• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Easiest DXM Extraction - Hot Water Extraction (HWE)

slicemonkey

Greenlighter
Sucrets Hot Water Extraction (HWE)

This is the simplest and easiest way I have used to extract DXM. You end up with a surprisingly pure product and
don't need anything suspicious, and usually nothing more than what you can find at home.
No chemicals, no filters, no goop, no mess at all!

You'll Need:
Sucrets
2 glasses
boiling water
turkey baster

1-Sucrets.gif
2-Ingredients.gif

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Prep:
- Crush Sucrets in coffee grinder or magic bullet. This isn't necessary but speeds up the first step significantly.
- Boil some water, approx 1oz per box works fine.

3.gif
4.gif

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Step 1)
Pour boiling/hot water over Sucrets. Stir this thoroughly until no visible chunks and the solid red goop is dissolved.
Mix until the darker red goop (bottom layer in picture) is dissolved completely.

5.gif

*NOTE*
We are using boiling water so the 'goopy' stuff in the Sucrets gets dissolved faster.
Yes some DXM will be dissolved, but we will bring much of it back out of solution later and be left with more DXM, and get it faster, than a CWE.

Step 2)
Allow this mix to stand and separate. Give it at least 10 minutes,
but the longer you leave it, the more DXM will sink out of the water mix.

Sitting 5 minuets:
6-Firstpurification.gif

Sitting 15 minutes (already removed some of the top layer):
7-Firstsittingafter15mins.gif

Step 3)
Take the turkey baster and begin to suck up ONLY the top clear layer of the solution.
This is mainly water and the dissolved syrupy components with trace amounts of DXM.
Put this liquid into the second cup to settle further. You will be left with this now:

8-Separatedafterfirst.gif

Step 4)
It is recommended to repeat steps 1 to 3 at least twice.
As you can see below, the more you repeat the first 3 steps the clearer your top layer of crap becomes.

This is the 4th purification after 10 minutes of sitting:
9-4thsittingafter10mins.gif

Note the top layer is clear as water and the bottom layer is getting very white.
This is 3 boxes worth of Sucrets. It is very pure and approx 800mg DXM.
10-Finalproduct.gif

Step 5)
If you have been collecting the sucked up water in a separate glass, put it in the fridge or freezer, but don't let it freeze, no one likes
broken glass. We want cold temperatures because some of the DXM dissolved in the water will come out of solution once the water cools.
When this happens, you will notice a layer of white powder on the bottom, this is more DXM. Suck the water out carefully with the baster
and discard it. Be careful no to disturb this mix as it takes a long time to separate again since the powder is so fine.
This can then be added back to the main solution again, let settle, and remove as much water as needed.

Powder on the bottom of the 2nd cup:
11-Bottonofcup2.gif

Step 6)
You're done! You can either add this to a drink, or you can set it out to evaporate and get powder.
Obviously the more you repeated the first 3 steps, the purer the final product.

Be Safe
-Slice
[email protected]

nice method! i had no idea dxm was practically insoluble in water.

some will get dissolved but not much. This is why the 2nd cup with 'juices' in it is saved and cooled, it gets a lot of the dissolved stuff out :D

I forgot to mention, this whole extraction can take as little as 30 minutes.
The purification used in the pictures took 2 hours for 4 passes then I let the siphoned off water sit for a few more hours in the fridge.

So its really quick, no matter how pure you want it.

so... would this work with cough syrup??
Cuz why would you go through the trouble of doing that, if you can just pop them in your mouth? I thought everyone just hated the syrup... I love popping the pills because you don't taste anything!

nice post either way =)

Would this work with the cough (gels) they each contain active ingredient 30mg DXM each, but are in a gel cap with red liquid.

interesting, i too wasnt aware of dxm HBr being somewhat soluble in water, (1.) but how soluble?? (2.) i am also interested if this would work with a cough syrup, say tussin? and final question is (3.) if anyone knows the solubility of guafinisen? as in could you do the same process with mucinex dm?

so... would this work with cough syrup??

Syrups contain a LOT more ingredients and I;m sure some are there to keep the dxm in suspension.
I doubt this would work with anything but the lozenges and you'll need the far more complicated chemical methods.

You go through the trouble of extraction rather than swallowing them because 1) you want all the crap out and
2) they hurt to swallow...especially around 60 of them!!! Ever swallowed a mint from a restaurant accidentally....same idea.

@ Grumpy.
If you have gel caps already....why not just swallow them? If you're going to try to extract from them just get syrup and save the time of the capsule dissolving.

@ madswagga
You'd probably need the chemical extraction to get rid of the guaf. Also I am not sure of the solubility, some say its negligible,
some say that you can dissolve a gram of dxm in 100ml of water. I have a large amount extracted that is close to all of it IMO
so my vote goes to negligible. So obviously does get dissolved however and this is why we collect the liquid in the second cup.
With any extraction method however there will be SOME loss.

I wanted to make a quick note, it states in the inactive ingredients that it contains 'titanium dioxide'. In the wiki article it mentions that it potentially causes cancer after inhalation of powder in humans, as was shown with rats. This is a harm reduction site so I figured I'd throw this out here before anyone decides snort it, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium_dioxide#Health_and_safety

Edit: Another version didn't list titanium dioxide, I suppose it varies.

Last edited:
I wanted to make a quick note, it states in the inactive ingredients that it contains 'titanium dioxide'. In the wiki article it mentions that it potentially causes cancer after inhalation of powder in humans, as was shown with rats. This is a harm reduction site so I figured I'd throw this out here before anyone decides snort it, etc.

Thanks for that, much of the time the inactive ingredients are just ignored. I had no idea so thank you.

LSDMDMA&8453917 said:
find out if this works for robitussin cough gels plx.

Cough gels are just concentrated syrup in a capsule. Just swallow them or use a regular syrup and the chemical extraction.
:|

does anyone know if this extraction process removes titanium dioxide from the final product?

A: You're ingesting not inhaling. (most reports of DXM insufflation seem to be unpleasant)
B: Titanium dioxide is not at all soluble, so will pass straight through the body.

Last edited:
How much water to use? Does it matter?

Also from the research I've done DXM is soluble 1.5g/100ml in 25c water... but much less in cold water.

So what I don't understand is how you do this extraction at room temp.

Shouldn't it be cooled before removing the water???

Last edited:
I took two bags and dissolved them in hot water and drank them in prison. That was one of the craziest days I have ever had in my life. Could you imagine taking that much DXM in prison and being able to roam about the yard totally gone!! I remember the second time I took that much in there my chest turned all red and I had a hard time breathing. That was scary!