• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Giving Up Smoking Thread Mk. II

Good work so far max & best of luck with it.

I've failed spectacularly trying to cut back cigarettes whilst on patches. All it seemed to do was make me more addicted. 8)

I've been using my mouth spray a bit, which I think is the way forwards. Unless like you, I get rid of the tobacco altogether, it's not going to work. I just need a little more willpower to put my trust fully in NRT I think.

I've been verrucas close to sparking up a cg a few times this last week.

Mainly at work with my junior mechanic, who appears to subsist on cigarettes with occasional sips of water, when a job is proving difficult and we sit down to have a think about what comes next I just wanted to smell the cigarette, put it in my mouth and have a long, nice and deep inhale and slowly exhale.

Which is strange because I didn't have those urges for the past 11 months.

I've failed spectacularly trying to cut back cigarettes whilst on patches. All it seemed to do was make me more addicted. 8)

I've been using my mouth spray a bit, which I think is the way forwards. Unless like you, I get rid of the tobacco altogether, it's not going to work. I just need a little more willpower to put my trust fully in NRT I think.

Vaporizing seems to work much better than other forms of NRT as it provides that instant hit that you get from smoking, it's a good replacement. Not even slightly tempted to smoke any tobacco since I got my e-cig.

I use a nicotine free vape at work when my friends go out for a cig. Currently enjoying the peanut butter and coffee flavours.

Is it the same thing? do you get enough nicotine "kick" like other means of tobacco for instance..

nicotine free is nice if the flavour is strong enough.

Blueberry cinnamon is what i Have atm. 12mg/ml nicotine

Nicotine is quite tough to quit. Some say it´s an addiction comparable to heroin, without the w/d.
How many times you smoke every day, for how long. And then, no more?!?!
I was very unhappy to have stopped it and it took literally 5 years for me to accept it ..
There was no other option like we do today.

Chatative said:

Thanks Chatative. Am currently using 18mg nicotine, have got some 12mg Blueberry but it just doesn't quite hit the spot for me at the moment but i do intend to decrease from the 18mg to 12mg soon and see how it goes.

I've not had a cigarette in almost 12 hours now... %)

Successfully weaned myself onto patches & mouth spray.... let's hope tomorrow is completely cigarette free! Managed it last year, so I feel I've made the crucial step now. :)

What's with the toxicity warning on the e-juices? I vape nicotine free liquid and the ingredients are listed as PG, VG, water and food grade flavouring. There a big warning saying "toxic on contact with skin, very toxic if swallowed".

What's poisonous out of that lot?

probably just using the same labelling as nicotine containing stuff, you still wouldn't want a small child or something to think it was a drink.

Ah yes, nicotine can be absorbed through the skin, can't it? That makes a lot more sense now.

yeah, although i have spilled the liquid on my hands while filling up the ecig before with no ill effect. Better safe than sorry though.

my tank is stuck tight, so i can't get in to put a new wick in gonna have to put it in the vice and go at it with a hammer :\

Eugh, I broke after 3 cigarette free days & had 1 this morning... to be honest, I didn't enjoy it that much. I'm going to choose to see it as re-affirming my decision to give up rather than slipping up.

I could easily see how smoking more would be a problem but I'll put my patch on shortly & use my spray thereafter. Think it was just one of those mornings plus I had the strangest of dreams involving cigarettes which gave me a craving not for nicotine, but for actual cigarettes. Weird that. I was getting on fine otherwise. Moral of the story, cigarettes in dreams are 10x better than in real life... ;)

5 cigs in 48 hours, usually would be around 40/50.
A decent vape is a Godsend, especially with EPD mixed into a 24mg/ml Nicotine solution. :D

Eugh, I broke after 3 cigarette free days & had 1 this morning... to be honest, I didn't enjoy it that much. I'm going to choose to see it as re-affirming my decision to give up rather than slipping up.

I could easily see how smoking more would be a problem but I'll put my patch on shortly & use my spray thereafter. Think it was just one of those mornings plus I had the strangest of dreams involving cigarettes which gave me a craving not for nicotine, but for actual cigarettes. Weird that. I was getting on fine otherwise. Moral of the story, cigarettes in dreams are 10x better than in real life... ;)

Rather than looking upon it as a slip up, you should look upon it as a success. One cigarette in three days is bloody good Chat, so you should celebrate the fact and not beat yourself up over it.

I've not had a cigarette in almost 12 hours now... %)

Successfully weaned myself onto patches & mouth spray.... let's hope tomorrow is completely cigarette free! Managed it last year, so I feel I've made the crucial step now. :)

There is no better time to do it than now!
Good luck!:)