Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. The Endorphin Factory

I'm not completely off drugs yet, but at least I'm not just lying around like I'm dead. I feel alive again. I want exercise to completely replace drug use.

That's a great start!
Keep it up!

Swimming exercises 1.5 hour + aerobics for 40 minutes.

Did some shadow-boxing and got some good cardio out of that. Also some push-ups thrown into the mix. I'm just a little sore from yesterday; I was lifting 40 pound pails all day at work.

I really wanted to do some boxing. It's an excellent exercise.
The class is expensive but I'm wanted to try it once.
You're allowed to have one 'demo' first class free.
It's really intense but fun.

What also helps is walking around the neighborhood. I downloaded a pedometer. I was 90% from my goal. Walked 9025 steps 4.42 miles.

I wanted to try one of health and fitness watch so I could check how my performance is, heart, calories, goals.

Anyways, I worked until late and lost my class. Too bad, I was expecting that. :\

I really wanted to do some boxing. It's an excellent exercise.
The class is expensive but I'm wanted to try it once.
You're allowed to have one 'demo' first class free.
It's really intense but fun.
It is good exercise for sure. I've always wanted to take a boxing class but unfortunately that's not an option in my area. Maybe give it a try man.

I went to the gym today and did dumbbell presses, bench press, curls, and push-ups. Great afterglow after all that; I need to hit the gym more on my days off work.

It is good exercise for sure. I've always wanted to take a boxing class but unfortunately that's not an option in my area. Maybe give it a try man.

I think they are trying to adapt the principles and the aerobics training but it's still inside the gym in a larger area.
I'm going to swim later tonight. I hope it won't make me feel worse from my cold.
I need to cheer up!

I am waiting for warmer weather so I can get out to walk. Last year, I raised my MMT dose to 85mg. I lost interest in exercising and gained 30 pounds. Now I am back to 60mg and soon going down to 50mg (two weeks.) Walking and running have greatly helped me over the years. I am 63. I still drink beer now and then and it has gotta stop. Because of the neurological damage to our brains, opiate people need something extra to feel normal. I am gonna get out there because I need to. Michael

I've used Methadone for years and I must say don't raise your dose.
It's too f**ing too difficult to lower them back when you need to.

I often gave up on exercises due to weather and many other problems but once you've win that feeling of joy out of the endorphin your body produces, you'll be counting the hours to do it again.

Have you thought of swimming. It's really nice, you can do it in warm water with people at your age and at your own rhythm. :)

Swimmed 1 hour this morning.
Plan to exercise later on Sunday.

Last edited:
After missing few classes I am now finally back to swimming as usual.
It feels great and I've been so busy these past days it was a real blessing.
I'm starting to think about trying to do this everyday, even if I have to stay only 45 minutes.

Went to the gym and did bicep curls, dumbbell presses (triceps), and some push-ups. I like how my body gets big quick, I just need to eat more to stay at a healthier/bigger weight.

After a break because PAWS wouldn't let me budge, I'm back to situps, push-ups and running on the treadmill an hour. I also take my pedometer outside and walk around. Feels good to be back.

Feels great to be back! Congrats man!!

I'm looking through options at the gym but I'm now doing it more intensive than I should.
My legs and arms are pretty sore.

Be careful, you don't want to push too hard too soon with weights. The treadmill is boring, but I do it anyway. I want to get back to doing my workout DVDs in the living room. My living room has been occupied lately unfortunately. I've never been to a gym. I have anxiety and don't like feeling like people are watching me.