Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you throw some fasting into your diet, you can get away with eating "dirtier" calories and bigger meals without adding bodyfat. Like, if you're taking in 2000 calories a day, take them all in during an 8-hour window instead of a 16-hour one. So if you get up at 8am, then eat from say 12-8...4 hour fast before and after this eating window (sleeping an additional 8 hours of fasting). And then for those 2000 calories, get them however you want. I mean, don't get them ALL through candy bars obviously, but it doesn't have to be the same as the small, frequent, perfect meals approach.

The small, frequent meals thing drives me insane. I fast for 18 hours, eat for 6, each 24 hours. Now fasting doesn't bother me, I can mind-over-matter food (but not other stuff!). But right now I just try and hit my protein and calorie targets each day, but basically eat whatever I want. And I've gotten pretty ridiculously lean this way over the last 6 weeks or so.

I did this juice fasting last December and though I can last for three days but man I got so dizzy with intense head pressure lol. I think fasting might not be for me. =D

^redleader I think I have heard of the 1.2x caloric surplus but not really paid attention too much on it. I think I should try that too although its so hard for me to control my cravings sometimes lol I just eat a lot.

Case you probably look good already with the exercise and yoga you are doing. I'm gonna look into hot yoga today and see if there's a place close to where I live that'd not too pricey.

I saw two of my coworkers today in the gym and did a few exercises with them including pushups and dumbbells. My other coworker she's just hella strong! For a 4'11 girl she can fo perfect pushups and perform dumbbell exercises with both 15 pounds on ger armd holy smokes! I feel like I need to step i t up more and do a better job lol she's now one of my inspirations.

I decided I do probably need to bulk up at least a little bit in order to even out my skin situation. Little bit of extra skin around my mid section if you recall, from when I was super fat as a kid and then lost weight too quickly. So I figure if I gain enough muscle around my ass/abs/ torso it will tighten back up.

I don't look horrible by any means, I know that - and I'm not super self conscious about it, especially considering how good looking my last girlfriend was, gave me a lot more confidence. It's just still not ideal..

I'm still a bit boney though, so once I get a bit more lean muscle on my bones I think it will all even out just fine.

^That's what I am aiming for now. To be toned and not overly muscular although I might in a few months due to some of the extreme exercises =D

As I have mentioned, I am big boned and to aim for something unrealistic is just absurd although I must admit that at some point, I was jealous of some girls that are skinny and those ones who never had to work so hard to keep their bodies toned/skinny. But self acceptance is key and I realized that I don't look that bad after all loll.

I have decided to sign up for cardio kick boxing for three months. I dont think it is pricey since I will make sure I will go as much as I can so it will not go into waste.

Hell yeah Maya, You're definitely committed thats for sure!

I am hehehe! I wanted to go to dance class tonight but my coworker injured her left foot so we decided to just go next Friday for the class. I am going to the gym again tonight to concentrate on my cardio as I did not do a lot of cardio last night. What are you guys up to for today?

^That's what I am aiming for now. To be toned and not overly muscular although I might in a few months due to some of the extreme exercises =D

As I have mentioned, I am big boned and to aim for something unrealistic is just absurd although I must admit that at some point, I was jealous of some girls that are skinny and those ones who never had to work so hard to keep their bodies toned/skinny. But self acceptance is key and I realized that I don't look that bad after all loll.

I have decided to sign up for cardio kick boxing for three months. I dont think it is pricey since I will make sure I will go as much as I can so it will not go into waste.

Glad you're happy with how you look n good luck with the cardio kick boxing xxxx

Just yoga for me today I think, did some pushups and a little bit of ab stuff too but not as much as usual, and I don't know about cardio. I'm feeling off right now.

Thanks evey

So full cardio workout today and russian twists. Then tomorrow Ill do a full bod workout. Ill have to try not to do cardio but I really get tempted and just go at it again. This is a serious workout addiction LOL!

^^ Workout addiction is real Maya haha, don't want to injure yourself! Just listen to your body. :)

Thanks evey

So full cardio workout today and russian twists. Then tomorrow Ill do a full bod workout. Ill have to try not to do cardio but I really get tempted and just go at it again. This is a serious workout addiction LOL!

Lol you're doing well - just be careful xxxx

Went on a bike ride this morning but I'd stayed up all night and was tired so it was only for about 15-20 mins.
Brakes on my bike are messed up too, rear ones don't work at all and the front brakes are really stiff and press against the wheel thing so it's difficult riding it.

3 mile run today. That's double what I've been doing. Progress. :)

next day edit- Was just under 3 miles actually, yesterday - and today i did just under 3.5 miles. Could have kept going if I wanted to. I kinda really like running now haha.

Last edited:
Just done 45 minutes on the epilitical. I can't let this tired feeling or whatever is up with me right now stop me. If it is the menopause I've 10 years of this to look forward to. Oh I wish there was an older woman I could talk to on here, someone who's been through it. I didn't think you could start the menopause at 34
Anyway I'm going off topic here. Drenched in sweat here so time to shower n then buy some hair dye with points I've saved up :) xxxx

Keep going everyone - those bodies won't push themselves ;0)

edit - post directed at evey about response she did intact see in another thread so no need to keep it reposted in this thread too.

ANYWAY

It's almost 5am and since I'm still awake I think I might go for a morning run before class today.

edit again- went for that run, set a new personal 1.5 mile record at just over 10 mins. :)

Last edited:
I am sick today, and actually for all that my throat and body aches are bothering me, the fact that this is getting in the way of my working out is bothering me ten times more.

I am gonna have to take it easy for this week since I just got new tats on my hips and further rubbin on it and movement will not be good on the healing process so I think no cardio for a few days just dumbbell exercises and maybe squats?

Fucking hell my body was not ready for this

I just did like 20 miles by bike, that's like more exercise than I've done my whole life.
My face feels tingly and my body slightly numb and I feel like im on coke or something

inb4 I die of a heart attack or stroke lol

---

According to google maps I literally just did 19 miles, 9.5 both ways.
Halfway back home I got off the bike and tried to stretch my legs. Got the worst cramp/muscle pull ever and my legs just gave out. I put my hand to right above the knee and it felt like the muscle was bulging out.
hardcore shit.

And all I had to eat today was a sandwich or two :eek:

Last edited:
^ that's what cardio is all about! Make sure to do a cool down walk after intense cardio.

Status
Not open for further replies.