Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Election 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labor win would be even so sweeter if Maxine won Bennelong. =D (or even if the coalition won it would be sweet!)

:D

They only really need another 9 seats to win...

It definitely looks like he is going to lose Bennelong at this point too :)

* Edit * I meant 11 seats. Howard government education here...

Last edited:
it's looking good. it's looking FUCKING GOOD :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ahem. keeping a lid on it. i feel like i did at three quarter time of the afl grand final (i'm a long suffering cats fan).

it's somewhere between "excited" and "i can't cope with the stress i know we're gonna lose so please just kill me now".

Charles Firth, ex Chaser, is taking the hat around for John Howard.[/B

By Cristen Tilley

So far he's stopped Nationals Senator Barnaby Joyce, who declined to sign a 'going away' card for the PM, but did promise to contribute $5 for a gift.

Firth asked if there was any spare money in the regional partnerships scheme.

He then moved on to Senator Bill Heffernan, attracting a huge crowd in the media section. I couldn't quite catch the conversaion, but I'm sure the tone was genial. Then Firth moved on before security could get to him.

Funny stuff.

1234 I'm feeling the same. Stomach's in knots!

I picked a bad time to stop drinking for a few weeks...

Goddamn you :)

9 seats to go now...

Labor close to victory, Howard in trouble

Posted 4 minutes ago

The ABC's electiion analyst says Labor is on the cusp of victory and needs only two seats in Queensland to claim victory.

Labor deputy leader Julia Gillard says the party is expecting to win ffive or six seats in Queensland, which would easily give labor the required number of seats for victory.

The ABC's election computer is predicting Prime Minister John Howard will lose his seat of Bennelong to Labor's Maxine McKew.

With almost 17 per cent of the vote counted, Ms McKew has a swing of more than 15 per cent and the computer is predicting a two-party preferred result of 52.2 per cent for the Labor candidate and former ABC journalist.

Barring a turnaround, Mr Howard is facing the prospect of becoming the first Prime Minister since 1929 to lose his seat.

The last was Stanley Bruce who, like Mr Howard, fought an election campaign dominated by industrial relations issues.

For the past 35 years the party that has won the seat of Eden-Monaro has won government and with almost a quarter of the vote counted Labor's Mike Kelly has a seat-winning lead in the southern New South Wales seat.

Labor need to win a net 16 seats to take government.

So far the ABC's election computer has given Labor victory in nine seats formerly held by the Coalition. The computer also has Labor in a seat-winning victory in another Coalition-held seat.

In Eden-Monaro former military lawyer Mike Kelly has secured a 7 per cent swing against sitting member and Howard Government junior minister Gary Nairn.

Counting has begun in Queensland and the Northern Territory but no meaningful figures are yet through.

Polls close in Western Australia at 8:00pm AEDT.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/11/24/2100228.htm

So... no one knows why there wasn't voting at the Melbourne town hall?

Looks like my local seat (Dobell) is going to Labor (from Liberal). Haha they were interviewing the local member at the Grand Hotel in Wyong on TV. Too fucking funny. That's the seediest pub ever!

Fucking no doubt now, 79 seats.

Best night ever...

I can stop planning to move to Sweden.

vanth said:
So... no one knows why there wasn't voting at the Melbourne town hall?

Hmm...maybe they moved it to Fed Square or something?

Go Rudd! Kevin 07 and about bloody time for a change i rekon! %)

Nope it was at Vic Uni in Flinders St. I suppose it doesn't really matter.

vanth - there was a definite reason, because i heard a mate talking about it - i just don't know what the reason was ;)

keep calm peeps, remember we still got those conservative west australian whores to come. shnouz, i'm looking at you!

6% swing mo' fo's! Even WA isn't going to save that evil little bastard!!! :D :D :D

My biggest joy will be watching the Liberal Party cannabilise itself in the coming weeks.

Something to think about: tomorrow, the highest office the Liberal Party will hold is a mayoralty in Brisbane

Schadenfreude, sweet sweet schadenfreude!!!! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.