• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Excruciating coke crash

Yeah, for me personally, taking an opiate or a benzo to wash away the crash is really just the next round of white powdery stimulant mixture 'coke' revving up its engines.

And really, a few cycles of that is moments from incarceration.

Yeah, for me personally, taking an opiate or a benzo to wash away the crash is really just the next round of white powdery stimulant mixture 'coke' revving up its engines.

And really, a few cycles of that is moments from incarceration.

I took the Xanax in the end. Foolish thing to do probably.

Thanks so much for all the support guys. I obviously can't handle coke. Like some people have said I'll freak out, take something to chill myself out a bit, feel chilled out then just take more coke. Rinse and repeat.

I took the Xanax in the end. Foolish thing to do probably.

Thanks so much for all the support guys. I obviously can't handle coke. Like some people have said I'll freak out, take something to chill myself out a bit, feel chilled out then just take more coke. Rinse and repeat.
Hey man just checking to see if you are doing okay, you get some rest or are you still going along?

Hey man just checking to see if you are doing okay, you get some rest or are you still going along?

Thanks man. Yeah the Xanax calmed me down.

Crazy thing is I'm now fiending for the coke I flushed, lol. I never learn. But hoping not to touch the stuff again. Clearly not a drug I can handle.

That's how stimulants are, really. We should treat certain stims like acid or MDMA, because buying a bag of uppers is often a commitment to many hours/days of sweaty paranoia trying to get a glimpse of that first hit back, which never happens. And that's pretty draining to say the least.

I was crazily addicted to both coke/crack and oxy as well as benzos. I still indulge in some yayo now and then, but I cant deal with coke and its come down with out having something to come down with. I feel your pain OP, I wont do coke of any kind without having benzos, weed, or opis/bupe on hand for the comedown. Its much easier with a downer to take after u binge on yay. That's the worst feeling just sitting there craving more and feeling like anxiety ridden shit when you come down and have no more and no downers...

By the way did you quit using coke?

i stopped because i didnt like who i was when i was on it. i was an asshole, self absorbed and did things that i regretted.
i did it 2 times after those 8 years and that was it. i had that horrible come down and i really dont like the lifestyle anymore, that was 2 years ago.

You're fine to take your xanax.. just make sure you swallow it and don't snort it. Snorting xanax is ineffective to begin with, but it is even more now that your membranes in your nose are clogged with coke! Whenever I get anxiety on coke, or feel like I did too much, I take a hot shower. It takes my mind off of it and relaxes me, so I would swallow 2mg of the xanax, then take a nice hot shower and wait for the xanax to kick in.

- Hopeless Soul

^Please do not take 2mg of Xanax, that's horrible advice.

Another member (tacodude) recently had to call Hopeless (7nos) out about recklessly spreading harmful information and advice. Now Felonious has, and I agree with both. It seems to be happening more and more lately.

Benzos and Opiates are both CNS depressants, combining the two has proven to be fatal on several occasions. It's a very common reason for OD deaths. Please don't take them together.

Hopeless - please research the topic you are giving advice about from now on, or just don't give advice at all. Just because you think you know what you're talking about doesn't make it true. You're going to give bad advice someday and someone is going to get seriously fucked up, or die. This is a harm-reduction forum. Your advice is anything but.

^Please do not take 2mg of Xanax, that's horrible advice.
Why is taking 2mg bad advice? It's a normal dose for most people. Plus when you're on coke, it over powers whatever else you're taking, for instance, if you take a 30mg oxycodone, it seems as if you only took 15mgs. Although I can see where this could get one in trouble.

- 7nos SS373dOH

@cjh what reckless advice did I give in the thread with taco? The op in that thread asked how much H would be the equivalent of a 30mg perc. I said it depends on the roa, because the bioavailability changes depending on how you consume said chemical, then I provided a link to the opioid conversion thread.. So I'd be more than willing to read where you think the reckless advice occured in that thread.And when it pertains to this thread, I realize in most cases you want to avoid mixing opiates and benzos, however given the op's state of anxiety, and how little oxy he took, and how long it had been since he took the oxy, a small dose of benzo was a prudent suggestion. Just read post #25 to see the results of said suggestion...

