Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Election 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
breakyaself said:
I dont know what came over me, but I just had a moment where I felt some heart for the first time from Johnny. Whaaaaat??

You're weak!

String the little fucker up!

He still looks set to lose his seat too. Postal votes my arse, you're fucked Johnnie!

Man, for the first time since I've been able to vote I have a little hope for democracy. Not much though, because essentially this ain't much of a democratic country. But at least LIBERAL IS DEFEATED!

In a true democracy you should have a chance to vote on any issue that affects your life personally. Voting for someone to make decisions for you every 3 years is hardly democratic.

here's to the end of 11 years of homophobia, xenophobia, racism, unaccountability, absolute american allegiance, fear mongering, zero tolerance, pro-elitism, censorship, joining of church and state, all round demagogy etc - but for how long?

howard1.jpg

tbh you and i both know i'd be "celebrating" regardless

not to mention our current political system impedes the progress of our society since everything plan put forth has a 4 year limit to be implemented unless (for some miraculous reason) everyone agrees on something

geez

Fuck yes!!

Good riddance to the evil little bigoted midget! Make way for the cheesy, smarmy cheeky cherub. Oh well, anything is better than Johhny boy.

Fuck I am one happy boy right now. Everything is coming up Jimity today. Labor in, Liberals out. I found $20 on the floor at work, and then won $100 on the pokies.

All this good fortune is making me nervous. I'm waiting for a safe to inexplicably fall on my head.

LP: As hippy-shit-la-de-da as your suggestions sounds on voting for every issue that affects us personally, I would like you to think about the logistics of your idealist fantasies for me, because you mustn't work in the industry of making 13 million people do what you want them to do : vote every time you clap your hands. And if you do work in such an industry, I would like you to tell me one country that is that actually democratic. And even if they did vote on every issue that affected them, do you actually think they would always be the most environmentally, socially, culpally (Sp) sound ideas that benefit the comunity the most. That is meantto be the beauty of voting for a leader with certain ideals, is that he can do all that hard work.... you think after the 5th or the 8th or the 14th or 31st time that someone has to go to the voting polls that they will be doing it with the best interest of the state in mind. I can garentee you not

I am very drunk, but you know, and I know that you know what I mean.
Yes.

Hey if half the population wants to actually spend money voting on fucking Australian Idol weekly then I don't think it's too much to expect them to sit down once a week for twenty minutes and vote on issues that affect them. I mean with the power of the internet at our hands (and most people being online) it would hardly be a strenuous task.

If most people spent half the time thinking about the logistics of how our country's run as they do football we could have something pretty decent to work with here.

But yeah if voting was daily or something I can see that it would just make most of us bored with it and apathetic.

The problem with voting for someone else to make all our decisions is that everyone is going to disagree on certain issues. And having just come out of 11 years of hell, what if you don't like any of the policies of the current government? Protesting is the only avenue left us for discourse and if Iraq is anything to go by it clearly does not work.

I mean we could get all the morons involved by making it a reality style show:

Australian Voting.

Who wants to make a decision leaving them in control of their own life?

Are you more in control than a fifth grader?

Haha I know I posted the video of Howard bowling terribly last night as a denigration of him, but hey if the man wants to eat his ear wax, that doesn't concern me so much as whether he keeps half his election promises. Which may be hard the way the senate is looking at the moment, until July anyways. Looks like the greens are going to hold the balance of power which I find promising.

silvia saint said:
here's to the end of 11 years of homophobia, xenophobia, racism, unaccountability, absolute american allegiance, fear mongering, zero tolerance, pro-elitism, censorship, joining of church and state, all round demagogy etc - but for how long?

Word to all that,plus no more 'core' and 'non-core promises'.

Let's hope this has been the end of a "dark time" in this country,and we can move forward into a new chapter without sinking to the lowest of lows,and bring compassion and human decency back................

Poor old johnny. I dislike howard but i hate rudd more. Meh, ill give Removed offensive comment - vanth a chance, ill wait and see how much he fucks up my industry.

Hooray for unions! :X

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooray for unions indeed. This country owes them a great debt.

Bob Hawke said:
Every working Australian, and those dependent on them, is indebted to the trade union movement. Everything they take for granted that largely makes up their standard and quality of living — their pay structure, paid annual leave, long-service leave, sick leave, penalty rates, equal pay — was fought for and won by the trade union movement.

Last edited:
Dont try and excuse unions mate. Im in the industry, i see what happens behind closed doors. Yeah fair enough, our pay and conditions have improved. You saying thats the only result of the union movement? Wake up.

Do all the glorifying you want, its not gonna change my opinion....

Status
Not open for further replies.