• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Espranor - Can you take these buccally ?

FatBellyWhipSlay

Bluelighter
Hi All

So I am on Espranor 4mg a day (the little round white minty wafers)

I am finding placing them on my tongue an issue and it makes me gag all of a sudden and I have to keep the puke down and as I have been taking them like this for so long I also they believe they are not working as well as they should be.

Can you place these between your gum/cheeks like you can do with the tablets ? Will they work ? Or do they have to go on top of your tongue ? (they have to go on top NOT under like the SL tablets.

Just though I would try something else to stop me throwing up nearly every morning.

Cheers!!

Hi All

So I am on Espranor 4mg a day (the little round white minty wafers)

I am finding placing them on my tongue an issue and it makes me gag all of a sudden and I have to keep the puke down and as I have been taking them like this for so long I also they believe they are not working as well as they should be.

Can you place these between your gum/cheeks like you can do with the tablets ? Will they work ? Or do they have to go on top of your tongue ? (they have to go on top NOT under like the SL tablets.

Just though I would try something else to stop me throwing up nearly every morning.

Cheers!!
Hi there! You should be able to do it through bucal method. Just remember it’s not formulated for bucal absorption, so it might take a few tries to for a method that ensures you properly absorb it. Some bucal formulas actually claim slightly higher bioavailability through this method. I believe it takes a bit longer to absorb vía bucal but the bioavailability is also slightly higher. A trade off I guess, lol.

Even moreso then sublingually, try to avoid swallowing ANYTHING until it absorbs. Your entire mouth is has a higher bio-rate then your gut, with the bucal and sublingual regions having the highest, so don’t panic when a bit of it gets displaced, just don’t swallow right away. Good luck and please let me know how it works. 💙