- SS373dOH Soul

Stringer_Bell are you feeling better yet? It is never good to mix drugs like stimulants and depressants, or opiates and benzos.

If you want to get sober look into 12 step programs like Na, or non 12 step programs, and help for your addiction. Good luck. Also check out the sober living forum here on bluelight.

@cjh what reckless advice did I give in the thread with taco? The op in that thread asked how much H would be the equivalent of a 30mg perc. I said it depends on the roa, because the bioavailability changes depending on how you consume said chemical, then I provided a link to the opioid conversion thread.. So I'd be more than willing to read where you think the reckless advice occured in that thread.And when it pertains to this thread, I realize in most cases you want to avoid mixing opiates and benzos, however given the op's state of anxiety, and how little oxy he took, and how long it had been since he took the oxy, a small dose of benzo was a prudent suggestion. Just read post #25 to see the results of said suggestion... - SS373dOH Soul

Benzos and Opiates are both CNS depressants. Just because it FEELS like the effects are reduced by no means means they are. For example, if someone take 8 mg. of Bupe and then shoots 1/2 a G of Heroin, they probably won't feel much, if any of the effects of the dope but the CNS depression is still occurring at 100% the rate it would had they not taken the Bupe. Both the CNS depression from the Bupe AND the dope. Very dangerous. While 2mg. Xanax isnt a huge amount to some people, it may be to this person, so might the 30 mg. Oxy. It wasn't specified what her tolerance is/was, and even if it were, that doesn't mean the tolerance has a direct affect when the two are combined. It is never safe to mix benzos with opiates/oids, no matter the users tolerance to either. The resulting CNS depression cannot be predicted, even if the same person has taken the identical doses of both together before. Tiny things like being tired, environment, stress level, hunger, virtually any factor can vary the tolerance and outcome greatly form minute to minute.

It's also not a good idea to mix stimulants and depressants, as Priest mentiond above me.

As to the thread I mentioned with tacodude, give me a couple minutes and I'll edit this and add a link if you'd like. I'm not trying to upset, bash, or run you down. It's just upsetting to see harmful advice being tossed out like that. This site is focused on harm reduction and some of your suggestions could do much more harm than you intended. I'm truly not out to get you, and I want to mention that a lot of your ideas and avice is sound and helpful too. It's just a few things have been said lately that isn't really a good idea, and could put someone at risk. I'm sorry if I was harsh, admittedly I could have approached it a little more nicely. I apologize for that.

Edit: this http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/786900-Dosing-difference-from-a-perc-30mg-to-raw-heroin ... was the example I was referring to about taco. The reason it was reckless is because "raw" heroin, even 100% raw, has different potency based on a ton of factors. That and "raw" heroin is virtually non-existent. Even 100% "pure" heroin, if not medical-grade, has possible potency variation determined by poppy species, extraction and processing method, chemicals used during extraction, incomplete seclusion of derivatives, even factors such as tiny weight differences affect potency.
Even Oxy can vary up to 20% from one pill to the next. This means that, in theory, it could vary as much as 40% from pill to pill. Not likely but perfectly possible and legal. If absolute 100% accurate Oxy was 100 mg. precisely (we will call this PILL "A") and pill "B varied by -20%, that would make it 80mg. Now we consider pill "C". Pill "C" varies by +20%. That puts pill "C" at an actual 120mg. Then we determine the difference between pill "B" and pill "C". The difference is 40mg., or 40%.
Combining the variations of heroin from one dose, batch, or gram to the next and one Oxy pill to the next, the potential variations are too great to determine with any accuracy. I know the Oxy example is a little bit of a stretch, well, a lot truthfully, but the first reason (heroin's potential variation) is enough of a reason why the two cannot be accurately compared. The rest was just a little exercise in proving that anything can happen to fuck up something as sensitive as comparing heroin to any other drug or even itself. Wow, I ramble a lot. I promise I don't just yap to hear my own voice haha, it sure seems like it though, huh?

