• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Eating opium, recommended dose.

Pestilence89

Greenlighter
Hi,

New member and first poster here, hope there is someone that can help out. Swim has 1g of supposedly quite strong opium and swim is going to eat it (swim has already decided he will not smoke it).Swim wouldn't mind eating it raw or making a tea. My main question is what would be a good starting dose? Swim has a moderate tolerance to opiates (regular use of tramadol).

Any other opium eaters out there want to shed some light? Would be much appreciated!

Thanks very much,

Pest.

We don't swim here.

I know you said your not going to smoke it but it's probably your best option your wasting a bunch just eating it. Also none of us can really recommend a dose because opium is an illegal and crude form of several opi alkaloids. This leads to varying potentcy.

Either put it in your butt or smoke it.

Also fuck you I'm mad jealous, where do you live opium is available?

Last edited:
Anywhere from 25-100 mg. 50 mg if your non tolerant should be a good dose 100 mg if you are tolerant and only more if you know your body. Why not smoke it?

Edit : seeing you have moderate tolerance with tranadol start with 50 mg for a strong nod. Don't do more than 75 mg first time and only add 25 mg if after 90 min your not good after your last dose. Careful and don't rush into it as it comes on slow and can easily last half a day if not a whole day.

Anywhere from 25-100 mg. 50 mg if your non tolerant should be a good dose 100 mg if you are tolerant and only more if you know your body. Why not smoke it?

Edit : seeing you have moderate tolerance with tranadol start with 50 mg for a strong nod. Don't do more than 75 mg first time and only add 25 mg if after 90 min your not good after your last dose. Careful and don't rush into it as it comes on slow and can easily last half a day if not a whole day.

Thanks, this was pretty helpful. Will probably wait until next weekend and give it a try :) Also, swimmingencouraged - I'm in the U.K, a friend of mine procured it. I'll try eating it first before I stick anything where the sun doesn't shine. Cheers guys.

First off tramadol isn't an opiate... it isn't anywhere close. You might want to understand the consequences of opiate addiction if you plan to use continuously. But good luck and yes, swimmingencouraged, we do swim as to not self-incriminate one's self.

First off tramadol isn't an opiate... it isn't anywhere close. You might want to understand the consequences of opiate addiction if you plan to use continuously. But good luck and yes, swimmingencouraged, we do swim as to not self-incriminate one's self.

so much stupid in one post.

"swim" does absolutely nothing to protect you, you do realize it could also be read as "someone who is me?" and tramadol is an opioid.

You said you didn't want to smoke it but that would be the safest way to gauge your dose. I'm not saying smoke it all but at least use smoking as a strength gauge so you can know the potency better. I'd suggest putting a 20-30mg piece on foil and smoke that to see how strong it is, increase by 20-40mg as needed. If that gets you buzzed then try that same dose orally and go up from there. Be sure to wait at least 6 hours after you take too low of a dose to try again, this will ensure most of the previous dose is out of your system as to not OD or blunt the next dose.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/184187-plugging-opium

As long as you do a water extraction to remove particulate it'd be fine.

This^.

Also, Opium varies potency greatly, there's no way knowing for sure how good it is, ESPECIALLY if you didn't make it yourself, it could be heroin and brown sugar, or most likely home-cooked poppy seed opium..

I doubt very much you'd OD, if it's in-fact average quality opium, but i'd try smoking a tiny bit, to gauge potentcy, and I'd probably make some tea with like 250mg or so, hell if I know TBH, the Mophine and Codeine content is so variable, it's like pot in that respect.

I know this is an old post but it must be said, since I found this when searching for this question and came up with dangerous misinformation on bluelight and no clear answer, opium has 10% morphine by weight on average (up to 24% in extremely potent batches, very unlikely you have one of these) so .100g of opium would have 10-24mgs morphine, a good oral dose for starters is .300 to .500 grams of opium of average quality, opium takes a long time to kick in up to a couple of hours, and the effects lasts VERY LONG when taken orally, between 12 and 24 hours long, its easy to overdose if you redose, .2 to .5 grams of opium for an opiate naive user depending on bodyweight is an average dose assuming average purity opium, its safer to smoke .1g first to gauge purity and strength.

I know this is an old post but it must be said, since I found this when searching for this question and came up with dangerous misinformation on bluelight and no clear answer, opium has 10% morphine by weight on average (up to 24% in extremely potent batches, very unlikely you have one of these) so .100g of opium would have 10-24mgs morphine, a good oral dose for starters is .300 to .500 grams of opium of average quality, opium takes a long time to kick in up to a couple of hours, and the effects lasts VERY LONG when taken orally, between 12 and 24 hours long, its easy to overdose if you redose, .2 to .5 grams of opium for an opiate naive user depending on bodyweight is an average dose assuming average purity opium, its safer to smoke .1g first to gauge purity and strength.

