• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ecstasy, mdma, or molly.. that is the question 🤔

My immediate thoughts- yes I believe, Molly was the socially adopted slang term for MDMA.

Now Exstacy actually from inception and origin, is a label for MDMA specifically and only.

Which is crazy in my mind from some angle.

I was privvy to the thriving UK 90's scene. Now, as far as we considered from off, young kids, way pre internet until 2005 really for me, these mindblowing Doves, Dolphins, Elephants, Mitsubishis etc, were "Exstacy" pills.

And hence confidently reported them as such.

We knew about MDE which was plentiful, and MDA. Very distinguishable, but the best presses may have been a muddying mixture at times.

Because from the early 90's, even the legendary original White Doves were almost equally MDE to MDMA, tyoically 120-175 mg's total.

Same for many,

And then, later by 2000, much more predominantly MDMA, just flooded the country.

Crystal and powder came massively onto the scene. Again, spectacular stuff always.

But MDA pills and combos were still around up to 2005. Maybe just more batches solely MDMA, littered MDA/E/mixed.

Unlike the early to late 90's where the high quality Exstacy pill market was like a random, varying pool of all three, MDE almost if not as common as MDMA.

Not many people I knew ever spoke of MDMA back then to use that word until powder and Crystal came onto the scene.

We were all believing we were taking ecstasy when in reality we were not by definition.

I'm glad we didn't know because it was so much easier to tell my neighbours upon returning from a rave at 8 am after 9 1/2 e's that "I have taken ecstasy because instead I would have needed to say I think it might have been MDE actually so it's not technically ecstasy but they could've had some MDA in it as well. Enjoy your Sinday Mr..."

So much easier.

So there is that through the meaning and implications in my mind to how it has been misused throughout time in that sense for myself included and everybody I grew up with in England, and Wales.

Mandy! MDA.

Molly- MDMA

I like musing. Guess which is by far the most popular term overall although there is an obvious reason for that?

You totally lost me🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

Molly did get a lot more popular though I can't believe that everybody started calling their daughters Molly suddenly to account for that rise? Lol
In the UK we would usually slang term MDMA as 'Mandy'.

I actually met somebody in rehab who's parents were well into the acid house/rave scene and they called there children Mandy and Billy. Billy being a UK slang term for whizz (Speed-Amphetamine)

In the UK we would usually slang term MDMA as 'Mandy'.

I actually met somebody in rehab who's parents were well into the acid house/rave scene and they called there children Mandy and Billy. Billy being a UK slang term for whizz (Speed-Amphetamine)
My own exstacy use curtailed before I even considered things really, we easily identified early on the unmistakable differences between the three. So without any actual knowledge or research or internet ever, not even mobile phones!

Lol Talk about the good old days hey?

Technology is overrated. That's not even an understatement but a true one.

But somehow I knew MDA from MDMA from EVE aka MDE, without terminology ever being a complication.

So all of my own exstacy use was without any real thought for or meaning of the theories and labels and formulas.

From May 2005 I has no interest in the activity or ability for it anymore due to conditions which were imposed externally through no self fault.

I stopped using and thinking about Ecstasy after nine years of heavy abuse completely before I even used the internet or had a mobile.

Sorry, I'm going off track. I'm on an insane high dose LSD trip.

Very intense busy stressful real world grinding my damaged oversensisised nerves, phew!

I only just made it back to some personal space after a lifetime of events, since starting this post even.

Intense shit. Starting with an accidental huge benzo overdose which I survived bodily but with repercussions, and a whole tonne of LSD since.

So it's hard right now to make a simple point, and I need to get it together.

Some things are simple, and yet needlssly overcomplicated.

Because Exstacy is only correctly applied from origin and inceptionnto MDMA.

Not MDA or MDE.

So the word "exstacy", is the problem IMO.

Let's just do away with it, and talk about MDMA, MDA, and MDE.

I personally grow up mistakenly in my own young and educated pre-Internet imagination believing and referring to the drug I was taking comprising of all three of these in any unknown quantities to a varying degree as ecstasy.

But now I've learnt that I cannot use that term to encompass all three because it's inaccurate and it really confuses the matter so it has to be rejected and less context is applied and understood.

Then, this is a joke I have with myself, I have a mad sense of humour, the girl's name "Molly", been around since Dolly Parton at least, Suddenly became a whole lot more popular when people were taking MDMA and calling it Molly about 2014 I believe if you look at Google trends type in ecstasy and Molly is quite interesting the data doesn't lie.

Molly= MDMA. MDA nor MDE.

