Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ecstasy related death on the Gold Coast

Splatt

Ex-Bluelighter
I dont want to start speculation but there was just a report on the Gold Coast news (thanks for the heads up juice_soldier) about a girl dying from street ecstasy tablets and her boyfriend in hospital from the same pills. It is alledged they took multiple tablets before they felt ill effects.

The tablets are unknown as they just showed the usual AFP bags of different pills bust from the ecstasy is evil vault saying any of these pills or the pill on the street could be the deadly ones circulating.

I cannot find an online news article about them so if anyone see:s one pop up please post.

It is not clear whether these unknown pills contained PMA, or what they contained but there has been 2 PMA deaths in the last ~6 months, so it is not out of the question.

A Gold Coaster recently told me to be aware of any thin light or blue tablets as one girl took one and exhibited the signs of a non-MDMA reaction complaining she was ill, in pain and hot and apparently did some pretty odd stuff. She was taken to the hospital and looked after, and now she is apparently okay. Other people had these pills and didnt suffer anything as bad as her, they just said they were strong.

Girl dies after taking ecstasy
August 18, 2007 07:01pm

AN 18-year-old girl died and her boyfriend was admitted to hospital after the pair took the illicit drug ecstasy while on an overnight fishing trip on the Gold Coast.

The couple had swallowed several ecstasy tablets while they were fishing at an isolated spot on Jabiru Island, off the Gold Coast, last night, police said.

The girl died at about 5am (AEST) today despite the efforts of paramedics who had been alerted to the situation after her boyfriend called triple-O.

The 17-year-old boy was treated at the Gold Coast Hospital, but has since been released.

A police spokeswoman said the case was not being treated as suspicious and would be referred to the coroner

Herald Sun

So sad.

The manufacturers are killing their customers. When will they learn that putting things other than MDMA in pills is stupid and less people are going to want to take those pills.

One of my mates just moved up to the goldy, I hope he stays away from drugs up there. I havent heard anything good about drugs up there except that the ice is wicked.

Splatt,

I have changed the title of the thread as there is nothing to indicate that this death can be attributed to PMA - Yet.

At this stage, it would simply be speculative and misinformation can cause more troubles than no information at all. If further information comes to hand that indicates that PMA may be involved the title will be changed back.

This is very sad indeed.

Channel 7 ran an interesting piece on it with typical comments from the Chief Inspector and an excellent quick interview with someone from one of Qld's drug and alcohol advisory type services.

He pointed out that large busts of real MDMA pills tended to make rouge pills more prevalent and also that ecstasy use was now not restricted to nightclubs and being used in all types of settings - a quiet fishing trip could not be more removed from a hot, sweaty "rave".

What frustrates me is that the living male would be in a position to tell the police exactly what the pills were that they took. The identity of the pill should be immediately released to the public and it baffles me why this is not done.

Instead we have the Chief Inspector saying this is tragedy and yet another timely reminder, blah blah blah.

How hot was it on the Gold Coast today? The pills could very well have just been strong MDMA one, these users were relatively inexperienced and being outside fishing in the elements, taking a "few" of these pills, caused tragic consequences. Therefore, it is not necessarily the case that the pills contained some type of adulterant, although I agree that having one person die and another get very sick does set off alarm bells.

Last edited:
well im on the goldie and we all know that the pills from here suck

dont think your going to find it here

and the ice is whats destorying the place.............i know im a hippocrate saying this as i take it but its notta good for you

Police charge two after Gold Coast ecstasy death
Posted Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:18am AEST
Updated Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:59am AEST

Police have charged two people with supplying drugs after the death of an 18-year-old woman on Saturday at Hope Island on the Gold Coast.

Police believe the woman died after taking several ecstasy tablets.

A 17-year-old male who was with her was treated at the Gold Coast Hospital and later released.

A 19-year-old man and 18-year-old woman will appear in the Southport Magistrates court later this month.

ABC

^ Jesus... why ruin another two lives over supplying the drug? You don't arrest the car manufacturer when someone dies in a car accident.

which means they know what tablet caused the death. even if it is mdma only they should still release information a.s.a.p

if they dont theyre complete dogs who want uneducate young people to drop dead, and dont want to educate them properly.

release info! save lives! look at what their ignorance and slow testing times could of possible did in february.

Last edited:
^^^^
How do they justify not releasing the name of the press? Do they claim there trying to bust the source or something?

It is complete lunacy to me.

The cause of death and the contents of the pill/pills would need to be determined prior to releasing such information.

If the pills simply contained MDMA, or the girl passed away because of unrelated matters, then I very much doubt the press will be released.

Another sad story!

Best wishes to her family and friends and I hope everyone takes the message home with them that no drugs are safe!

Been careful everyone ;) and remember, test you pills.. If in doubt, throw them out!

Peace

Doooofus said:
^ Jesus... why ruin another two lives over supplying the drug? You don't arrest the car manufacturer when someone dies in a car accident.

No, but you would if the car dealership sold you a car that had a defect that was the sole cause of the accident, ive said it before, dealers whether they are friends or aquaintances are just as resposible for the deaths regardless of what level they are dealing at, they chose to make money off a product that ultimately killed someone (assuming this is PMA, no confirmation that it is though), so its just as much a reminder to dealers at any level that if your passing on pills that have PMA in them, your gonna get hunted down.

MettaKarma said:
are these pages read by the narcs?

It's safe to assume that Law Enforcement officials read this site and possibly even utilise it for intelligence collection. This is why we have forum guidelines and also the BLUA to protect the site and its members.

Check out the thread below for further information.

Paranoid

LE woul read this forum and board but whos to say someone talking about being a dealer or having 100 pills or taking what or whos planning what is true.

have you had a talk with most drug users these days. all they can go on about is how they can get this and that at this small price and its pure as a nuns nasty but how often do they deliver.. about zero. people could just be talking shite, so unless they raid your house, then trace your incriminating posts i would think they take most of what is discussed here with a grain of salt. the big boys aint gonna be using this forum and when they are they aint talking about their next plan.

I just heard on AM radio that Queensland police have put a warning out on PURPLE D & G pills on the Gold Coast. I assume that is Dolce and Gabbana but will check Pillreports. They alledgedly have PMA in them. There was no report on whether these are linked to the above death.

Sorry for the little info mods but that is all I heard in the news report.

Just read this here too.

Update...I can only find a grey D&G on the Goldy on Pillreports. There is a light blue one in Melbourne. Can anyone identify these any better?

Last edited:
chopped_chimp said:
I just heard on AM radio that Queensland police have put a warning out on PURPLE D & G pills on the Gold Coast. I assume that is Dolce and Gabbana but will check Pillreports. They alledgedly have PMA in them. There was no report on whether these are linked to the above death.

Sorry for the little info mods but that is all I heard in the news report.

Just read this here too.

Update...I can only find a grey D&G on the Goldy on Pillreports. There is a light blue one in Melbourne. Can anyone identify these any better?

Who knows if these are definately the ones responsible but it sounds like you're on the right track!

Good work chimp!

Farken pigs take their damn time :|

It said on the radio the girl that died didnt have pma in her system