View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Escaline USA legality?

Gregorio888

Bluelighter
Hey, I hope this is the right place to ask this, I apologize to the mods if not, it just seemed that people are knowledgable about chemistry, and to a significant degree law here.

Anyway, I've had a package containing 1G of Escaline sitting in customs for two full months now (Canada to USA.) I've never had a package opened or received a love letter in my life.

Regardless, if it is just lost, or a major sting is in play (which will be disappointing to them, lol) I'm curious now about Escaline's legality in the USA (grey or black market?) I assumed grey on purchase, but there is one sentence on wikipedia (apologies, it was the best source I could find,) that says Escaline isn't grey area, but a fully illegal schedule 1 chem, because it is a "it is a positional isomer of TMA (3,4,5-trimethoxyamphetamine)." (which is a schedule I chem federally in the USA.)

Does this make sense chemically and/or legally? I'm just talking federal laws here of course, not the 50 different states. I would have thought that just meant it would fall under analogue laws, not be directly scheduled like TMA/heroin/mescaline etc. Or is wikipedia just getting it wrong and escaline is grey area (federally at least?) Even if not illegal, if the package ever shows up I'm thinking a return to sender, even though even if fully black market I can't imagine a major sting on me for 1 G of escaline, let alone if it's grey area, but that's besides the point.

Thanks for any help everybody.

The DEA's website says that it is indeed a Schedule I Controlled Substance due to being a positional isomer of TMA.

I mean, I could see that there could be cases where a positional isomer would still fall into a (dark) "grey area", but if it's being specifically mentioned as a banned positional isomer on the DEA website, that makes it pretty unambiguous.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm not sure how I missed that.

I still would be very surprised if a "sting" is set up on me for 1G of it, but I'll be returning to sender just to be safe for sure. Thanks