View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Experience with animals while tripping?

so where the FUCK do i get a spyder monkey here in sweden
smile.gif

Of course you should let animals take drugs. But only if they tell you that they want

man, if your in the US, you could probably catch a wild spyder monkey here, a bunch of drug dealers let them loose in florida (or so I have heard) and now they are becoming a wild animnal there, but to keep a sypder monkey you need a liscene or some shit, and I imagine you have to seriously teach the monkey how to smoke, and then spend like months teaching it how to roll, (his monkey wasnt ezactly the best roller tho, I bet a 10 year old pot head could roll better) but hey we have him dimes of shchwag, he rolled it, he smoked it, and then did fucked up shit in the APT.
------------------
It is the most beautiful thing to watch your mind manifest upon the physical realm of reality.

i normally really like animals but when i'm tripping i cant stand to have them around me...no dogs, no cats, and especially no gerbils.
i dunno know why but it just wigs me out...having this innocent brought into my fucked up world...i feel like im going to hurt it just by looking at it.

K9Unit, you had me in hysterics!!
PhucKrd, your story was pretty funny too, though I don't know if I fully agree with hotboxing kitties.
My cat definatley knows when I am tripping or high -- though more when I am tripping. In general though, she tends to get CALMER and not wilder.
The most amazing experience occurred while I was on 2-ct-7 (a psychedelic) with my good friend aly and another friend paul. Paul totally bonded with my cat, and he and my cat were looking into each others' eyes like they were lost soulmates or something. My cat even reached out a couple of times with her paw and gently touched paul's face. Aly and I were watching in complete wonder -- it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen; we knew from that moment that cats definitely had souls, and we were almost in tears from the immense power of it.

hotboxed cat story #2:
i used to know a guy who had a setup like was described before for his cat. they used to pass the box around and blow their hits into it. he smoked it out daily from the time it was a kitten, and it's growth got stunted. it was actually pretty sad, a dwarfish looking pothead cat wandering around this guy's place. and when it wanted to smoke, it would go scratch the side of the box until they put it in there and smoked it out. i felt bad for that cat.
but as long as you keep your pet smoking down to a reasonable level, it can't be too bad. i also used to know a tortoise that got high. they would sit on the floor and put it in the circle, and it would follow the joint/pipe/whatever around the rotation. i haven't tried this yet with my tortoises because the are still pretty small, and i fear their growth could be stunted (these things can top 200 pounds, and i won't setlle for anything less, damnit!) but one day, we will see...
------------------
"When danger or pain press too nearly, they are incapable of giving any delight, and are simply terrible; but at cetain distances, and with certain modifications, they may be, and they are delightful, as we every day experience."
--Edmund Burke

"dwarfish pot head cat ^^^^" LMAO!!
------------------
It is the most beautiful thing to watch your mind manifest upon the physical realm of reality.
[This message has been edited by K9Unit (edited 09 November 2001).]

My cat likes to sit on my chest when I am in a K-hole, he does it almost everytime and one time he brought me out by hitting my face lightly with his paw when I was having kind of a rough time.

My cat likes to sit on my chest when I am in a K-hole, he does it almost everytime and one time he brought me out by hitting my face lightly with his paw when I was having kind of a rough time.

Its a shame this thread died away before any serious discussion and theories could be put forward, rather than stories of cruelty involving getting your pets on drugs.
Last night I was with some friends in a park getting quite satisfactorily stoned. Anyway we were discussing this very thing, when maybe 10 mins later a chicken, yes thats right a chicken. A chicken, in a park, in a normal city park. A chicken came up to us and became very friendly, it jumped up over us, pecked at us in a friendly way, and eventually rubbed up against my jacket and roosted on my arm and went to sleep!
Now this raises some unusual questions:
1)Where the FUCK did a CHICKEN come from?
2)What are the odds of it appearing on the scene after we were just talking about interacting with animals while being on drugs.
3)How could it be so friendly? I don't care if this chicken had been petted by its owners every hour on the hour, there's no way under normal circumstances a chicken would be so TRUSTING with complete strangers in a foriegn enviroment.
So consider this a bump and a request; any other interesting stories of odd behavior from animals who seem to 'sense' that something is going on with you when you're on drugs? Or any theories as to why?
My thoughts run something like this: animals are extremely perceptive, even moreso than humans when it comes to detecting body language, it is how most of the animal kingdom communicates primarily. You know how animals are meant to smell fear? Well I'm sure they can smell the chemical reactions such as adrenaline being released, yet I'm sure they can also read your body language to determine your mood just as well.
Yet why when you're on drugs do they seem to react SO DIFFERENTLY?
Some food for discussion.