So it just adds more confusion again except these things can be simplified if they are universally understood.

Because "Mandy=MDA". That's what Mandy refers to, represents, when the term is used correctly.

Mandy is not MDMA.

Just like EVE is not MANDY! Lol. You see how ridiculous it is really when it's also simple after all but just never needed to be so convoluted so much easier simple system could've been adopted and taught from the start saving confusion and misapplication of terminology.

So, fuck "Exsacy", fuck MDMA, MDA, MDE(A) (If you choose to spell it that way but you don't have to that's again extra I'm necessary confusion in my mind).

Just know who and what you are playing with when you play with Molly Mandy and Eve.

I hope that makes a little bit of sense I'm sorry if it is simply ludicrous I'm barely fit to judge but as far as the definitions of the terms goes and the way that these arose with culture and how mispractised they are often without a comprehension for what they each actually refer to represent.

So I'm pretty dead clear on viewing this but I still like to joke about more parents suddenly calling their daughters Molly when MDMA adopted the same name at the same time in history.

I hope that makes a little bit of sense I'm sorry if it is simply ludicrous
Your whole post is completely ludicrous! :ROFLMAO: How on earth you can even type, let alone use a computer/phone/ipad when tripping your face off on LSD is beyond me???

On LSD - I watch the world fall to pieces.

Molly is a term used in the USA. Mandy is a term used in the UK. Both slang for MDMA.

Your whole post is completely ludicrous! :ROFLMAO: How on earth you can even type, let alone use a computer/phone/ipad when tripping your face off on LSD is beyond me???

Molly is a term used in the USA. Mandy is a term used in the UK. Both slang for MDMA.

Hana. Now I never once have professed to be an expert on this like I say I literally put no thought or research into this until recent years and I've not taken ecstasy keep things simple for now since 2005 but I do believe that what I have said here is actually correct I'm not saying I'm not mistaken and I invite anybody else because there are people here and clever people who I respect and have learnt from who I feel good hopefully confirm this for me and back me up on it.

The fact that a term is used by a majority or two different terms which actually don't refer to the same thing but which are mistaken and used as one synonym, This is the miss practice of the terminology and slang meanings being used wrongly and I believe that this is the case but I don't know for sure and I'm all ears to somebody who is far more qualified than myself to clarify this possbly.

@unodelacosa hi man. Big respect, I don't know if you will see this but you personally were very helpful at drawing these things to my attention to help me actually look at things for exactly what I mean here and I'm just wondering if your head of all which is the one I naturally seek as a sounding board here would be able to confirm what I have said above or enlighten me further from angles I can take on board.

Only because if I've got any of this mistaken then I wish to correct it pronto and not make the mistake again.

For the sake of truth also within the community..

Personally I feel every point I made above checks out entirely if we leave out the woo hoo stuff LOL. 🙂

Hana. Now I never once have professed to be an expert on this like I say I literally put no thought or research into this until recent years and I've not taken ecstasy keep things simple for now since 2005 but I do believe that what I have said here is actually correct I'm not saying I'm not mistaken and I invite anybody else because there are people here and clever people who I respect and have learnt from who I feel good hopefully confirm this for me and back me up on it.

The fact that a term is used by a majority or two different terms which actually don't refer to the same thing but which are mistaken and used as one synonym, This is the miss practice of the terminology and slang meanings being used wrongly and I believe that this is the case but I don't know for sure and I'm all ears to somebody who is far more qualified than myself to clarify this possbly.

@unodelacosa hi man. Big respect, I don't know if you will see this but you personally were very helpful at drawing these things to my attention to help me actually look at things for exactly what I mean here and I'm just wondering if your head of all which is the one I naturally seek as a sounding board here would be able to confirm what I have said above or enlighten me further from angles I can take on board.

Only because if I've got any of this mistaken then I wish to correct it pronto and not make the mistake again.

Personally I feel every point I made above checks out entirely if we leave out the woo hoo stuff LOL. 🙂
From ecstasy to molly - what's in a name when it comes to drug use? (theconversation.com)

" It should be noted, however, that MDMA generally isn’t known as molly outside the US. In the UK, for instance, it is sometimes called mandy. "

From ecstasy to molly - what's in a name when it comes to drug use? (theconversation.com)

" It should be noted, however, that MDMA generally isn’t known as molly outside the US. In the UK, for instance, it is sometimes called mandy. "
I am not disputing you at all on this point I'm just making what I believe is the accurate truthful fact of the matter is that this is simply the wrongful definition and application to MDMA because Mandy, like Mollly Is and only is MDMA and MDI doesn't have its name now I think of it hence me getting confused above even more I realise now.

