• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Ecstasy, mdma, or molly.. that is the question 🤔

Juicygirlforlife

Bluelighter
I was told I should try ecstasy. Everything I've read idk if I should read about X, Molly, or mdma. What's the differences, how do they come(pill, powder, etc), what's to be expected, what's your experience?

Methylendioxymethamphetamine is the pure substance, it comes as crystals if you have a good connection. Ecstasy usually refers to pills, in the old age these contained MDMA but nowadays we have a fuckton of research chemicals going around, so XTC (short for Ecstasy) can contain god knows what and in the worst case kill you. Molly is another slang term for ecstasy, don't know if it refers to MDMA or to pills with MDMA-ish activity.

I'd rather buy RCs directly from a reputable vendor (there exist a few) than take untested, pressed ecstasy pills from a random vendor. You can test them, depending on your country for free or for some fee, international Spain based Energy Control takes unfortunate 50 Euros for a single test and they tell it doesn't even cover their expenses. In Switzerland we have free testing possibilities. Or you buy reagent tests like Marquis, Mecke, Mendelin etc. and test yourself - this should at least rule out some of the more common adulterants.

Research Chemicals are drugs which are modified in a way to circumvent the war on drugs based shitty laws. They change every few months as there comes out a new law to ban the existing ones, and they get further and further away from the good old drugs which at least have a known side and effects profile. These RCs nowadays sometimes have zero animal testing for example and while animals make a poor model at least it's some form of testing. There are some which are actually good and come out of drug research like the 5-/6-(M)APB but most is cathinone based garbage.

Methylendioxymethamphetamine is the pure substance, it comes as crystals if you have a good connection. Ecstasy usually refers to pills, in the old age these contained MDMA but nowadays we have a fuckton of research chemicals going around, so XTC (short for Ecstasy) can contain god knows what and in the worst case kill you. Molly is another slang term for ecstasy, don't know if it refers to MDMA or to pills with MDMA-ish activity.

I'd rather buy RCs directly from a reputable vendor (there exist a few) than take untested, pressed ecstasy pills from a random vendor. You can test them, depending on your country for free or for some fee, international Spain based Energy Control takes unfortunate 50 Euros for a single test and they tell it doesn't even cover their expenses. In Switzerland we have free testing possibilities. Or you buy reagent tests like Marquis, Mecke, Mendelin etc. and test yourself - this should at least rule out some of the more common adulterants.

Research Chemicals are drugs which are modified in a way to circumvent the war on drugs based shitty laws. They change every few months as there comes out a new law to ban the existing ones, and they get further and further away from the good old drugs which at least have a known side and effects profile. These RCs nowadays sometimes have zero animal testing for example and while animals make a poor model at least it's some form of testing. There are some which are actually good and come out of drug research like the 5-/6-(M)APB but most is cathinone based garbage.
Thanks for explaining that. So mdma is in form like meth? Are they done the same way?
Also, what are RC's?

Nevermind, I apparently didn't read the whole post before asking what RC is🤦🏻‍♀️

I was told I should try ecstasy. Everything I've read idk if I should read about X, Molly, or mdma. What's the differences, how do they come(pill, powder, etc), what's to be expected, what's your experience?
Molly game me more of a crystal meth feeling, X made everything feel and look great. Never tried mdma. Id go with X tbh. Goodluck mate.

Molly game me more of a crystal meth feeling, X made everything feel and look great. Never tried mdma. Id go with X tbh. Goodluck mate.
Lol did you read my post? Molly is supposed to be the same like XTC and be MDMA but nowadays it contains random stuff so your next experience might be very different. I'd try to source crystals. They are crushed and taken orally. Don't know why but there will be a reason why people use it orally, maybe it's caustic to the nasal tissue and burning chemicals is just bad for the lung ... if then vaporize it.

@Juicygirlforlife Never had MDMA crystals in my hands yet but yeah it will look a bit like meth.

