Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot yoga sesh im actually just on my way home. Amazing feeling!!

Hitting the gym early this morning. dropping the kido at tennis camp and then off to the gym.

Hehe ^ I am going after work I just cant wake up that early to go I love my sleep

I finished my workout today (legs/abs/lower back) and discovered I had lifted 22,000 pounds, not to mention the rowing and other cardio. Sounds like a big number to me :)

EDIT: I just looked back at a picture I took of myself before starting to work out, when I decided I was going to start the next day. I had just gotten through my ibogaine experience and realized how skeletal I looked due to opiate addiction:

me_preWorkout_zps2f7c80cf.jpg

Here is a photo from today. No flexing in either. SUCH a big improvement in 2 months!

me_postWorkout_6_18_14_zpsd30d3aa3.jpg

Last edited:
^awesomeness your workout today is actually what I am going to do today after work. I think I should focus more on squats as I haven't been doing a lot and of course, cardio.

I can't get over how much better I look now. I can't wait to see what 2 more months brings. :) I've put on 25 pounds, 155 now. A good bit of it was definitely just body fat at first but that topped out at about 145, so now it's muscle.

I can't get over how much better I look now. I can't wait to see what 2 more months brings. :) I've put on 25 pounds, 155 now. A good bit of it was definitely just body fat at first but that topped out at about 145, so now it's muscle.

I put on 30 pounds of fat when I was in treatment=D Swapped it for muscle when I got out but hit a plateau because I was doing loads of cardio and it was really hard to break through it, then my shoulder fell apart.

How tall are you? Must have been fucking skinny at 130! I was 155 at best when I went to treatment and I'm 6'5", it was fucking tragic.

looking good and allot better Xorkoth

I know how you feal omen.. I dislocated a shoulder playing Hockey when I was in high school.. was in a shoulder immobilizer for over a year.. had to do all the rehab and its still sketchy.. flexibility is very limited compared the other one.. had pain for years and years.. can't role my kayak the direction I was strongest at cause it would re injure it.. but at least it worked out pretty good and i don't have any really serious lingering problems from it. '

This I think was an AC joint separation, but it is on the other side.

I've dislocated my shoulder 20+ times in the last 15 months or so, no way back apart from surgery unfortunately.

13953450256_c94ca90f7c_c.jpg

Had about 10 over the course of this detox just from moving my weight badly in bed. At first it was all lol I've dislocated my shoulder but now its starting to hurt.

edit: and yeah I expect to lose about 10-20% of movement when I get surgery.

Met a guy through work who owns an invite-only keyholder gym that has 24 hour access, powerlifting setup, members control the music, and so on. And he invited me to join. Definitely sounds like the place at which I would take this to the next level. The only problem is that it's not accessible from public transportation and I don't have a license. So I will probably have to stick with my gym.

Today is deadlifts, hamstrings and heavy rows. Might do some curls too.

I put on 30 pounds of fat when I was in treatment=D Swapped it for muscle when I got out but hit a plateau because I was doing loads of cardio and it was really hard to break through it, then my shoulder fell apart.

How tall are you? Must have been fucking skinny at 130! I was 155 at best when I went to treatment and I'm 6'5", it was fucking tragic.

I'm 6 feet tall, yeah I was really skinny. I always have been, my metabolism is crazy, if I'm not careful to eat enough I can lose 2-3 pounds a day just from burning calories, even if I don't do much. 155 is the most I have ever weighed, right now. :) And I've tried to gain weight before, I just never really worked out. In high school I was never over 140 even though I hit my current height halfway through it.

Damn man, you're tall. =D

I have the same metabolism as well, it's a bitch. I was pretty ripped (in a functional way) this time last year, it all fell off as soon as I stopped even lifting bro.

185-190 is about the peak of what I was at, practically no fat on me then either.

