• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Emerging

I am so glad that you let yourself feel good and be proud of what you have accomplished. It's a big deal! I'm going into day 4 and am having longer and longer spells without craving or thinking about pills, pills, pills. I have learned that I can live without them and I never thought I could. Thank you for sharing your journey here so I can follow your path.

I wanted to add:

So glad you got your meds. We are on the same regime and Klonopin works great for me for panic and anxiety. Yep under the tongue. The Prozac helps too in other ways. Oddly I have never abused the Klonopin. I guess I want to always have it in case I need it. It would be like abusing insulin which I suppose is possible, but no.

Talking to yourself in the car. LOL I got out of the house after being totally housebound for 18 months, in part using positive self talk. I coaxed, encouraged, yelled at and talked truth to myself all along the way. We are too quick to trash talk ourselves. That cognitive therapy can be helpful.

Sorry I made this all about me. You are doing so great. You haven't just sat and waited for recovery to come to you, you took action.

Last edited:
That's awesome beebox. Keep up the good work. I need to be more empathetic, understanding and forgiving of myself. I tend to be extremely hard on my self (everyone always tells me this) and I take everything personal. A book that really helped me that I need to read again was the 4 agreements.

Thank you so much. I do, too. I'm so good at granting those courtesies to others, but I don't do it for myself. I'm the exact same way - I take EVERYTHING personal. And it sucks. Because it just drives you crazy. Nine times out of ten, it isn't about us. But our anxiety doesn't agree with that.

I'll have to check out that book!

simco:

Thank you so very much. I really feel welcomed here. I can't express enough how much I appreciate everyone's support. It's really helped me in recovery over the last thirty days. Thank you for allowing me a place to share and express myself without fear of being judged.

toothpastedog:
I'm so glad you liked the letter. And I'm also glad I took the time to write it. I had to. I had to tell those things to myself. And I'm going to reread it when I need to in the future. Thank you so much.

I am so glad that you let yourself feel good and be proud of what you have accomplished. It's a big deal! I'm going into day 4 and am having longer and longer spells without craving or thinking about pills, pills, pills. I have learned that I can live without them and I never thought I could. Thank you for sharing your journey here so I can follow your path.

I wanted to add:

So glad you got your meds. We are on the same regime and Klonopin works great for me for panic and anxiety. Yep under the tongue. The Prozac helps too in other ways. Oddly I have never abused the Klonopin. I guess I want to always have it in case I need it. It would be like abusing insulin which I suppose is possible, but no.

Talking to yourself in the car. LOL I got out of the house after being totally housebound for 18 months, in part using positive self talk. I coaxed, encouraged, yelled at and talked truth to myself all along the way. We are too quick to trash talk ourselves. That cognitive therapy can be helpful.

Sorry I made this all about me. You are doing so great. You haven't just sat and waited for recovery to come to you, you took action.

Thank you! It's a really big deal and I'm glad to be so serious about it this time around. I'm so glad the cravings are becoming less frequent for you. It's only going to get easier as time goes on, I promise you that. You definitely can live without them! A life better than you can imagine. I'm so glad that I could share my journey with you and I appreciate you keeping up with it. It means a lot to me. I'm LOVING the Klonopin! It's doing so much to help my anxiety. I don't even miss the Xanax. Prozac helps me feel happy! And the Zyprexa manages my mood very well. I think I have a good mix going.

Thank you so so much. Seriously. <3

Thank you! It's a really big deal and I'm glad to be so serious about it this time around. I'm so glad the cravings are becoming less frequent for you. It's only going to get easier as time goes on, I promise you that. You definitely can live without them! A life better than you can imagine. I'm so glad that I could share my journey with you and I appreciate you keeping up with it. It means a lot to me. I'm LOVING the Klonopin! It's doing so much to help my anxiety. I don't even miss the Xanax. Prozac helps me feel happy! And the Zyprexa manages my mood very well. I think I have a good mix going.

Thank you so so much. Seriously.

Sorry for the empty message...a quoting error nuked my response.

Last edited:
I completed a 10 day group program to help me work through the PTSD associated with my last relationship. Tomorrow I start one on one therapy. The group therapy was the hardest, most intensive thing I've ever done, but I'm so glad I did it. I put all of myself into it and I took it very seriously. It was hard emotionally, but each day I pushed through. I took from it necessary coping skills. My main focus upon going in was the fear that no one would ever love me romantically again. The therapists and the group helped me analyze that fear, and now I have ways to work through it until one day, it's gone.

Today I am 40 days sober and it feels really good. However, I just watched a 60 Minutes segment about addiction and it was a bit triggering. I'm trying to work through it, though. Taking it as a reminder how terrible addiction and drug abuse is.

Congrats, beebox...on both the 40 days and finishing the group. I hope you feel proud of your accomplishment in finishing that group program. Things like that are tough. It's easy to look for what's wrong with them and use that as a pretext for bailing or phoning it in. Taking them seriously, finding how they can help, and claiming that help is really great work.

Thank you so very much. I'm so glad I did it. My session with my therapist today went well, too. I feel like my life is really getting back on track, day by day, one step at a time.