Lol did you read my post? Molly is supposed to be the same like XTC and be MDMA but nowadays it contains random stuff so your next experience might be very different. I'd try to source crystals. They are crushed and taken orally. Don't know why but there will be a reason why people use it orally, maybe it's caustic to the nasal tissue and burning chemicals is just bad for the lung ... if then vaporize it.
No i did not..thanks for the info bro

I haven't taken mandy for years. Do they still use safrole oil as the precursor?

I haven't taken mandy for years. Do they still use safrole oil as the precursor?
I guess ... they kill jungle for getting the trees which contain safrole oil and then the DEA burns the safrole, super duper.

Never took MDMA yet but it's on my list. Yet had the chance to taste 4,4'-dimethylaminorex, which is said to be pretty similar to good MDMA just that it has a MAO inhibitor built-in which means the serotonin gets recycled instead of broken down, with the result of it being usable for a week in a row without losing much efficacy.. awesome but verrry rare these days. Had 50g of the good stuff and my ex gf flushed it. Arrrgh

Last edited:
They are all terms for the same drug. MDMA is the drug, ecstasy and molly are just slang terms. Typically molly refers to MDMA in crystal form, as opposed to pills, but they're the same drug, there is no difference in effects whether it is pressed into pills or left in raw form.

They are all terms for the same drug. MDMA is the drug, ecstasy and molly are just slang terms. Typically molly refers to MDMA in crystal form, as opposed to pills, but they're the same drug, there is no difference in effects whether it is pressed into pills or left in raw form.
Yeah but nowadays Ecstasy contains whatever reseach chemical the local vendor dumped. Real ecstasy pills exist but guess it's Russian roulette.

My immediate thoughts- yes I believe, Molly was the socially adopted slang term for MDMA.

Now Exstacy actually from inception and origin, is a label for MDMA specifically and only.

Which is crazy in my mind from some angle.

I was privvy to the thriving UK 90's scene. Now, as far as we considered from off, young kids, way pre internet until 2005 really for me, these mindblowing Doves, Dolphins, Elephants, Mitsubishis etc, were "Exstacy" pills.

And hence confidently reported them as such.

We knew about MDE which was plentiful, and MDA. Very distinguishable, but the best presses may have been a muddying mixture at times.

Because from the early 90's, even the legendary original White Doves were almost equally MDE to MDMA, tyoically 120-175 mg's total.

Same for many,

And then, later by 2000, much more predominantly MDMA, just flooded the country.

Crystal and powder came massively onto the scene. Again, spectacular stuff always.

But MDA pills and combos were still around up to 2005. Maybe just more batches solely MDMA, littered MDA/E/mixed.

Unlike the early to late 90's where the high quality Exstacy pill market was like a random, varying pool of all three, MDE almost if not as common as MDMA.

Not many people I knew ever spoke of MDMA back then to use that word until powder and Crystal came onto the scene.

We were all believing we were taking ecstasy when in reality we were not by definition.

I'm glad we didn't know because it was so much easier to tell my neighbours upon returning from a rave at 8 am after 9 1/2 e's that "I have taken ecstasy because instead I would have needed to say I think it might have been MDE actually so it's not technically ecstasy but they could've had some MDA in it as well. Enjoy your Sinday Mr..."

So much easier.

So there is that through the meaning and implications in my mind to how it has been misused throughout time in that sense for myself included and everybody I grew up with in England, and Wales.

Mandy! MDA.

Molly- MDMA

I like musing. Guess which is by far the most popular term overall although there is an obvious reason for that?

Last edited:
Molly did get a lot more popular though I can't believe that everybody started calling their daughters Molly suddenly to account for that rise? Lol

Russian roulette.
Good point also I wonder what the ecstasy scene is actually like in Russia in terms of availability for a start let alone quality I've no idea honestly whether they even have a supply of it I suppose they must do but you never know.