I also feel the need tonapolgize for getting so off-track and hijacking this thread. I should have done most of this through private message I suppose. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Why is taking 2mg bad advice? It's a normal dose for most people. Plus when you're on coke, it over powers whatever else you're taking, for instance, if you take a 30mg oxycodone, it seems as if you only took 15mgs. Although I can see where this could get one in trouble.

- 7nos SS373dOH

benzos and opiates and booze never go together. its the trifecta of death.

OP took oxy and then you suggested xanax. the oxy might not have been doing a whole lot given OP was crashing but potentiating it xanax can be harmful.
its one thing if you decide to do this yourself, but to suggest it to someone who doesnt seem to have a good working knowledge of combining these drugs while in shitty coke crash looking for relief isnt safe advice.

How you feeling today Stringer bell?

benzos and opiates and booze never go together. its the trifecta of death.

OP took oxy and then you suggested xanax. the oxy might not have been doing a whole lot given OP was crashing but potentiating it xanax can be harmful.
its one thing if you decide to do this yourself, but to suggest it to someone who doesnt seem to have a good working knowledge of combining these drugs while in shitty coke crash looking for relief isnt safe advice.

How you feeling today Stringer bell?

Thanks for all the support guys and getting me through last night. What I did was stupid (mixing coke, oxy and xanax) but i was pretty desperate. I thought I was in danger and actually ended up telling my parents, who I'm visiting, what has been going on. I think they were shocked but they've been pretty cool.

I took an oxy today (no coke) just to deal with how awful I'm feeling, after my stim binge. Just thinking about what to do next and how to put all this behind me. I've already started going to NA meetings and CBT but I think I'm going t do th 28 day inpatient rehab. My problem is coke but I often end up taking oxy and/or a lot of xanax with it to ease the bad effects and I obviously don't want to end up with a physical dependence on oxy or xanax.

Again thank you all, was in a very lonely place last night and you guys helped me a lot.

@cjh, I actually agree with 99% of what you stated there. Just wanted to point out that this is what it says on the top of the thread I linked, it touches on what you said about purities: "This chart was compiled from several online sources. It must be kept in mind that everybody's body is different, and that street drugs are always of questionable purity. This chart should only be interpreted as a loose starting point. When in doubt, start low and work your way up to the effects you desire. You can always take more of a substance, but you can never take less."

@ The Op, I'm glad to hear you're doing better and the fact that you opened up to your parents, that was a wise decision and took guts! I've been down the road of coke addiction, and while I'm not going to say it was easy to get clean,by no means, you do have the advantage of not having to go through physical wds! It's almost all mental, so with na and your family around, you should have the support you need to get through this. If you're struggling one day, don't hesitate to tell them or us about it. Asking for help or advice does not make you q lesser person. You can do this, stay strong bud!

- SS373dOH Soul

Thank you so much man.

I have the option to go into 28 day rehab (insurance will cover it).

Do you think that rehab will help a lot or is it better to just to NA meetings and CBT?

I h8 rehab, but i would go again if i knew honestly in my heart that I could not stop. Cocaine is a drug worth completely avoiding in all forms imho.

Thank you so much man.

Do you think that rehab will help a lot or is it better to just to NA meetings and CBT?

i've been to inpatient rehab 4 or 5 times and inpatient detox 4 times too.

its good in so far as it gets you out of the cycle and gives you some time to go through all the bullshit emotions in an place that is meant for that.
it has draw backs too if you end up in the revolving door cycle of rehab and relapse.

if you are able to go and you are at a point where you wanna stop its worth a try.
just my 2 cents.

Thank you so much man.

Why not do both? Go to the rehab, and then once you get out go to NA meetings and see a therapist. Good luck.