• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Eating opium, recommended dose.

Opium can change in potency depending on the level of alkaloids in the pods that it was produced from.
For an opiate naive person, smoked opium will definitely give a strong high and the duration will be long. If you smoked real opium, there would be no suspicion on your mind; you would know that you were on an opiate.

Opium can change in potency depending on the level of alkaloids in the pods that it was produced from.
For an opiate naive person, smoked opium will definitely give a strong high and the duration will be long. If you smoked real opium, there would be no suspicion on your mind; you would know that you were on an opiate.

So that makes me think that what we were smoking was not real opium, but then do you think ANY of what was in it was opium or at least something that came from a poppy plant, and what else do you think could have been in it?

I mean, it smelled and tasted really good and got us high but it was a very mild high, too mild to feel it was legit opium.

Do you think it was just SUPER low quality and weak, or that it was mixed with something else, or something else entirely?

The duration was about 2 hours which isn't that long either.

What do you think could have been in it?

I really can't say. It could be a barbiturate, low dose of opiate (ex: morphine pills), ... Here in Turkey people sometimes add barbituretes in opium and hash to give it a more sedating high. We can never know what was in it without testing really. It's an underground market without any rules. By the way, everybody says that opium smells so good but it really doesn't smell like incense or flowers at all. It's more like a grassy, sappy, plant smell. The consistency is very like glazing putty that's used to keep the glass attached to the window frame. As you said, 2 hours high is very short for an opium high. People usually don't take the placebo effect seriously but it could just be a placebo effect.
If you are opiate naive, a few tokes of opium usually hits in about 20-30 seconds, one usually feels a pressure at the back of their neck and also the knees get a little wobbly. If you ever had poppy pod tea, the effects are quite similar but with much less boddy load which may be because of the absence of thebaine.

Last edited:
I really can't say. It could be a barbiturate, low dose of opiate (ex: morphine pills), ... Here in Turkey people sometimes add barbituretes in opium and hash to give it a more sedating high. We can never know what was in it without testing really. It's an underground market without any rules. By the way, everybody says that opium smalls so good but it really doesn't smell like incense or flowers at all. It's more like a grassy, sappy, plant smell. The consistency is very like glazing putty that's used to keep the glass attached to the window frame. As you said, 2 hours high is very short for an opium high. People usually don't take the placebo effect seriously but it could just be a placebo effect.
If you are opiate naive, a few tokes of opium usually hits in about 20-30 seconds, one usually feels a pressure at the back of their neck and also the knees get a little wobbly. If you ever had poppy pod tea, the effects are quite similar but with much less boddy load which may be because of the absence of thebaine.

I've never had PST but I am sure from what I have read it is way stronger than what I used to smoke.

I very much doubt it had barbiturate.

It did hit in 20-30 seconds yes, but was so much milder than I'd have thought it doesn't make sense.

I don't doubt you on the placebo effect and I think that was a lot of it to be honest.

I have to believe it did SOMETHING beyond placebo, but whatever it was must have been very weak and it tasting good and our wanting to believe it was probably provided the rest.

I'm still so curious as to what it was, and in Turkey I bet you guys are much more likely to get legit Opium as for some reason I have heard that culturally in Turkey, the mediterranean and middle east and Northern Africa like Lebannon that there is more real Opium but not so much in the U.S. and I think whatever we had was B.S. but it is funny cause my friend who was so enthusiastic about it had done harder drugs I never have like K, Crystal Meth, Ecstasy, etc.

I'll obviously never know what it was, but it wasn't real opium I am sure or else it would have felt so strong to me back then as now I am experienced with taking high dose Kratom, Kratom extracts and occassionally Oxy or Hydro and it was too weak.

Just a weird case of really not knowing at all what it was I guess so I'll probably always wonder.

i got 2g of opium, how much should you take lol
I think its of medium potency

You are already on opiates, you have a tolerance so nobody can know how much you can take. Also, didn't you ask the same question few days ago? Maybe you are getting confused because you are mixing various opiates with different half lives and effects. It seems like by combining these various opiates, you are putting yourself in potentially dangerous situation.
Good luck, stay safe.

Opium smoked through a pipe or any system where the flame is directly on the opium will not release the alkaloids that constitute a "true" opium high. Ironically, if you are smoking through a regular pipe, then lower grade opium. or dross (actually opium that has been combined with the ashes and residue left over after higher grade opium has been smoked in the Chinese manner) might get you "higher" than higher grade opium smoked this way, because dross has a higher morphine content than pure opium. Opium smoked in the Chinese manner, or through a vaporization system, will release not just the morphine, but also the full range of alkaloids that produce a "true" opium high. This type of opium high is a little bit different than most opioid highs. Perhaps not better, but certainly different. Those who smoke opium in the traditional manner, which is rather complicated and requires an array of tools—pipe, bowl, lamp, roller, etc—would rather eat opium than smoke it as one smokes marijuana. The latter method is viewed as a waste of good opium.