• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ethnobotanicals Effects of Kava

bookshelf1

Bluelighter
If you have used Kava root powder or other Kava forms what effects did you experience on it?
my experience:
Rectal tenesmus - sleepy mood - anxious mood - fast heart rate - Closed Eye Visuals

i used kava powder for 2 weeks.it wasn't desirable and good as i expected.i didn't like the effects.
I had Rectal Tenesmus which i was surprised first time i felt it.it was like an urgent need to go to toilet but there was nothing to come out of your body.it was a fake feeling.
i don't see anyone talking about this effect.maybe its idiosyncratic(unique effect for someone).
i had it every time i used kava.i used kava in different ways.by brewing the tea,and eating dry powder.
but the main reason i put it aside and didn't use it again was because whenever i used it after couple hours later my heart suddenly raced like something dangerous is happening.i don't know why that happened but i don't see other people talking about this effect.i was using citalopram(antidepressant) and oxycodone and bisoprolol at that time.maybe it was a contraindication.i was scared if i stroke.and i learned if i try to be positive and force my self to smile(no matter how fake it looks) it helps to stop my heart from racing and getting fast heart rate.i used kava without those medication one time and i don't remember much about it.
and when i used kava before sleep i saw some faces changing rapidly when i closed my eyes.it was gone after couple minuetes.it didn't make any special feeling to me.just a time wasting before sleep.

I recently tried some kava in various dosages, from tiny to as much as I could down of given the taste, and I got next to zero effects. A slight relaxation but one beer is quite a bit stronger in the immediate effects. Wish I would get CEVs from something as mild as kava - but I know that everybody reacts differently to psychoactives and some people get a nice, carefree mood.