Sorry, are you saying 0.500g (i.e. half a gram) or 500g (half a kilogram)?

It's not clear with the decimal point you've put in.. Given your figure of around 10% morphine by weight, I assume you mean 0.5g or 500mg? It's just confusing the way you've wrote it

my friend gave me 2gram of raw opium black sticky stuff you wont be able to run this off foili smoked it in a weed pipe and put a bit in a spliff and did feel it but found out this is a waste.
how much you meant to eat cos i ate a gram with 60mg extended morphine and 40mg instant and got about .7 left.
I can get a bit more is eating a load just the best way, i binged on oxy this weekend rly regre t it thats why my morphine doses are a bit high as Ive also stopped taking methadone had 1mg in last 3 days been awful. I ingested about a gram of opium with 20mg instant morphine and do feel a nice buzz.

I live in Istanbul and the opium that I get is smokable on foil. It runs fine, not like heroin, but leaves a darker more grainier mark behind it. It's pretty decent and I prefer eating it to smoking because of the different (longer duration and much stronger and fuzzier) high that I get.
It's hard to say how much to ingest because you are already dependent on other opiates. You need to try and see how it works for you but when I swallow it, much like poppy pods, I get the the full effects after 1,5 to 2 hours. For a person who isn't dependent on opium, around 100 mgs should be enough. For somebody in your situation, it's hard to know. Good luck, stay safe.

Last edited:
man please stop taking so many different opiates, choose one and roll with it, it's the best way mate, if you can't stay away from oxy it would be better if you used oxy instead of taking methadone,morphine and opium to substitute the oxy. you are combining so many of them, maybe you'll suffocate one day from the respiratory depression. you have to take care, try to figure out which one helps you the most and what dose pleases you and stick to the schelude.

if your use is not gonna stop due to being a chronic pain patient at least try putting some discipline in it. chaotic use always ends badly plus you always run out of your script early. plus all the different opioids with different actions and halflifes, cross-tolerance causing dose speculation etc.

we can work out a plan if you want, and you can then propose it to your GP but first you have to learn to control this urge.

Especially the different half lives is very problematic. Everything can go wrong once you get confused or forget about the one that has a longer half life and you redose earlier than usual.

Last edited:
I am almost positive I never smoked raw Opium but I really have no idea what the stuff I used to smoke back in college was cause it did used to get me and my friends high and it tasted great, but the high was extremely mild, too mild for me to think that it could have been real Opium, but I just don't know, and I never ate it.

We'd smoke it either by itself or on top of weed, sometimes with hash too, and it would be little black sticky balls that smelled really good that were usually sold inside the cellophane they pack cigarettes in.

I mean, how can you know if what you are smoking is real opium, and are there levels to how "real" or "pure" it is like any other drug?

I mean, I've got to assume that SOME of what was in it was real opium, but if it was mixed with anything else what could it have been mixed with, or if not, is there such thing as real Opium that is just weak and inferior in quality to better or "raw" opium?

What's the distinction between "raw" and "real but not so great"?

Sometimes we'd get stuff that was worse than what we'd usually get which was called "Red Rock" and which we'd call "soapium" lol, and we even knew that was fake but it gave a mild buzz, but that other stuff gave more of a high and tasted and smelled different but it was still weak.

It's like, I had never even done Oxy, Vicodin or even Kratom at that point (I've never done harder Opioids like Heroin or Morphine and never will...well actually, I'd "accept" Morphine if I was in a hospital for sure haha), so I had ZERO reference point for any kind of Opioid/Opiate back then and nothing to compare it to other than weed, hash and psychedelics like LSD, Shrooms and Salvia, but now that I have used strong Kratom extract, good Kratom, Codeine and reasonably strong doses of Oxy, Vicodin and Hydrocodone syrup I look back on that Opium we smoked and realize that it was really no stronger than a decent dose of Codeine, albeit with a different feel.

Is it possible for Opium to be as weak as Codeine but still be real??

Cause I always thought that any real opium would knock you on your ass, but this stuff generally got me less high than weed, even though it was nice.

I would certainly consider a good dose of any reasonable plain leaf Kratom to be MUCH stronger than what we smoked, but we all thought of it as being real stuff.