• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Extracting smokable opium from dried poppy pods or seeds

Stemie

Greenlighter
Hello fellow enthusiast's!!

I've been experimenting with poppy seed tea as an addition / change of pace from my kratom usage. I've had hit or miss results on quality with my limited exposure of poppy seed tea, I've found a source for dried pods I'm gonna try but haven't gotten that far yet. I've been wondering if I could make a bulk batch of poppy seed tea or poppy pod tea, then let the liquid evaporate in a glass baking dish to end up with a usable substance once dry? I'm also considering throwing a few handfuls of seeds around to grow some fresh pods myself and throw some into a batch of my homemade mead, any information tips or opinions on this matter is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance and stay safe friends

Stemie

The best and only reasonable thing to do with dry pods, if you don't fancy to just eat them, is a tea. Opium can only be made from fresh living pods. You can evaporate or boil them down to a sticky mess if you are curious, but you can't make opium from dried pods.
Apart of that, if you ever find real opium you must know that smoking it is a waste. It taste&smells lovely and there is indeed an exotic allure to it all, but it is a waste. Oral is the way to go with opium and also with pods.

Welcome to Bluelight, Stemie

Yes you can but you will end up with a mixture of different versions of opium. Like you will get a grey like residue and a yellow crystalline residue (could be from lemon juice) and in the end you get like a brown tar. Which is or isn’t pure opium. That’s what would be on the seeds or in the pods, opium poppy’s actually seep out opium every day when the pod opens and a the flower pops out. I think you could get even an ounce of opium out of each flower a day or week, it just all ends up on the ground, at night or on cloudy days they would go out and get the opium by cutting them open or squeezing the pod and then scraping it off. But they were walking all over opium. That’s how we got addicted to it originally is by accidentally getting it on the skin or eating something else like the natural carb plants that were covered in it.

You can grow plants like fruits, vegetables, poppy flowers, coca, or cactuses anywhere, where the plant doesn’t killed by like oil or chemicals. They just do better in certain conditions or can survive in a desert, a plant can’t really receive too much water unless the soil starts coming apart. You can grow cactuses very quickly hydroponically they need water and nutrients just like any plant, if the plant doesn’t continue growing bigger then it needs more nutrients and water, and or a bigger pot for roots to grow.

They can’t really wash poppy seeds or else they will start to form stems and roots after they get wet like germinating them. I got really bad back pain years back and all I could do was try and get opium out of seeds. I also wanted a tiny bit of codeine instead of heroin, and there’s other stuff in opium like papaverine and noscapine. Noscapine is like an anesthetic it’s hard to move or get out of bed when you wake up, I had to do like a push up to pull my head out of the pillow.

Poppy pod or seed tea is actually very potent stuff.

You want to use boiling hot water and then pour it in the bowl or pitcher or jar and stir it for 5 minutes, you can do this twice and then boil the water down if you think dome might be left on there. You don’t want to seep it too long because the opium is just the milky white residue on the out side, you may pull some brown coloring or oil from the seeds or pods if you use an acid or leave them too long.

If adding an acid during the extraction I would use vinegar instead of lemon juice. But it’s not really necessary but may speed up the process.

It’s also possible to get morphine and then some and codeine out separately or all the compounds separately through ph level extraction by basing the stuff out at different ph levels.

You could probably get a gram of morphine from around a 100 to 130 bucks worth of seeds. You may get more or require less seeds.

You can extract the morphine by raising the ph to 10 after dissolving it in water, then you pour off the oil fat mixture, then you lower the ph to 9.2 and then put it in the fridge and the morphine drops to the bottom as a base. The thebaine comes out I think at 5.4 and codeine comes out at like 4.5 or 4.6. You can do another extraction on the oil fat mixture to see if anything is left in there.

If you dissolve the morphine or any opiate in vinegar to make it water soluble it will become an acetate salt and diacetylmorphine or whatever opiate it is. But the heroin wouldn’t be an hcl salt. Which may make it where it can be purified with acetone.

Yes you can but you will end up with a mixture of different versions of opium.

There is not such thing as "different versions of opium". Opium is the latex extracted from a living pod. Whatever other thing is not opium and that's a undebatable fact.
Can the OP extract morphine? Yes he can if skilled enough.
Can he make opium from dried pods? No he can not cause nobody can