• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam length of effects.

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
So I was wondering with Etizolam having a very short half life when would be the safest time to dose Codeine/ DHC after a 4mg Etizolam dosage. (Dosage would be 360mg Codeine)

Bare in mind I take Etizolam regular, maybe one 4mg dosage every 4/ 5 days. So I would say I have quite a tolerance.

I also take Codeine/ DHC every day for 1 week and then abstain for 3 weeks.

Cheers in advance.

It's been 8 hours since I last took any Etizolam, am I ok to take 360mg Codeine now?

Really struggling to find an answer anywhere.

Really struggling to find an answer anywhere.
Because everyone reacts different and there's just a small margin between euphoria and death. No one wants to be accountable for your death.

Wait at least 24 hours, that should leave you with around 0.25mg etizolam.
Better don't combine CNS depressants at all, the reward isn't that great and the risk of killing yourself is to big.

Last edited:
The half life isn't that short, maybe compared to other benzos. 6-8 hours is the average half life.
I would say after 8 hours, you should be fine with a small dose of codeine.. however to be politically correct, waiting 24+ hours, would be more prudent.

- Hopeless Soul

I struggle to understand why both these drugs can be prescribed concurrently yet the risk of death is so high? Surely Medical professionals would not be so reckless?

Well, there's a difference between recreational dosages and medical ones and if you have a tolerance to both drugs and stay low on both sides, it's alright, but still dangerous.

Well, there's a difference between recreational dosages and medical ones and if you have a tolerance to both drugs and stay low on both sides, it's alright, but still dangerous.

Am I putting myself at risk by having my daily 1mg Etizolam followed by a low-mid recreational dosage of 300g codeine [high tolerance].

Am I putting myself at risk by having my daily 1mg Etizolam followed by a low-mid recreational dosage of 300g codeine [high tolerance].

I don't know. I wish I could tell you something like if you don't exceed this dosage you'll be fine. But I just don't know. As soon as you mix CNS depressants there are too much variables.
If you really insist on combining, start as low as possible and have someone around that can administer naloxone and drive you to a hospital.

I don't know. I wish I could tell you something like if you don't exceed this dosage you'll be fine. But I just don't know. As soon as you mix CNS depressants there are too much variables.
If you really insist on combining, start as low as possible and have someone around that can administer naloxone and drive you to a hospital.

I was prescribed 10mg Diazepam and 60mg Codeine from a very well respected Doctor which I took regular so I never really even realised it was possibly the most lethal combination in existence.

I wasn't hoping for exact figures, I fully understand how dangerous it is when you're tlaking about combining Alprazolam/ etc with things like Heroin or Dilaudid.

I just hadn't realised that one fairly weak Thienodiazepine and one very weak Opiate could be so, so dangerous.

Last edited: