• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Expanding your Bluelight Horizons - Philosophy & Spirituality

m4dd0g said:
Philosophy and Spirituality: Being pretentious, verbose and showing off my intellect by using esoteric knowledge and obscure vocabulary makes my opinion better.

^ But you would never get that in aus social ;)

^ LOL (and yes i did actually laugh out loud). You know i love you, right? =D

lostpunk5545 said:
What I'm trying to say is I assume most other people feel the same way and a push out the door is not needed.

It's not an attempt at pushing anyone out the door. If you don't want to post anywhere else, you certainly don't have too and this series is also not aimed at shutting down discussion here in any way, shape or form. There are often threads which are suited to multiple parts of the forum and I've never seen any issue with similar topics running concurrently across different sections. We aus mods have always defended the right of certain types of discussion to stay in this forum and the vibrancy of the topics here is, as I said earlier, one of the things that's kept me around so long.

The idea behind this was more about letting people who might not realise what else is out there what's going on in other forums (I know when I first started posting, it was several months before I think I actually clicked onto the main forum page and looked at everything else beyond drug discussion) and also for those who haven't checked out the other forums in a while that they may be pleasantly surprised at what they find. If you're interested, you can go check it out but if it's not your bag, you don't need to be overtly negative about it.

The concept of inviting the other community forum mods to have a thread here was one of a number of ideas that staff have been discussing as ways of promoting more of a community feel board-wide and sharing information across different sections. I don't know yet whether the other social forums will do something like this, but it may also be considered for the drug forums too. I'm not even sure how many other threads there will be, as it's up to the other forum mods whether they want to take part and go to the effort of putting together the information about their forum.

So, in summary, stuff n things are cool. Yeah.

trancegirle <3

In support of what the other mods have already said, this is an excellent initiative that Kat has taken on board. I will concede that this all came about from a certain degree of external pressure with regards to threads that are discussed in Aus Social that, particularly threads that would perhaps be better suited to another forum; however it is also an attempt to bolster the Bluelight forum on a macro level.

The general idea is to provide an overview of the other forums on Bluelight and the goal is to allow Aus Social users to make an informed decision on whether or not they would like to visit a particular forum.

The target market would be those who are perhaps new to Bluelight and have not ventured to other forums due to a lack of knowledge about them. The target also encapsulates those existing users who have made an assumption that a particular forum does not suit their interests. By mods presenting an overview of their forum and giving examples of current issues being debated perhaps an Aus Soc user will see something that they want to know more about or see a topic that they feel could benefit from them sharing some facts or an opinion.

So whilst there is a direct benefit to other forums by effectively driving more posters/readers, there is also a hope that we can direct someone to a source of information that they will benefit from. No one is trying to dictate what can and can’t be discussed or posted in here and no one is trying to compromise the integrity of Aus Social. If you have already decided that you don’t want to visit other forums then don’t.

I for one think this is a great idea and thank Kat for her efforts.

Btw, wouldn't it also be a good idea to have a local aussie thread about spirituality and philosophy?

I've been away for a while so please let me know if there already is one.

I'm especially interested in spiritual experiences triggered by sacred plants and funghi.

Recently listened to a talk by Sasha (i think it was at burning man) where he mentions that two separate groups experienced completely different effects with the same cactus brew and later analysis showed they had the exact same chemical composition. Sasha doesn't give an explanation as to why this happened but he leaves it as a question suggesting there are other factors involved. Well, yes you'd say: set and setting, however he mentions the people were experienced trippers and used it in the same place and time.
I can post the link to the talk if anyone is interested.

Anyone else here have the feeling that for some people these substances can function as a catalyst to enable access to other dimensions, maybe spiritual? And that the chemical/psycological aspect might represent only a fraction of what is really involved?

How about a discussion of how certain drugs change neurochemistry leaving those affected to make assumptions that there is something to this universe more than the material aspects.

Could have two groups, one focusing on neurochem, science, etc...
and another to focus on the assumptions stuff

From what i've seen on other forums people end up fighting over irrelevant issues simply because they are pursuing different paths of knowledge