• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Experienced MMT People - Irritability/Anger?

b4rd

Bluelighter
Used the fucking search engine, there are a bunch of topics related to this. But nothing on methadone, and nothing that I could find about possible solutions.

My question is of genuine concern, because so far, since my beginning of being on MMT, I have not stuck myself with a needle for 5 consecutive days.

To someone that is unacustomed to the intravenous abusers lifestyle, this seems like a walk in the park. "Oh wow, you managed to NOT STICK YOURSELF for less than a week straight... GREAT JOB".

But really, from the bottom of my heart, this is a serious feat of strength FOR ME.

This is where my concern comes in. I have gotten to 90mg of methadone (liquid, taken once a day at 7am), and it seems as if this dose seems to be just right (where I don't feel high, however I also don't feel sick, which ultimately would lead me to seek out heroin)

But I want to fucking punch a nun in the fucking head. Not litterally, but to those who have experienced the "dope rage", you know what I'm talking about. Hell, someone that even looks at me the wrong way has me FUMING.

SO, MY QUESTION IS:
Will this symptom ever go away? I am truly worried because MMT is working SO AMAZINGLY WELL for me! I actually feel like I can move on with my life, without the bondage of further damaging my poor circulatory system :-(

Are there any methods to make the irritability go away? Do you guys have any experience with quelling the dope rage? Will it get better as I am on methadone longer? I've only been on it going 6 days.

And , holy christ, I know that this is typical "opiate irritability", because i have experienced it from heroin, oxy, morphine , hydros, you name it... but methadone is by FAR causing me the most anger. Any reply is appreciated, whether experience, relating, or QUELLING the BEAST.

-b4rd

It seemed to be unique in my case, but I'd end up with extremely bad moodswings going from screaming to crying back to screaming. It was not good for me. Others seem to do better.

It seemed to be unique in my case, but I'd end up with extremely bad moodswings going from screaming to crying back to screaming. It was not good for me. Others seem to do better.

What dose did you get to, for how long?

To my understanding, methadone is fully synthetic? Do you think "atypical side effects" from opiates seem to happen more often from the synthetics or semi-synthetics?

As well as irritability? However I wouldn't list irritability as an "atypical side-effect".

Ignore them dude.
Youre there for YOU, not THEM.

Props on your 5 days of clean time.. Trust me that's a success! I have friends on MMT.
I know how they are.. Some of them are serious about treatment, others go because they can't fully afford their dope habit and just want to go there so they don't get into severe withdrawal.

The best part is, you can get take homes.. Only if you continue to test clean every month/week.

You test clean for...
3 months you get 2 take homes
6 months get you 3 take homes
9 months get you 4 take homes
12 months get you 6 take homes
15 months get you 13 take homes
18 months get you 27 take homes.

Stated by my buddies.

Ignore them dude.
Youre there for YOU, not THEM.

Props on your 5 days of clean time.. Trust me that's a success! I have friends on MMT.
I know how they are.. Some of them are serious about treatment, others go because they can't fully afford their dope habit and just want to go there so they don't get into severe withdrawal.

The best part is, you can get take homes.. Only if you continue to test clean every month/week.

^ this.
Listen to this guy.

I quit after a month at most at 30. If you're fine at 90 stick with it. I just shared my experience so you don't discount it as all in your head when I feel it is due to the nmda activity.... Just deal with it in therapy. It's better to be angry than withdrawing and angry.

You test clean for...
3 months you get 2 take homes
6 months get you 3 take homes
9 months get you 4 take homes
12 months get you 6 take homes
15 months get you 13 take homes
18 months get you 27 take homes.

Stated by my buddies.

So, thats "per month" I'm assuming? Or year?

Like, after 18 months of clean tests, you get 27 take homes for each month? If thats the case , seems super freaking legit! However, in the meanwhile, i would only call it a "minor" annoyance having to dose at the clinic daily.

I mean, It's hard for me to understand why so many people on MMT bitch and moan about having to go daily, every morning. Do you know HOW MUCH TIME and how much of my LIFE was dedicated to acquiring money and heroin and crack??!! Well, when I wasn't asleep, basically every waking hour...

For me to complain about having to visit a clinic daily, for a medication that quite frankly is saving my life, would make me an ignorant hypocrite.

Back to topic, I tried an experiment today. I typically drink 4-5 cups of coffee from waking up at 7am, up until noon. After noon, I won't have caffeine intake the rest of the day.

I am going to see if there is a correlation between my coffee consumption and my irritability.

My brother Ativan's right...Same with my clinic.

You have to piss clean for those amount of times STRAIGHT..

one dirty tret, just ONE, even if you pissed clean for 12 or more straight months, you're going to start all over again and get your take homes taken away.

I agree with that assessment, it's called treatment for a reason.

Last edited:
Ativan's right...Same with my clinic.

You have to piss clean for those amount of times STRAIGHT..

one dirty tret, just ONE, even if you pissed clean for 12 or more straight months, you're going to start all over again and get your take homes taken away.

I agree with that assessment, it's called treatment for a reason.

^ this. Same as the clinic my buddies go too.
When I mentioned you can get that amount of take homes.. For example.. Let's go all out..
if you want a months worth of take homes, 27, which is the MAXIMUM amount allowed because it's a CII narcotic..
you're going to have to be clean for 18 straight months..
One dirty test.. Back to the start.

Same with all the other CII Narcotics.. I have to get a new Written Rx for my Methadone and Oxycodone scripts every month..
CII drugs are NOT refillable.. No re fills allowed.. The DEA and FDA have very strict guidelines when it comes to CII drugs.