• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ever feel like life is one great big psychedelic experience?

Ever feel like life is one great big psychedelic experience?

• Yes

Votes: 180 76.6%
  • No

Votes: 55 23.4%

• Total voters
My answer would have to be No. Life's alot more real than real. Psychedelic means mind manifesting, but whose mind is it that's manifesting anyway?

We're tripping all the time, it's just a matter of how hard

the trip is the human condition

im gonna have to say no, by saying that life is like a psychedelic experience is separating the psychedelic perspective from the sober perspective in a way that makes the latter seem more important, or the control, what your comparing everything to. which i don't believe to be accurate.

every perspective, whether it be from a psych, any drug, a mental illness, a dream, or flat sober are all exactly on the same level. every known perspective that allows a human to onlook everyday life is just that, a variation of order in your brain. it's all the same, your still experiencing what we all call LIFE no matter what the variation of chemicals in your brain encompass.. unless your dead;) , but thats another story

Fold it up, take it outside- maybe, I dunno climb on it to see a better view or something, perhaps paint some passing birds. Beleiev it or not, I used to 'collect' ladders. 11 was the most I had, of all kinds.

Life is philosophical, life is not psychedelic. Psychedelics tend to produce a state somewhat similar to insanity/psychosis. I can no longer feel completely comfortable in the same area as people tripping on psychedelics because 1) I've seen my friend go completely psychotic on mushrooms; he was not controllable and not experiencing anything rewarding/worthwhile 2) I can now notice such insane/psychotic tendencies in people tripping around me. The most common is megalomania, I've seen people become convinced of things that I know are false. I dunno about psychedelics anymore, they really mess with my mind and most of the friends I've had as tripping partners have NOT benefited from them. People on the internet seem to love psychedelics so much, maybe it is just my group of friends and our more negative experiences, but we all consider them to be quite sketchy drugs these days. You just can't predict what someone is gonna do, what they are thinking and how what you say is going to affect them.

Sorry, I know psychedelics have helped a lot of people here, but not me or my friends.

To continue my initial point, everything you outlined are signs of being philosophical and are not 'psychedelic'. Yes, your entire life is a philosophical exercise, most people merely don't notice this. Now there's something I think we can ALL agree is rewarding, and that's philosophy. Reading some Aristotle or Descartes can leave you with that same, "Wow, I've really discovered something new!" without the mindfuck, temporary insanity and what not that psychedelics induce. I love my visual effects, but I'll just stick to Ketamine from now on for them. Sure they aren't as intense as LSDs or Mushrooms visuals, but Ketamine doesn't make me feel like I'm about to go over the 'edge' like psychedelics do.

Last edited:
All I have to say is this: all the shit thats going on 'round these parts here on planet Earth is WAY trippier than any of the drugs I'm taking. Hands down. Ever sat and meditated in an open field at night, under the stars, just reflecting the sky, and it reflecting you? Its a feeling akin to the meeting of equals; each in perfect interdependence with the other. Us a microcosm of the universe, and the universe a macrocosm of us.

And whatnot etc.

Yes... I think it is in a certain way, I can't think what of at the moment cause I'm way to stoned.

Vortex- While I understand your point; I'm actually slightly uncomfrotable around certain people when they are tripping, just particuar friends though; I think the concepts of insanity and sanity are, at heart, subjective. One mans insanity is another mans mystical experience, or somesuch.

Most of my friends are also dubious about psychedelics; but thats them. I think ony some people can accept them; just as some people can't accept reality as it is.

The reward is found in what you put in....it is terryfying to see someone absolutely lose it on psychedelics, but if you've experienced it, its a sightly different thing; not so bad, in some respects. I am dubious as to whether the psychedeic experience is simiar to psychosis, but I think ketamine is spot on. If the world was like that, constantly- hmm....