Because the fact that the term Mandy has been adopted and used in the UK culture to refer to MDMA is basically an inaccurate use an application of the term that's the point I'm making here.

I know exactly which points I'm trying to make but it's beyond me this moment on 1000 µg of LSD in a true kaleidoscopic visual field.

I am not disputing you at all on this point I'm just making what I believe is the accurate truthful fact of the matter is that this is simply the wrongful definition and application to MDMA because Mandy, like Mollly Is and only is MDMA and MDI doesn't have its name now I think of it hence me getting confused above even more I realise now.

Because the fact that the term Mandy has been adopted and used in the UK culture to refer to MDMA is basically an inaccurate use an application of the term that's the point I'm making here.

I know exactly which points I'm trying to make but it's beyond me this moment on 1000 µg of LSD in a true kaleidoscopic visual field.
Come back when you're not tripping ;)

Come back when you're not tripping ;)
Thank you I would normally do so in the first place and will try to but things are entirely unpredictable these days and this is a level of tripping even I was not accustomed to for the first 25 years deeply exploring psychedelics.

Russia does have an MDMA scene from what I’ve heard. Just not much is known about it, or at least I don’t know much about it. But I’ve heard Russians even moving pills to other countries so they must have enough for them and then some. Watching some Russian prison shows I’ve seen Ecstasy dealers there doing time. I think it’s fairly popular all things considered.

-GC

I think we were discussing the slang term “ecstasy” and whether it should cover just MDMA, or also MDA, MDE, and possibly any other 3,4-methylenedioxy-ring-containing stimulants with serotonergic activity. In my experience and opinion, I've always reserved the word for MDMA, also calling it “molly” (which btw comes from the word “molecule”, itself stemming from what the Grateful Dead Family chemists in California referred to as the “Family Jewel Molecule”, i.e., the extra n-methyl molecule added to MDA), and meanwhile calling MDA “Sassy”, MDE “Eve”, and Methylone “M1”. I think this makes sense, or at most I could go for referring to the whole lot as “ecstasy-class drugs”, but it's pure meant as a means of misleading people for profits that the word “ecstasy” started applying to compounds other than the unique 3,4-MDMA.HCl.

Unfortunately, to many people ecstasy is kind of a blanket term for any blackmarket stimulant pill or powder. By extension, “molly” has come to mean this as well, and to me, this is sad and stupid and shouldn't be tolerated. But you know, can only do so much, and people are generally dumb twats with their heads planted firmly up their own asses. It's likely I'm no exception, so take what I say with a grain of proverbial sodium chloride and feel free to disregard my opinions.

Idk what the history is for the word “Mandy” as a slang term for MDMA. If anyone knows that origin story, please share.

I think we were discussing the slang term “ecstasy” and whether it should cover just MDMA, or also MDA, MDE, and possibly any other 3,4-methylenedioxy-ring-containing stimulants with serotonergic activity. In my experience and opinion, I've always reserved the word for MDMA, also calling it “molly” (which btw comes from the word “molecule”, itself stemming from what the Grateful Dead Family chemists in California referred to as the “Family Jewel Molecule”, i.e., the extra n-methyl molecule added to MDA), and meanwhile calling MDA “Sassy”, MDE “Eve”, and Methylone “M1”. I think this makes sense, or at most I could go for referring to the whole lot as “ecstasy-class drugs”, but it's pure meant as a means of misleading people for profits that the word “ecstasy” started applying to compounds other than the unique 3,4-MDMA.HCl.

Unfortunately, to many people ecstasy is kind of a blanket term for any blackmarket stimulant pill or powder. By extension, “molly” has come to mean this as well, and to me, this is sad and stupid and shouldn't be tolerated. But you know, can only do so much, and people are generally dumb twats with their heads planted firmly up their own asses. It's likely I'm no exception, so take what I say with a grain of proverbial sodium chloride and feel free to disregard my opinions.

Idk what the history is for the word “Mandy” as a slang term for MDMA. If anyone knows that origin story, please share.
Thanks for that answer there. Amnesia made that a surprise for me now, and total disinhibition made me post such originally!

There have been a few threads where simular, samethemes have come up.

Like, how many early 90's Ravers took the 200 mg MDA Snowballs and called it exstacy?

Was probably sold as exstacy in the clubs, on the street.

Anyway sorry to make you have to answer at all man hope you are doing alright been on another heavy trip here 700 Mics today + a lot more. Good one though. đź‘Ť