I am at the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm 5'5 with shoes on. I got my mother's height and my father's fast metabolism. I was 98lbs soaken wet when I graduated high school. My height and small frame have been lifelong sources of insecurity for me. Anyway, I'm around 145lbs now at maybe 9-10% bodyfat, so things have filled out. And I do really well with pound-for-pound strength, which is one of the reasons I've gotten into powerlifting. But ya, I'm eating 4000 calories a day and have been on this bulk for just under a month now. I've put on maybe 1.5lbs so far. My goal is to get up to around 160 by the end of 2014, doing it slowly and never getting over 13-14%BF. It's a financial commitment, no doubt, eating at this pace. And I just don't like eating that much, never really have derived much pleasure out of food. It feels like a chore.

Fuck yeah p4p strength I'll NEVER have any chance against someone like you.

Being tall is the excuse I pull out for not being able to do enough press ups/sit ups/chin ups etc=D

I was 198 after five years of being sick and many years of addiction... emaciated and week as can be.. I used to have two flares a month where I would vomit every five minutes for two or three days around the clock. and was never hungry. 200 lbs for me is disgustingly skinny.. at the end sometimes when I felt ok I would eat a dozen donuts to try and keep up. I remeber having to hold my pants up with a belt on while walking down the street when it was the worst.

after I got better and cleaned up I was as hungry as I have ever been.. ravinouse.. put on 65 pounds in like five months, muscle regenerated a little but it was mostly fat.. since then I have lost 15 pounds and transferred a whole bunch of the fat to muscle.. still have a bit of a gut.. but if I keep at it and add forty days of skiing into the mix and a fairly active job and keep journaling my calories.. I will keep adding muscle and loosing fat.. should be pretty rock hard by next spring. 25 pounds of fat transferred to muscle or lost should do it.

When you get out of surgery omen to those tiny little exercises they give you for years.. they end up making all the difference.. speaking of which now my damn ac joint is killing me.. think its time to see a sports doc about this shit.

cant belive how strong I felt today.. kinda weird.

so yeah six foot 245 for never right now.

Wow NSA, I can't imagine 200 pounds being skinny. You must have a sturdy build, unlike us three. I've always been lanky, which I hated when I was a teenager and kid, but I like it now, I don't feel lanky anymore, just slim.

I am at the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm 5'5 with shoes on. I got my mother's height and my father's fast metabolism. I was 98lbs soaken wet when I graduated high school. My height and small frame have been lifelong sources of insecurity for me. Anyway, I'm around 145lbs now at maybe 9-10% bodyfat, so things have filled out. And I do really well with pound-for-pound strength, which is one of the reasons I've gotten into powerlifting. But ya, I'm eating 4000 calories a day and have been on this bulk for just under a month now. I've put on maybe 1.5lbs so far. My goal is to get up to around 160 by the end of 2014, doing it slowly and never getting over 13-14%BF. It's a financial commitment, no doubt, eating at this pace. And I just don't like eating that much, never really have derived much pleasure out of food. It feels like a chore.

Yeah I'm eating a shitload too, I don't know how many calories but 50 grams of protein powder daily plus lots and lots of food, fruits, vegetables, meat, lots of eggs (up to 8 a day... usually 4)... I'm eating like I'm 15 again and having a growth spurt. It's definitely a financial commitment, I'm spending not a lot less than when I was buying food for two. I've put on 25 pounds in 2 months though, and certainly a good chunk of that is muscle. I swear it's impossible for me to gain body fat aside from the normal (small) amount I had lost from being a long-term addict. I gained 15 pounds in 2 weeks, that was the fat, then it slowed and I started gaining muscle.

EDIT: Case in point for my metabolism, I weighed myself when I got back from working out this morning, I hadn't eaten anything yet (I work out first thing in the morning), and I weighed just under 155. I weighed myself again just now, feeling very hungry (despite eating 2.5 hours ago til I was full), and I'm 150 exactly. 8( I ate a shitload last night so I probably still had some food in there but I am positive it wasn't nearly 5 pounds of it.

Last edited:
^ damn! Im jealous of you guys, I always have to be careful or else ill gain back the weight I wish I can eat a lot and not worry about gaining the pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.