• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Erowid: N-iso meth is not a real thing.

I know they see bugs that don't exist.

So sad.
yea its sad when you see meth completely take a person life over, I don't see it where ive been living as its mostly fake H for the homeless but I guess midland America is meth country and man you see it destroy people body and lives

It seems like N-Isopropylbenzylamine is a much better seller on the industrial chemical market than you would otherwise see, with the inflated prices you would expect if it was entering the street drug supply.

One thing I don't think I've heard from anyone is that if it was there, it would most likely have a negative effect on the user. Benzylamines are a substrate for MAO, and benzylamine itself was taken by John Glenn on one of his trips to space as a motion-sickness medication (suggesting anti-cholinergic activity).

Nowhere in this post do I see a lab test or anything that shows conclusively N-iso is a thing.

I do think you may be onto something with the crystal look and description though. I have a good batch of meth from 2018 and couple not good ones from recently. I notice the poor quality batches have much clearer more blocky crystals with flat edges. The old good batch crystals were more elongated, misshapen and rippled on the edges.

I’ve noticed this same crystal variation and subsequent quality differences in MDMA as well, following a similar pattern.

We’ve seen plenty of lab tests to show N-iso isn’t the problem. Let’s stop banging our heads against the wall and begin looking in another direction. I’ve shared time and again research to show what’s likely happening but none of you tweakers seem to actually care. So bang away!

-GC

While I agree its not an issue at large when looking at the data its weird that the selected query was specifically meth and iso as ingredients excluding iso sold as meth or other drugs for that matter.
That wasn't actually the query. It was simply the only return that I got from a Google search.

Your query for any sample containing isopropylbenzylamine.

Interestingly, it's almost all ketamine that's adulterated.

But again, there's only one sample for something that was allegedly methamphetamine.

n-ISO in meth is not a thing

isopropylbenzylamine is the N-iso cut. Just different naming convention.

But since sekio gave reference, it's unlikely to be in 2022 meth.

I stand corrected, from my latest query, 1 sample was isopropylbenzylamine in 2022, in Zurich, sold as meth.

So yes n-iso is a real compound and it appeared in batches of meth in like 08 or something idk the year the point is since then it has NOT shown up in any DEA seizures. Furthermore the meth from all over the US is more potent and pure than ever. Average potency is 97 percent dextromethamphetamine. I am a meth researcher and I've been researching for a long time. I can tell you my honest opinion. The issue everyone is having is they have no idea how potent the meth is and they are using way too much. What happens when you use too much of an amphetamine? You get all bad effects and none of the good. Think about it people saying no euphoria but all the bad side effects at an exaggerated level. Stimulants have a window of where the dose is right. With pure meth just 50mg is actually intense. You can eat a capsule with 50 to 100mg and fifteen minutes later you get smacked with a rush just like shooting meth. Everyone has the fire dope they are just using it all wrong.

Edit to add I have tested my theory with results that surpassed anything I could have expected. Just WOW
I was saying the same thing .
I just typed out a post then needed to edit it and accidentally deleted it.
Anyway. Ime/imo people are doing few different drugs wrong. ROA is important so is what kind of experience you want to have.
When I have used a capsule I get none of that tweeky feeling. I usually snort it but seems to not work really anymore. I only use it a couple times a month so any ROA I should feel. . I don't like smoking it at all so I tried caps. Boy what a difference . I didn't have any real bad comedown either. In the past I would feel kinda gross and tired the next morning . I was able to go to sleep and eat drink water.. it was eye opening to say the least

I was saying the same thing .
I just typed out a post then needed to edit it and accidentally deleted it.
Anyway. Ime/imo people are doing few different drugs wrong. ROA is important so is what kind of experience you want to have.
When I have used a capsule I get none of that tweeky feeling. I usually snort it but seems to not work really anymore. I only use it a couple times a month so any ROA I should feel. . I don't like smoking it at all so I tried caps. Boy what a difference . I didn't have any real bad comedown either. In the past I would feel kinda gross and tired the next morning . I was able to go to sleep and eat drink water.. it was eye opening to say the least

Yeah I found the same thing. Smoking the modern-day crystal meth found in the USA is pretty awful, not enjoyable like the old stuff. Feels very jittery and unpleasant. But when taken orally it is pretty decent.

However I believe the issue has nothing to do with n-iso but rather due to residual l-methamphetamine resulting from the synthesis route they are using.

Yeah I found the same thing. Smoking the modern-day crystal meth found in the USA is pretty awful, not enjoyable like the old stuff. Feels very jittery and unpleasant. But when taken orally it is pretty decent.

However I believe the issue has nothing to do with n-iso but rather due to residual l-methamphetamine resulting from the synthesis route they are using.

Residual, or about 50% because they don't even try to remove the undesirable levorotary isomer from the racemic meth?

Is there a way to wash it out? I know acetone but where I live everything has Bittrex in it

Residual, or about 50% because they don't even try to remove the undesirable levorotary isomer from the racemic meth?

Residual. I'm guessing 5-15%. Enough to significantly alter the overall effect given how highly specific of a norepinephrine releasing agent that l-methamphetamine is. The difference is most notable when smoked. When taken orally the gradual nature of the onset makes the differences far less prominent. Still feels different but definitely way more tolerable.

methyl ethyl ketone is a commonly used organic solvent introduced to replace acetone. It does smell somewhat unpleasent but it's BP is 79.64C compared to acetone ar 56.08C but spend £5 on an aspirator and heat in a warm pan of oil and you will remove all traces within a few hours.

MANY common solvents have been replaced or denatured to reduce 'abuse potential' but since they are meant as direct replacements for existing solvents, they cannot be very different.

Denatonium (bitrex) is freely solvent in methanol (which has many uses) so you can wash it out with methanol an use aspirator to dry the equipement. After all, methanol has one of the lowest BPs of all common solvents and is very cheap.

There is always a way.

This is a much more likely explanation. I also read a while ago where people were looking for so called 'n-iso' meth because it had better effects then the current meth according to them ironically enough.

This is a much more likely explanation. I also read a while ago where people were looking for so called 'n-iso' meth because it had better effects then the current meth according to them ironically enough.

Well isopropylamphetamine was discovered in 1980. It's supposed to be less stimulating with a longer duration of action. BUT I presume that it was only ever tested ad medically appropriate levels and so who knows what the subjective effects are at high doses? It's LogP is going to be somewhat higher than methamphetamine and so at high doses it my produce similar mental effects but with less physical side-effects.

I mean, isopropyl amine is not controlled or watched and it's BP is 34C so it may make production a bit easier... but then I've seen some European (meth)amphetamine labs and I have to say that seeing them has got to be one of the BEST reasons for not taking their output.

They have got around controls on glassware by having experts in the welding of stainless steel produce large reactors. While it has many advantages, it doesn't score too well in the 'ability to see reaction taking place' stakes.

OK 30 years ago I would take the occasional dexamphetamine tablet, but even those were too much for me. When I hear of people taking hundreds of milligrams of methamphetamine, I really do wonder about the outcomes.

So some people got around to doing what they should have done and looked into what a GCMS sees given mixtures of N-iso and meth.

Turns out the two seperate completely on GC, have different mass spectra, and most importantly, Drugs Data has no record of N-iso beng present in any samples since 2019.

Hopefully that puts to rest this whole mystery.
That may be because under virtually all tests, except the one you described, it is not distinguishable..I couldn't find a way to give it desired effect, other than temperature induced reversed phase transition, which is out of my pay grade