I too love reading philosphy, but the reward I get is in 'confirming' and expanding on thoughts of my own. I guess everyone has different tastes; amphetaminey drugs are not good for me, and turn me quite meglomaniacal....it takes keen observation to make sure you are not believeing your delusions, but seeing behind them. :)

mushi mushi 88 said:
Yes... I think it is in a certain way, I can't think what of at the moment cause I'm way to stoned.

That does well enough :)

nbsp said:

I dunno about anyone else here, but goddamn. My love for psychedelics is pretty much synonymous with my love for life, and my passion for being myself.

eh?

Absolutely, and you put it quite well.

I posted in another thread recently that I've never really had a bad or boring feeling while using psychs, and I also never get "bored" in everyday life either. I mean really. I put that word in quotations because I truly don't even understand what it means. I mean I DO, but you know.. I have a hard time seeing how anyone could get bored. I find amazement in everything, for me the trees, the sky, the buildings, the people, animals, etc ARE as amazing every day now as when I was tripping. I seem to have taken some of that "sight" from tripping along with me into my everyday life, because there are times I can sit and just stare at a tree and I'm like "Life is fucking unreal."

No the tree doesn't look magical or crazy like on shrooms or anything, but I can see it's very nature and it amazes me. Maybe it's a zen mind thing, I'm not sure.

And that's just the very basics! When you add in things about life and existence such as love, synchronicity, concepts and theories about God, other planets, other dimension, I could sit for hours with my mind in a well blown state.

Life is definitely a wonderful, psychadellic, spiritual journey. I often feel like it all only exists within my mind! Once you get there, your entire outlook on life changes and you can see everything for what it truly is, which is beautiful.

:)

All existence is one big psychedelic experience. Just most humans are now conditioned to be the first to deny.
We are all circumstancial, situational, coincidental nexi (plural of nexus?) of eletromagnetic waves, according to the wave-partical duality. The universe has, intrinsic to itself, the UWTB (Ultimate Will to Become (as Vonngut put it)). We are better off existing incorrectly than not existing at all.

dbailey11 said:
Psychedelic means mind manifesting, but whose mind is it that's manifesting anyway?

It's not manifesting a mind. Its manifesting the mind.

egor said:
Seems more like a cosmic joke on me that everyone but me is in on

I've thought about this before. When I was little I would ponder the idea from time to time.

Yes

lately i feel like the days our soo short, like i dont have enough time to do everything i would like to.

ive been a crazy schedule of LOTS of work . very little sleep, lots of exercise, and lots of socializing. right now im just trying to do as much as a possibly can each day.

some mornings i wonder why the fuck i stay up till 1 am then get up at 6 am each day(non - drug related activites on the weekdays), and i tell myself i would rather be lazy and sleep.

but FUCK THAT ive been saying lately. life is too short to sleep all the time, i wanna do STUFF and make as much MONEY possible! i know that might sound shallow, but money really does buy happiness, as long as the other area's of your life are happy as well.

this whole attitude really started with the use of psych's.
so i say:

my psychedelic expeirences are simply influncing my life choices, fucking gave me some ambition!

frasierdog said:
We're tripping all the time, it's just a matter of how hard

the trip is the human condition

ahh yes, the human condition. this is interesting.

nbsp said:
stuff, stuff, more stuff

I dunno about anyone else here, but goddamn. My love for psychedelics is pretty much synonymous with my love for life, and my passion for being myself.

eh?

I just found this thread whilst searching for something else, and I must say: right on, man, right on! This is exactly how I feel these days!

Have you ever had a dream you thought was so so real you swore you had like certain objects in your house you wake up and you take a while to realise it was a dream and you cannot believe it's not true and none of that amazing stuff happened?

swilow said:
Yes. Everything helps reveal the mind, even the dark sides.

However, the term is pretty general- what do you mean by psychedelic? How can you live a psychedelic life without the drugs? I lived a psychedelic life long before I tripped, I was always searching my own head.

Same. I was always thinking about myself, consciousness/mind mechanics wise, before i ever got into psychedelics. Psychedelics just blew the fucking door down.