• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Experience/Knowledge on Suboxone/subutex GUMMIES please

eteezy915

Bluelighter
I have an apt with yet another Sub Dr this evening, real cool guy over the phone, ex user n what not. Only charging me $150 for my initial since I told him I was already using bupe semi regularly, albeit off the "streets".

Any way when i brought up the price of the suboxone films(gots no insurance) he said he worked with a compounding pharmacy that makes the gummies for much cheaper.

Are these gummies buprenorphine only or are they in the suboxone formulation, or both. I thought that with R&B's patent only they could make bupe/naloxone formulations, well I guess there's zubsolv but they have there own patent on their enhanced B.A. formula.

Ijust kind of want people who have used these experiences (dose,roa,effectiveness) and opinions on the gummies specifically. I've seen sporadic posts about them but never a thread exclusively for gummies so please don't shut me down or merge into the black hole of the megathread. Just enlighten me on the gummies.
Thanks all

I know that buprenorphine alone is approved for maintenance, so I would imagine they could not include naloxone, but I have no idea what the pharmacy does.

Why not just call the pharmacy and ask?

Exactly!
Naloxone makes one go on w/d instantly.
It must be awful.

^^No, if taken sublingual then the nalaxone is only just barely absorbed,if at all. However you will go into withdrawals from the buprenorphine (with or without the nalaxone) if you take it while there are other opiates still attatched at the receptors (the longer u wait the better, especially w large habits). This is because buprenorphine binds to the receptors much tighter than other opiate/oids and if your tolerance to those opiates is higher than what bupe can do at its ceiling dose it's going to make your withdrawals worse. That's why people with larger, longer habits have a harder time switching, like waiting longer, and are actually still somewhat sick the first couple days on bupe maint bc it takes a few days for there tolerance to drop below what the ceiling dose of bupe can do.

I think the nalaxone is somewhat active when IVd, not to the extent the Drs and such would have you believe, but more so than i see it getting credit for here. In my experience, and from my understanding of the difference in the time each drug takes to cross the blood brain barrier, nalaxone crossing much faster than bupe. I've also read that, while nalaxone has a VERY difficult time undoing bupe, BUT, if the nalaxone is there first it is hard for the bupe to unseat the nalaxone. Also if one is using low doses of suboxone there might not be enough bupe to saturate the receptors leaving some open for the nalaxone. Plus most IV users say subutex reels much better than suboxone. I personally have never IV'd only buprenorphine, always suboxone film.
This mimics my experiences with IVing suboxone strips. I will always inject low doses usually .5mg spaced out 8 to 12 hours or whenever I start to feel sick, so there is room on the receptors for nalaxone. Also when I inject it I notice I feel slightly off, like anxiety, slightly increased heart rate, lil hot n sweaty for the first ten min or so n then after 30min or so I feel much better, i think its bc the nalaxone has worn off as it has a very short half life, and the bupe takes over everywhere. I also notice that if I do any shots before the effects of the bupe has worn off, i.e. not sick, I do not feel the ill side effects as there is already bupe there blocking the nalaxone, only allowing more bupe in, resulting in me getting that feel ”goodish" much quicker, like 5/10 minutes.

Anyway... I seen the Dr, good dude, seen me at like 7pm and i had only just called this morn. I said I was using sporadicaly or getting by on 1 or 2mg a day iv sub film, so of course he Rx's me 16 mg a day burenorphine only gummies from a compounding pharmacy. They still don't get it, even the cool docs don't know what all we know. When I get the gummies I'll update with my thoughts

BUT I still want to hear what other people, who have actually had experience or legit knowledge on the type, have to say about the gummies as far as effectiveness, ease of dissolving, alternate roa, maybe someone has a technique for snorting. I doubt these could be anywhere near safe to iv, probably exponentially more dangerous than the strips, who knows maybe not. I have always wanted to try iv bupe by itself but I doubt even I could bring my self to IV a gummie. I'll post the ingredients if I can get the pharmacist to give them up, and maybe someone smarter than me would know what kind of solution they would break down into. Until then I'm 'scribed 16mg daily so I'll have more than enough to take them properly and get the same dose I was from iv, with even better duration. My main reason for IVing the strips was bc they were off the street and I could make so little go so much further thru iv, a major concern due to price and availability. I am very happy this is solved through the massive script, very tired of injecting nasty bupe/narcan.

Gummie experiences below please.

^ I' too have often wondered how much the nalxone does affect when injecting buprenorphine. I've injected suboxone hundreds of times, but never pure bupe. I noticed that onset takes about 15 minutes, I always wondered if it would be shorter if there were no naloxone. I was the same as you, I could make them last much longer if I IV'd them instead.

