a website selling mimosa once that claimed you could snort the powdered bark and get effects. assuming 1% dmt by weight (being very generous) that's still 10 grams of material up the honker to get a good trip!

fun! I wonder if anyone tried it?

Akoto said:
cant you just like eat or smoke the bark raw? i remember seeing something like that...

Eating the bark would probably cause some severe gastric disturbances. Besides, there is no MAOI in the mimosa bark, so the DMT would get broken down by MAO in the gut.

Smoking it is totally out of the question.

something about adding ammonia water to the alcohol for the first soak...
filter well, chill, decant, dry the wine-colored alcohol (99% isopropyl OK) until goo remains...
smoke goo...

simple extraction teks

has using pp isp, or acetone, or ether ever been considered would it work. Just leaving things in jars and working from there seems alot more chill all all the A/B ++ teks I see and there has to be able to make a simple extract.

I saw something about people actually basifying or using vineger as part of the last step and freee base dmt is almost useless without maois, you'd be better off to make into dmt-fermeate which isn't extraordianry hard to make but you'r better off, just trying to clean off your product in funnnels well muslin lined and pour things like toulene, or ether, acetone to get the filth out but since DMT grows in as a freeebase and would then be the commons smoking statae as well as reasonablely cleaned.

Straight to base is REALLY easy. I can't imagine there's an easier way to get DMT ready to smoke than mixing water and a base and dumping the plant material in. The naptha step is just a convenient way to collect all that DMT freebase from your lye-water-mhrb mixture.

What do you mean, freebase DMT is useless without MAOIs? If you eat it, maybe, but people prepare DMT freebase so they can smoke it. If you just want an oral DMT dose to take with MAOIs, you can just brew the DMT carrier ayahuasca style.

solistus, can you plz elaborate on what you mean by straight to base?
do you mean i can simply mix water and edible lime and then dump in powdered chacruna leaves? and then evaporate?

another question:
can i simply mix chacruna with isopropyl alcohol and edible lime, then evaporate?

Straigt to base, means extraction straight to freebase without acid.

You will need NaOH(for basifying) and naphta/heptane/xylene(solvent) etc.
Mix water with NaOH and put in the powdered DMT plant - let it sit for 2-3 hours.
Add solvent, shake, wait for the 2 layers to separate from eachother and then siphon the solvent-fase into an evaporating dish or a closeable airtight container(freeze preticipation).

Repeat the last step 2 more times(3 in all).

There are a lot of easy teks out there.. Here are some: http://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Category:Extraction_Tek#STB

//blazR

hi,
So i was wondering if it was possible to extract dmt from mimosa root bark powder soaked in 99%iso, filtering it and making dmt oil, not to reach "hyperspace", but to make a weed additive to make it more trippy, or smoke the oil in blades to get a decent buzz. Would this be possible?

No, it's only 0.57% DMT so you need to concentrate it a lot more than that.

instead of NaOH for basifying couldn't i simply using edible lime? edible lime also "basifies"

Sorry, here was some bullshit about edible lime being an acid which it's not.

I'm not sure if you can use that instead of NaOH.