• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Extracting DMT from Organic Sources

hehehe...I've had few experiences with DMT, mainly weed laced with it. It is rather powerful and produces some very interesting hallucinations. I found from observing others it effects ppl rather differently, there is no common context or theme for the hallucinations, though when smoking (never eaten) it produces some very nice physical sensations I can only describe as orgasming utterly. Have had pleasant dreams on DMT, but yes, I would make sure to be quite experienced with other hallucinegens first. A mate of mine had a little too many cones of DMT laced weed once and went quite mental. He was describing seeing shit I couldn't believe, it was like a datura nightmare. He told how he saw ppl as skeletons except their clothes, "corridoors" where demonic beings burst out and started flying around the room etc. He has a form of psychosis now the doctors aren't really sure what. So be advised, if you are goin to do DMT, take it slow, don't have too much. I personally never saw anything this vivid, but yeah. Trip safe. I'd do DMT over datura though, scolopamine and atropine are fuckin evil when ya have a bad trip :p

can u jus smoke phalaris (or another planT) and get the DMT sensation from that, or what chemicals are hazardous in these plants?

^^ I doubt whether smoking phalaris would do you much good. The actives are still only present n very small amounts. It could also be that other things in the grass are toxic, but I think it's the DMT in phalaris that kills sheep. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone

phase_dancer: your spot on with your reference to sheep being poisoned by phalaris. I grew up on a farm and my Dad has lived on a farm for a large portion of his life. I became interested in DMT in my teens and explored the different organic sources. I asked my father about phalaris and why it was imported for grazing sheep on. He told me that at particular times of year sheep avoid eating it as some (unknown to him) alkaloid was at a high concentration in it. I assume this was DMT.

Note: Of particular intrest was my fathers claim that alkaloid concentrations vary depending on time of year.

I tend to agree with everything D_D has said. I also reccommend if your'e going to smoke it, unless your'e getting pure crystal DMT/5-MeO DMT (which for most is highly unlikely) that you invest in a vapouriser. If what your'e going to ingest is the more "common" accacia extract it produces the harshest smoke i have ever tasted. If you can imagine what new tennis balls smell like, imagine inhaling lungfuls of dense smoke that taste like this. Plasticy goodness!

The vapouriser will let you to fill the chamber with smoke without any escaping, which allows you to inhale it all in one go. This has two advantages:

- less harsh on your throat
- produces a more intense trip

I believe the alkaloid responisble for problem with sheep is Gramine.

DMT sounds realtively safe... does anyone know much about it? from what i know of DMT, effects last 1 hour, and your straight as an arrow?

Zaineaol: In real time even shorter than an hour, however subjectivly........
As far as being safe goes, the only real dangers involved include impurities, adverse mental reaction, dangerouse things you may do while under the influence (very rare!!) and the method of administration (particularly smoking the DMT + impurities can't be to healthy)

Timmmmmy I have had several experiences with crystal 5meo-dmt which I assumed was synthesised in a lab. Your description of the taste of the smoke is pretty much spot on. I think thats just the taste of the chemical, not the impurities. Shulgin had similar experiences in TIHKAL.

I've never tried DMT though. Keep in mind people that this substance is illegal to possess or manufacture in Australia so don't let law enforcement find out about your intentions as a manufacturing charge wouldnt go down to well.

Have many people tried both 5meo-dmt and dmt. For a while I had access to as much 5meo-dmt as I wanted whenever I wanted it. I only had a few trips on it though because I found that the trip from smoking it was simply too terrifying. I heared that it is much more pleasant when snorted. Has anybody tried snorting DMT?

Every one I know who tried 5meo-dmt said that it was very uncomfortable, they all smoked it. I personaly have not tried it nor do I feel the desire to, mainly due to what I hear the experience is like.
DMT on the other hand is quite abuntant in my social circles, the most popular route of administration is smoking in a thick walled glass bulb with a rubber "bung" in the top with one hole and one glass tube going through it. This allows the whole dose to be vaporised before inhaling, hence getting a large amount in one inhalation.
I have never snorted DMT, I wouldn't consider it unless I had very pure crystalised DMT preferably of synthetic orgins.

Thanx monman, that helped a bit... personally, i've never actually seen DMT (cept on erowid).. heard some neat stories, apparantly the expierience is EXTREMELY life changing, as opposed to eye opening like LSD... Also... not exactly on topic, but can someone tell me if DOM is different to MDA... i've read a book on LSD (Visions or Nightmares) it's not exactly biased, but i'd say probably a lil biased to the left (don't do drugs). It mentions DOM several times, and looking at the chemical structure it appears it's like MDA, but i'm not to sure.

Ive read on a few boards now that extraction from phalaris grass is a waste of time because of the low yeild of DMT per mass.

Can anyone here account for that?

Check the alkaloids in phalaris, they have 5-MeO-DMT in addition to other things. The best sources are Acacia species, Mimosa hostilis bark, or Psychotria species as they are NN,DMT only.