As for the high doses. It's got to be some conspiracy to get you to spend more, or to keep you at a blocking dose, as to why docs always over-prescribe bupe. Even 8 mg a day is too much after induction. I was down to 0.5mg IV twice a day after a week and stayed there for a while.

I know we can't discuss specific prices, but can you give an idea how much cheaper the gummies are compared to Suboxone?

^ I' too have often wondered how much the nalxone does affect when injecting buprenorphine. I've injected suboxone hundreds of times, but never pure bupe. I noticed that onset takes about 15 minutes, I always wondered if it would be shorter if there were no naloxone. I was the same as you, I could make them last much longer if I IV'd them instead.

As for the high doses. It's got to be some conspiracy to get you to spend more, or to keep you at a blocking dose, as to why docs always over-prescribe bupe. Even 8 mg a day is too much after induction. I was down to 0.5mg IV twice a day after a week and stayed there for a while.

I know we can't discuss specific prices, but can you give an idea how much cheaper the gummies are compared to Suboxone?

It's crazy how they like to prescribe subs. I'm going to a place where they put me on 8mg and now want to up me from there. I'm obviously gonna say yes, but I'm really only taking 2mg each day and selling the rest because why in the hell would I need that much? I've never taken more than 8mg in a day because no matter what the 1st day after switching from dope is always a bit uncomfortable. After that 2-4mg is enough to hold me. I can't imagine needing doses like 16mg or more that they say they RX to some people. Especially since it's not cheap.

I wanna say they're about 1/3 or a 1/4 the price of the strips. Not positive as I haven't droppwd it off yet, I'll be picking them up tomorrow.
Still no one else has had these? Come out of your shells gummie consumers. Granted I am in florida, the only place I've read about people getting these... I guess I'll be updating this one I get my gummies.

Im not rxd subs, but use them about half the month to get by. My doc is approx 100 mg hydro/oxy mix of the two. 1 or 2 mg sub gets me along just fine, I dont feel awesome but dont feel better by taking more.
I think sub docs rx so much to their patients to keep them off street drugs (and on their rx).

That's cool but I wanna hear about the gummies, I know Dr's Rx a lot, too much, n I know bupe works, less is more. What I don't know is a lot about the gummies... enlighten me please?

I am the proud owner of green apple flavored buprenorphine only gummies. Mmmm, taste much better than that orange shit. I took a lil piece that looked like slight overflow but will take an actual dose tonight or first thing in the morn. Been IV'ing .5mg 2x a day. If I want to dose once daily, sublingualy(sp?) I should take like 3 or 4mg right?

If I had to guess, I'd say the gummies are probably shaped like a circle or square or other simple shape. It would be kinda hard to reduce dosage accurately8( if it was shaped like a bear. "Hmmm, how much would an ear be? One of these legs? Ohhhh, the fat little tummy!" Can you imagine trying to dose that shit? Lmao!

I can see it now...
“i got subs yo"
“strips, 'tex, or bears?"
Or post here like
“ how many milligrams are in the feet? My buddy was chipping on one and let me get the feet. Will it be enough for me to get high? Oh yea and how long do I have to wait?"
Oh BL
EDIT: you beat me to the joke! I had the reply screen up forever bc I was typing between games online
But they're little cubes. They are scored and have a slick waxy texture. I think the container is the mold bc there are crosses on the bottom that create the score as the mixture dries. Mine are pale green because I got green apple. Yes you can now choose your bupe's flavor. My pharmacist had grape, strawberry, and apple available but she said she had a whole list of flavors I could get on order. I split my Rx so I can get a diff flavor each week, how cool is that? There was a small piece of over flow in one of the squares, it was very sweet and dissolved easily. I already had a half mg shot in me and it was a really small piece so I can't speak to their efficiency yet but tomorrow ill be able too.

Last edited:
You should post pics of the gummies and the container and whatnot, all in the name of science ya know? I can say without a ID # of some sort, I can see these being a prime target for scam artists and other shady peeps. Since they come out of a compounding pharmacy though, I can't see these being super available to the general public. It's a rare Dr that will even consider going outside of the box to get their patients what they want or need or prefer.

