• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v5 - TBC

I thought to myself when I watched it on 5 On Demand, but it's one of the most innovative American Horror (with comical elements) films I've seen in a LONG time...

CitwTeaserSmall.jpg

Wicked film that

I think I will have to go and see The Imitation Game. I mean. It's got Benedict Cumberbatch in it and it's about the Father of Computer Science. You'd have had me with either of them. Actually, you'd have had me with "114 minutes".
NSFW:
i.e., short enough for me to watch the movie and get back to my own bathroom
/\ T.M.I. warning

Also, I really want to see how Alan Turing is played. I hope it isn't going to turn out to be as exploitative as I fear it might be.

Now, I just have to visit another fifty web sites from my original search results; at some point during the course of doing which, two of them are mathematically certain to show the same opening date .....

I think I will have to go and see The Imitation Game. I mean. It's got Benedict Cumberbatch in it and it's about the Father of Computer Science. You'd have had me with either of them. Actually, you'd have had me with "114 minutes".
NSFW:
/\ T.M.I. warning

Also, I really want to see how Alan Turing is played. I hope it isn't going to turn out to be as exploitative as I fear it might be.

Now, I just have to visit another fifty web sites from my original search results; at some point during the course of doing which, two of them are mathematically certain to show the same opening date .....

this

been looking forward long time. saw the final full trailer before interstellar. wouldnt be suprised if old benedict catches the eye of the academy with this one, its that time of year...

Dunno if this has been posted here yet, but this site is pretty damn cool for finding new films.

http://movieo.me

It acts as a slick front end for IMdb. Change filters for movie type, year, country etc., hover over them to view more details, add titles to a watchlist. Very nice.

watched interstellar.
loved it. seriously good movie, though probably less crowdpleasing as previous of his films. if anything id probably say this is closer to inception and the prestige than the batman films. the robot help is pretty funny too...

felt a bit 2001ish... with a bit more human touch though.

comic book movies are just one of those things one either loves or hates. some really detes their inyourface suspension of all belief and fake realism at the same time.

hahhaha :D

Yeah, Audition rings a bell,i think ive seen it and enjoyed it. Thats the one where the guy inteviews several good looking women for nefarious purposes yeah?

If we're talking about the Takashi Miike film, Audition is brilliant and brutal. The guy interviewing women to find a wife ends up choosing a psychopath, who tortures him in various vicious ways. Hitting needles placed behind the eyeballs will always rank high on my list of what I cathartically imagine doing to my enemies. :p

NSFW:
/\ T.M.I. warning

I'm conflicted. I really admire and respect Turing, but I hate Cumberbatch. I'll probably go watch it despite Cunterbatch.

The Drop is meant to be pretty good. Stars James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano). It was the last film he made before he died of a heart attack aged 51. :(

Yeah was so wicked, everything about it was brilliant. Not a huge fan of superhero films although i'll happily watch them, loved guardians, probs my fave

hahhaha :D

Yeah, Audition rings a bell,i think ive seen it and enjoyed it. Thats the one where the guy inteviews several good looking women for nefarious purposes yeah?

Yup. Same Takeshi Miike I've been postwhoring about of late. Got another couple of his lesser-known films acquired need watching so will report back when watched.

In actually watched (almost) news, tried that new Tom Cruise sci-fi Groundhog Day remake recently. Couldn't even finish it. Properly shite. I all but never can't finish a film so will at least try to watch the end at some point but if yer wanting owt but whizzy CGI and plot so bad it makes yer brain bleed then I'd skip it.

Also, to change pace, watched John Carter. Considering it's absolute cheese, and more or less a kids film, it wasn't too bad - i sort of got engaged in the silly plot. Similarites to avatar with the cgi, and don't expect hard sci fi, but as a disney kids sci fi adventure it was ok (enough disclaimers?)

Any relation to my above recommendation recently? Just wonder cos is so far out of both our obvious comfort zones it struck me we should both give it a reasonable review so long after it sunk without trace. Honestly not a bad film is all I can say. For what it is and it is what it is so no complaints.

Will get on your other recommendations soonest cos so far you've had amongst the best taste shown in this 'ere thread.

Shambles cant believe youd choose John Carter over the edge of tomorrow. The plot wasnt that original but it made the action move forward easily. Carter was too disney and heavy on exposition...

anyone seen the new Sin City?

Good movie imo, i would actually watch it again. which iz very rare for me

Edge of tomorrow is pretty decent, much better than i thought it was gonna be.

Nah not seen the new Sin City yet, heard a lot of mixed reviews on it but gonna check it out soon, liked the first one

watched interstellar.
loved it. seriously good movie, though probably less crowdpleasing as previous of his films. if anything id probably say this is closer to inception and the prestige than the batman films. the robot help is pretty funny too...

I wanna see that soon, sounds proper good. and nightcrawler. & john wick

Last edited:
Shambles cant believe youd choose John Carter over the edge of tomorrow. The plot wasnt that original but it made the action move forward easily. Carter was too disney and heavy on exposition...

John Carter had a plot. The Tom Cruise one didn't even cut it as a braindead action movie due to immense dullness. Was just dire. Utterly dire beyond belief. And I was only wanting a braindead sci-fi/action movie and if it can't even manage that... At your own peril is all I can say ;)

I giuess im a bit bitter that carter had the chamce to be something different and turned out crap imo. But to each their own i think...
Planning to see sin city either tonight or tomorrow. Liked the first one but my expectations are neutral

well they could of done a better job on it, more things, more story, more twists. But, everything else, it is a great film. esp for 2014, haven't seen anything as good as Sin City 2 yet