• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Experience with animals while tripping?

Originally posted by who mE?:
I was at a house which had a pet goat while I was on shrooms and some drunk guy was fucking with the goat and I could tell exactly what the goat was thinking "god damnit, get this drunk guy away from me", it might sound like a lame tripping thought, but I watched that goat long enough to understand what its thoughts were and predict what it was gonna do next. My theory is that psychedelics allow you to recognize aspects of animal behavior that we normally dont associate with animals such as emotions. This is parallel to the telepathy feeling people often get on psychadelics with other people. I think a big part of the reason the animals are acting funny is because they are being watched for so long, they can tell they're being watched and it either increases their anxiety or decreases it.
Drunk guy fucking with a goat? That pretty sick.

only time i've had shrooms me cat walked upto me, jumped on my chest and started putting his paws over my eyes then taking them away, then purring. Lik eyou do to babies (except not purring, sayign peekaboo or whatever you say to your minatures). It was rather amusing.

not surprisingly, most of the mental defectives who seemed to enjoy dosing their pets also made posts that were barely coherent and with terrible grammar.
keep up the good work guys!
you should be hanged.
on a more positive note- i dig coreo's kitty when i'm rolling! sometimes, i think he'd get a little spooked and just sit and observe us from a distance.
[ 30 December 2001: Message edited by: poopie ]

one time when i was trippin i walked into my friends house and he has like 7 dogs. when i walked in the all normally walk up and go crazy on you, but when i went in while trippin they all ran away crying as soon as i walked in. it was fucken crazy it was like they could sense how fucked up i was. and they were scared of me.

One of the dogs may of seen your dilated pupils? Or maybe you were acting like you were tripping. All it has to do is scare one of them and the rest will run and follow like sheep.

Anyway we were discussing this very thing, when maybe 10 mins later a chicken, yes thats right a chicken. A chicken, in a park, in a normal city park. A chicken came up to us and became very friendly, it jumped up over us, pecked at us in a friendly way, and eventually rubbed up against my jacket and roosted on my arm and went to sleep!

Me and my girlfriend were taking a very long walk along the countryside in the winter a year ago, our minds altered in a mdma like way. It was really nice to use the energy for walking although it was at times difficult the read the map holding it upside down occasionally. Then we found ourselves walking along a fence of a farm. And what came running towards us behind the fence? A group of ten or twenty chickens! We were a little surprised because of this behaviour... normally we thought chickens wouldn't mind strangers walking by. I said: "they really like us!", and the chickens were standing ON TOP OF eachother to get a better view of us on the other side - their heads turned sideways to better look at us. They seemed very enthousiastic about meeting us here. A very nice encounter it was... but how much was in our mindset: us projecting the inner warmth into the chickens? I don't know. What i do know is that animals have a mind/spirit of their own, and that they are not only robot/things that react only on instinct.
[ 01 January 2002: Message edited by: alpha3on ]

Once a few years ago, I ate a bunch of mushrooms and fled from my house...I had my friend pick me up and take me back to his and his gf's apartment. They had a massive fucking Newfoundland that was incredibly excitable and had a tendency to jump on pretty much everyone, including and especially me. This time, though, when I walked in he just sniffed my hand, followed me to the couch and sat with his head on my chest until I decided to get up a few hours later. (I watched the Lorax on repeat, which is a great bad idea :) From what I understand, [domestic] animals can sense when humans are tripping, and they try to behave in ways that will comfort and calm their humans. So I've heard ;)

yah, animals are cool...
when at home, I go out on my back porch to smoke up and my 2 dogs always follow....Bucky-my boyken spaniel loves smokin up, but Corky-my yorkshire terrier doesn't like the smell (she told me)....so every time I go out there and sit down, Bucky knows what's up and sits down in front of me, waitin for a gun....then he runs around barking at everything, like he's on coke- its funny as hell....and this one time, Corky was sittin near me and we were "talking" or passing thoughts back and forth about how retarded Bucky looked when he was high, runnin around like that....Corky was trippin on him hardcore!....it was SO funny....
but, yah, when I'm high or trippin, I always have the telepathy with animals thing goin on....I do with certain people, too, but it's cooler with animals....

Kidblue, if you've got a telepathic bond with animals you should trip on a really nice day and take your dogs to the park. It would be like a goddamn doggie fashion show, man ;)

I've had some STRANGE shit happen with my cat while tripping. Like she looked at me, we connected, and shot into space.