How do I add pictures. Granted I'm posting from a smart phone?
And I agree with this dr and his actions being rare. I called in the morn, he personally called me back, not a receptionist, and saw me that night at 7pm when his office closes at 5, real cool guy. And he was cheap too, i think he said he cut me a break since I was already on bupe, albeit illegally, and didn't have to induce me, only $150.
The other Dr's wanted at least $300, another wanted $525. Even crazier was the office that wanted $800, there justification was that it covered day one meds, and visits back on days 2 and 3 and the meds those days, still crazy exspensive.
“i want to help addicts but only if they got cash money and a boatload of it".
That $800 office also told me I had to abstain from everything for 48 hrs so the dr could accurately gauge my w/d and give a proper dose (like 96mg lol). The kicker was I had to wait even though I told her I was already on bupe, it made no difference. Some Dr's are greedy assholes with the bitchiest, most stuck up receptionist/nurses. It's like they look down on us and are just tolerating our presence cause we got cash/insurance for them

Last edited:
aa4xIA.jpg

Just learned a new word : Troche.

a small tablet or lozenge, usually a circular one, made of medicinal substance worked into a paste with sugar and mucilage or the like, and dried

^^No, if taken sublingual then the nalaxone is only just barely absorbed,if at all. However you will go into withdrawals from the buprenorphine (with or without the nalaxone) if you take it while there are other opiates still attatched at the receptors (the longer u wait the better, especially w large habits). This is because buprenorphine binds to the receptors much tighter than other opiate/oids and if your tolerance to those opiates is higher than what bupe can do at its ceiling dose it's going to make your withdrawals worse. That's why people with larger, longer habits have a harder time switching, like waiting longer, and are actually still somewhat sick the first couple days on bupe maint bc it takes a few days for there tolerance to drop below what the ceiling dose of bupe can do.

I think the nalaxone is somewhat active when IVd, not to the extent the Drs and such would have you believe, but more so than i see it getting credit for here. In my experience, and from my understanding of the difference in the time each drug takes to cross the blood brain barrier, nalaxone crossing much faster than bupe. I've also read that, while nalaxone has a VERY difficult time undoing bupe, BUT, if the nalaxone is there first it is hard for the bupe to unseat the nalaxone. Also if one is using low doses of suboxone there might not be enough bupe to saturate the receptors leaving some open for the nalaxone. Plus most IV users say subutex reels much better than suboxone. I personally have never IV'd only buprenorphine, always suboxone film.
This mimics my experiences with IVing suboxone strips. I will always inject low doses usually .5mg spaced out 8 to 12 hours or whenever I start to feel sick, so there is room on the receptors for nalaxone. Also when I inject it I notice I feel slightly off, like anxiety, slightly increased heart rate, lil hot n sweaty for the first ten min or so n then after 30min or so I feel much better, i think its bc the nalaxone has worn off as it has a very short half life, and the bupe takes over everywhere. I also notice that if I do any shots before the effects of the bupe has worn off, i.e. not sick, I do not feel the ill side effects as there is already bupe there blocking the nalaxone, only allowing more bupe in, resulting in me getting that feel ”goodish" much quicker, like 5/10 minutes.

Anyway... I seen the Dr, good dude, seen me at like 7pm and i had only just called this morn. I said I was using sporadicaly or getting by on 1 or 2mg a day iv sub film, so of course he Rx's me 16 mg a day burenorphine only gummies from a compounding pharmacy. They still don't get it, even the cool docs don't know what all we know. When I get the gummies I'll update with my thoughts

BUT I still want to hear what other people, who have actually had experience or legit knowledge on the type, have to say about the gummies as far as effectiveness, ease of dissolving, alternate roa, maybe someone has a technique for snorting. I doubt these could be anywhere near safe to iv, probably exponentially more dangerous than the strips, who knows maybe not. I have always wanted to try iv bupe by itself but I doubt even I could bring my self to IV a gummie. I'll post the ingredients if I can get the pharmacist to give them up, and maybe someone smarter than me would know what kind of solution they would break down into. Until then I'm 'scribed 16mg daily so I'll have more than enough to take them properly and get the same dose I was from iv, with even better duration. My main reason for IVing the strips was bc they were off the street and I could make so little go so much further thru iv, a major concern due to price and availability. I am very happy this is solved through the massive script, very tired of injecting nasty bupe/narcan.

Gummie experiences below please.

Oh well..have hear something different from nalaxone...

Same shit...different year...

"Search Engine"
Yea i did search, kind of random, uninformative posts, i thought it'd be cool to put together a gummies only thread, like the strips have, I guess there's not many heads with gummies though. Thanks for your brilliant contribution tho. I neverunderstood why people on here feel the need to post shit like that, does it really bother you that there might be two threads on the “Troches". Although there's really is basically no info about these out there.
Anyway i took 4mg under the tounge yesterday when i woke up, then went back to sleep but I kept waking up with sub drool and even though i had quite the puddle on my pillow I am still feeling well this morn, to the point I'm only taking 2mg today, being an iv user with my DOC's, I am quite happy with the duration from sublingual administration. And I don't mind the subL route bc the taste is almost “candy” good

Last edited: