View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethyl Chloride... Trip report with some questions

xan_master

Greenlighter
Hey guys, hope this is the right place to post this, but has anyone had experience with Ethyl Chloride, aka "Maximum Impact" as sold in smoke shops as a cleaner "not for human consumption".
I UTFSE and didn't find much at all, but me and a girl went through a 4oz bottle last night and I have to admit, this was the most insane, mind fuck, dissociative psychedelic I have ever experienced. I've done acid, and candyflipped, and smoked lots of bud. But none compared to this shit.

We started off smoking roughly a gram and a half of high quality bud, and then proceeded to spray the Ethyl Chloride into a paper bag, and huffed the fuck out of it. (I'm aware of the dangers but have never done an inhalent until last night nor do I plan to use again). We passed it back and forth till the bottle was gone and did so over about half an hour.

I peaked somewhat on the third or fourth round, and as I kinda cuddled with this girl the entire world melted around me. I had insane auditory hallucinations and felt revelation about my religious views, and concluded there must be something more, I was covered in unfeelable bliss. I felt nothing but also everything. I can't hardly describe it but it blew nitros out of the water and rivals even my 100ug lsd trip.

Just was curious. What are the dangers of this drug, there's next to no info on it and I feel it took a tole on my mind and I'm not quite there today.

Thanks.

Like many inhalants (ie. diethyl ether) the most immediate danger lies with inhaling too much, as proper dosing is rather difficult, and causing loss of consciousness which one could fall and hurt oneself.
Unlike diethyl ether it seems the margin between a toxic and recreational dosage of chloroethane is quite small and at sufficient dosages it can lead to respiratory arrest or heart and kidney failure.
I don't advise messing with this stuff, nitrous oxide is also legally available and many orders of magnitude safer in comparison to chloroethane.

I bought it once when I was bored and though I have never done ether the way it is described seems to be the way chloroethane is. It was a strange mix of what felt like a dissociative fast come on drunkness that faded quickly. I did it once or twice and tossed the rest because of its ease of use and effectiveness. Not something that i desired to do multiple times but as i bought it due to boredom and curiosity once it satisfied the latter i didnt want to use to repetitively when bored.

There is a reason people do inhalants and you stumbled upon it. Its not because they inhale it and die instantly with no effect, some can be very entertaining and disorientating but it is usually agreed that as a whole halogenated carbon chains and simple chain carbons are hard for the body to metabolize and break down into toxic byproducts. Yours had chlorine instead of Fluorine but the only carbon chain you should be getting intoxicated off of is ethanol ;)

Is it as easy to create as mixing ethyl alchohol (high proof) and hydrochloric acid (9.5%)?

Nope, because chloride is a very weak nucleophile and won't react with the ethanol.

Last edited:
I don't think you can make this safely like with chlorobutanol...

The amount that gets you high compared to fatal is dangerously small. I don't really get why this could be sold as 'clean'. Also there is also the danger of "sudden sniffing death".

Ether should be a better alternative to all of that shit.

Can this be called psychedelic ? (Wondering even if dissos are psychedelics) Can ether be called psychedelic ?

I couldn't tell you that exactly but hallucinogenic at least, which is what will usually be entertained here (also mind expanding like nootropics but a different kind of mind expanding than something like LSD)... might not get the attention in other subfora these topics sometimes deserve.
Thing is though: the OP is not a trip report, it's hardly a description. Also if it had just produced a drunken stupor discussion about it would not be long-lived, maybe not anywhere really.

As for dissociatives - same thing for the broad interpretation a la hallucinogenic, and considerations about that deserving to be in PD forum, elsewhere / in it's own forum have all already been made (repeatedly). Categories can get confusing, also a bit interesting (cannabis has many facets for example), but trust me: don't worry about it TOO much, it gets pointless. :)

I'm still pissed, that I let my diethyl-ether rot for several years and then disposed of it appropriately (not just threw it away :eek:) instead of trying it just once.

I'm still pissed that it all evaporated while I blinked my eyes 2 times before I could get the really good effects..

Nope, because chloride is a very weak nucleophile and won't react with the ethanol.
I quote myself because I already answered your question. even if it might be possible (according to wiki), it will be more complicated than just mixing it, because just by itself it won't react.

And no, acetone and HCl also won't lead to the desired product.