My personal little theory is that most animals have much more powerful senses and therefore more powerful perceptions, they pick up on the little things that human's cannot. Like how animals always start acting different before an earthquake.
Oh yeah, and about the guy who wouldn't give his dog LSD but would give him mushroom tea because mushrooms are natural... Hemlock is natural too and so are a lot of other poisonous plants. If you're going to try to justify to yourself giving psychedelics to an unwilling participant at least think up a better reason. I believe one of Timothy Leary's cardinal rules of psychedelics was not to dose those who are unaware they are being dosed or did not want to be dosed. I think that applies to your pets too.
-ikarus

every time i've done DOB i've played with my boyfriend's cat..
the cat comes up to me and nuzzles me more than he usually does..
He'll stare at me, and I'll look into his eyes and think... he knows what I'm thinking, he knows what I'm seeing... He'll just stare back at me for what feels like 5 minutes. It's really cool. He's the only thing I don't trip off of, which i found really interesting.

Anyone who gives drugs to their animals should be shot :( you'd have to be a complete fucking idiot. That makes me so angry.
My sister's cat is very shy around strangers, and if people are over she'll usually disappear into another room or curl up in the corner somewhere quietly. When we're on acid though, she becomes really social, hangs out with us all and really enjoys our company, talks to us all night. It's great! I haven't noticed the same thing on shrooms, though. But when we're tripping on acid we must just be on her wavelength or something... cat's are totally wacky like that.
The dogs usually just get annoyed with us because we're keeping them up all night :)

Ive had plenty of cool experiences just hanging out with friends and my dog while tripping.

on a side note...animals are DEFFINLTY very perceptive and have senses that we dont. I belive this to be fact, it may not be in a scientific fact and we may not be able tyo 100% prove this but I know its true. So being that of course they can tell when their people, especially their owners are not in a normal state of mind.
One time I came home after eating shrooms n I was in the middle of my trip and I went into my room and my dog followed me. I got on the phone and she then proceded to put her head in my lap (which is always does but she was a lil more loving. She was just all out wantin to be pet. Then she hoped on my bed n watched me talk on the phone. She was lookin at me with a really weird look in her eye. She had her ears flattened (they are stand-up ears) n when i looked over at her she would just give me the weirdest look.
Oh also when I was on the phone and she had head in my lap and I was pettin her.. her body started to change. She her fat began to melt away and each second she got skinnier and skinnier. Im sure youy guys have seen pictures form the SPCA or the Human Society with a starving dog, where you can see their ribs and everything. Well that was my dog in front of me. It scared the shit outta me I had to push her away cuz it scared me so much.

did anyone ever think that perhaps your animals pick up on the fact that you're acting differently, and it has nothing to do with drugs?
or am i the only one who thinks rationally?

I was at a house which had a pet goat while I was on shrooms and some drunk guy was fucking with the goat and I could tell exactly what the goat was thinking "god damnit, get this drunk guy away from me", it might sound like a lame tripping thought, but I watched that goat long enough to understand what its thoughts were and predict what it was gonna do next. My theory is that psychedelics allow you to recognize aspects of animal behavior that we normally dont associate with animals such as emotions. This is parallel to the telepathy feeling people often get on psychadelics with other people. I think a big part of the reason the animals are acting funny is because they are being watched for so long, they can tell they're being watched and it either increases their anxiety or decreases it.

damn, most of those stories are fucking funny. My experience was more spiritual with animals and acid. It was 7:00 am in the morning and i was wandering around the meadow near my apartment, I was still on acid from the night before. I saw a fox about 50 feet away, and I just started sprinting as fast as i could. (not really sure why) Well the fox just stood there till i was about 10 feet away, then it bolted off, so I pursued. It then stopped at the edge of the meadow, where the thick forest meets. It waited till I was about 20 feet away, then it just ran into the forest. I entered at the same place it had ran in at, and there I found a chair in between 2 trees. I sat down in it, and thought for a long time....