Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ex Ecstasy users today

Jimjones213

Greenlighter
Hi All,

Just curious how ex ecstasy users are doing today in regards to memory, emotional state etc.

I use to use alot in the 00's , (talking hundreds).

Heard all this info now about neurotoxicity, any truth to it? Could i be in for early dementia in life?

Love to know your stories

Hi All,

Just curious how ex ecstasy users are doing today in regards to memory, emotional state etc.

I use to use alot in the 00's , (talking hundreds).

Heard all this info now about neurotoxicity, any truth to it? Could i be in for early dementia in life?

Love to know your stories
I dont think dementia is related to mdma abuse. It does cook you pretty hard but varies person to person i have a perma headache but thats it

I dont think dementia is related to mdma abuse. It does cook you pretty hard but varies person to person i have a perma headache but thats it
The reason i mention that is one professor said we are born with a stock of neurons and that ecstasy is neurotoxic. So killing neurons could lead to early dementia in your 40s or 50s.
Scares the shit out of me. Im 30 now

he reason i mention that is one professor said we are born with a stock of neurons and that ecstasy is neurotoxic. So killing neurons could lead to early dementia in your 40s or 50s.

I havent touched anything including alcohol for over 10 years now, but went hard from 17 to 19ish

he reason i mention that is one professor said we are born with a stock of neurons and that ecstasy is neurotoxic. So killing neurons could lead to early dementia in your 40s or 50s.

I havent touched anything including alcohol for over 10 years now, but went hard from 17 to 19ish
Neurons can repair themselves over time and things like neurogensis are still a field of research to explore. You will be fine the human body and brain is a remarkable thing and can recover from alot of things. If you dont feel the effects already then id say you will be completely fine

Neurons can repair themselves over time and things like neurogensis are still a field of research to explore. You will be fine the human body and brain is a remarkable thing and can recover from alot of things. If you dont feel the effects already then id say you will be completely fine
OP Is kinda Paranoid and needs to do some research a bit.MDMA hasnt proved to be neurotoxic in humans,only in rats AND with massive dosed IIRC.the only drugs im aware of that are truly neurotoxic are alcohol AND methamphetamine. on topic, dont worry OP Just cause uve done X like 15years ago for a couple of years,you're not gonna go crazy. Stay safe NZN

Only time will tell Jimjones. I am also 30 and like you, my drug of choice during the 00's was MDMA.

I am much more concerned about the possible damage done from my methamphetamine use though.

As of now I haven't noticed any memory problems or early dementia signs. Fingers crossed.

I also used meth but not really that much. I Recently had a nervous breakdown anxiety/panic attacks which i have never experienced in life.prior to that i was completely fine. Went to a neurologist who said my brain is very healthy after an MRI. Dunno just seems like the most logical reason for it to happen.

Yeah i am concerned nznity, got kids so scares the hell out of me.

Neurologist also told me any bad effects would have happened at the time of use not years later, and i would have lesions on my brain etc
Dunno haven't heard of dementia cases from drug use but i guess you wouldnt

What kind of effects would i have now reckon?

What kind of effects would i have now reckon?
If it effected you, you could experince very different things but the common ones are long term headaches memory problems and very bad depression. But you are fine all these effects usually start during the abuse and just dont go away than appear in the future

If it effected you, you could experince very different things but the common ones are long term headaches memory problems and very bad depression. But you are fine all these effects usually start during the abuse and just dont go away than appear in the future
I see, well thats great news.
I did suffer migraines which i havent had one in about nearly a year. I didnt suffer them till a few years after i stopped taking drugs. My mother suffers from them so the neuro said it was genetics that was like 7 years ago. Never suffered depression or memory issues.
Now i have just gone through a massive breakdown, the doctor reckons all stress related.
Sorry i know your not a psych just good to have a different prospective.

From memory i did get headaches on the comedown but i assumed that was normal. I would be fine come monday/tues

I've personally seen a few people go crazy from cocaine derivatives(crack, cocaine paste) but those were like 3 ppl only from about a 1000 ppl ive met, oh and it was in a mental health facility.

T
I've personally seen a few people go crazy from cocaine derivatives(crack, cocaine paste) but those were like 3 ppl only from about a 1000 ppl ive met, oh and it was in a mental health facility.
The problem from what i have read, is that any effect from pills is a long term problem. So you wouldnt know the damage till years later.
If that is true or not is a different story.
I have other relatives who have been on drugs smoking ice doing pills for like 20 years. There not normal but definitely haven't lost there minds.

When you say memory problems , what would an example be?
Some long term memories i have forgotten or very vague, things that happened 5-10 years ago. I find now after this period of anxiety and panic attacks my memory recall is not what it was.