• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v5 - TBC

Finally, watched the new planet of the apes ('Dawn of...' dunno if it's been mentioned before) - i actually found it good; better than the previous one i thought (when i worked out you needed subtitles to understand the apes)

the one from about 4 years ago with mark wahlberg iirc? or has ther been a newer sequel made since that?

I loved both the originals, and the remake, though by the 3rd original it had started to become a bit shit.:\

Watched Reservoir Dogs for the first time in ages last night.. nearly forgot how good it is

lol, I fail to see a japanese connection to The Apprentice, but as i gather you are some kind of "globe trotter" you may not be watching the british version:?

The apprentice :D (I meant Audition!) Stongly worded email sent to Smirnoff !

the one from about 4 years ago with mark wahlberg iirc? or has ther been a newer sequel made since that?

I loved both the originals, and the remake, though by the 3rd original it had started to become a bit shit.:\

Not the wahlberg one from about 10 years ago - a new one from this year following on from 'Rise of the planet of the apes' 2011 (which was also quite good - both the newer ones were better than the wahlberg one imo -those masks put me off - everyone looked like that woman who had a face transplant) -

The new one's about after the humans have been largely killed off with simian flu; with conflict between an ape community with caesar as the leader and a community of humans living in san francisco (with gary oldman as the leader) - the cgi's a bit better than the 2011 one, but i thought the story was a bit more engaging too (i might have just been having a good day though...) (watch the 2011 one first if you haven't is probably best)

Last edited:
The apprentice :D (I meant Audition!) Stongly worded email sent to Smirnoff !

hahhaha :D

Yeah, Audition rings a bell,i think ive seen it and enjoyed it. Thats the one where the guy inteviews several good looking women for nefarious purposes yeah?

Last edited:
Not the wahlberg one from about 10 years ago - a new one from this year following on from 'Rise of the planet of the apes' 2011 (which was also quite good - both the newer ones were better than the wahlberg one imo) - It's about after the humans have been largely killed off with simian flu; with conflict between an ape community with caesar as the leader and a community of humans living in san francisco (with gary oldman as the leader) - the cgi's a bit better than the 2011 one, but i thought the story was a bit more engaging too (i might have just been having a good day though...) (watch the 2011 one first if you haven't is probably best)

OK cheers, both films are getting added to The List. I have a document on my pc someehwre with dozens of recommedations, along with dozens of scraps of paper scattered around my house. Nightcrawler is getting added to the top as its very current, in cinmemas now i think, and sometime i'll get round to adding all the recommedatons from these threads along with all the scattered notes.

Ive mentioned it sevarl times but never get a response yet, so 3rd or 4th time lucky i recommed Aftershock. One of the greatest films ive ever seen, its about the effect of The epic story of a family separated as a result of the Great Tangshan Earthquake of 1976.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1393746/

Extremeley well made Chinese film, concerning the effects of a devastating erathquake on several genrations of one family. Im not embarrased to say that i was weeping buckets at several points. One of my favourite films of all time.

I seen Gone Girl in the cinema two weekends ago couldnt fault it great suspenseful storyline gripping reminded me of basic instinct 2 in some aspects not as overly sexual but gone girl is far superior.
Reccomended

Just got back from seeing Nightcrawler

A dark thriller that makes you question just how far you are willing to go in pursuit of your dreams. Jake Gyllenhaal plays a freelance crime journalist pushing the boundaries further and further to get ever more questionable footage, crossing moral boundaries as he goes. Really great film.

recently saw Snowpiercer
MV5BMTQ3NzA1MTY3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzE2Mzg5MTE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

interesting movie, and i can't really see why many couldnt see it for the allegory it is... ive heard people complaining about the plot holes and pointing out this and that when it is a far better film if not taken at face value and seen as an arty representation of the class system. some really good preformances, and i must admit im a sucker for these types of worlds (i think this could also fall in the cyberpunk category).
the short educational video shown in a scene reminded me a lot of Fallout 2 (the pc game) loved it.

Anyone seen interstellar? Really looking forward to it....

Yeah, it was really good and seems to get better the more i think about it. Cant say too much as i dontwant to even hint at any spoilers but it was very....erm....chris nolan. nothing particularly new that he hasnt already done in other films, but thats not a critcism. If you liked Inception, The Prestige and The Dark Knight trilogy then you should like this as it plays like a Technotonic Megamix of all his other stuff.

It contained enough to chew on which has at least stopped me watching the days of future past (3d %) ) blu ray over and over again. fucking love that flick - the pentagon break out with quicksilver - fucking perfect =D

Yeah, it was really good and seems to get better the more i think about it. Cant say too much as i dontwant to even hint at any spoilers but it was very....erm....chris nolan. nothing particularly new that he hasnt already done in other films, but thats not a critcism. If you liked Inception, The Prestige and The Dark Knight trilogy then you should like this as it plays like a Technotonic Megamix of all his other stuff.

oh, and the sound mix was REALLY loud - i only saw an anamorphic version in a standard muliplex - the IMAX versions probably an ear bleeder. ive got no problems with the noise but theres been some complaints that the effects and score make some of the dialogue difficult to hear properly

I watched The Place Beyond the Pines last night.

I thought overall it was a great film but I felt the middle part was almost just filler & largely irrelevant to the overall plot. If they'd done the first hour and a bit with the last 45 minutes, then it would have flowed much better & been an epic film. The synopsis is also somewhat misleading as that is only the start of the film. Worth a watch though.

Anyone seen interstellar? Really looking forward to it....

I've not seen it yet but I'm planning to go very soon. Looks like a great film even if review are good but not amazing.

I thought to myself when I watched it on 5 On Demand, but it's one of the most innovative American Horror (with comical elements) films I've seen in a LONG time...

CitwTeaserSmall.jpg

I watched Radio Free Albemuth the other day; i hadn't noticed this film had been made, but it's based on one of Phillip K Dick's later books (one of the Valis ones). Maybe won't satisfy people looking for an action film like some of the other films based on his earlier books (minority report, bladerunner, total recall etc etc), as it's a bit more 'thinky', political, maybe even 'goddy' (as was his wont - he liked the old gnostic christian stuff). Good for a fan of the books (though i preferred the book Valis out of the later ones); maybe not as interesting for others (eg the person i watched it with, though they did get into it).

Then watched I'll Follow You Down - This was a quite nice time travel/paradox film, with 'family drama' elements. The main problem with the film is that it starred the little boy from the sixth sense, all grown up, but he's got the same sad face - i couldn't stop seeing his chuchy little face, and making jokes about seeing dead people whenever the dialogue allowed (irritating for my co-viewers); still that's not the film's fault - i liked it nonetheless.

Watched SLC Punk (after it was mentioned on BL somewhere). About a group of punks in salt lake city in the early 80s - it was alright, sort of a punk/trainspotting affair, but i waited in vain to like most of the charcters. And it was all a bit fighty, aggresive and non-politically aware. Now, i wasn't ever a punk, so maybe people who were/are would like it (none of the punks i know would, though they tend to be anarcho-punk/crass/conflict types into 'proper' anarchism, as opposed to the fighty, sex pistols version espoused in the film) - it came across a bit shallow to me, but there were amusing parts and some interesting storytelling methods.

Also, to change pace, watched John Carter. Considering it's absolute cheese, and more or less a kids film, it wasn't too bad - i sort of got engaged in the silly plot. Similarites to avatar with the cgi, and don't expect hard sci fi, but as a disney kids sci fi adventure it was ok (enough disclaimers?)

Last edited:
what you think nothing on after the simpsons so thinking cowboys and aliens ? that or the lego movie if it ever buffers grrrr

Last edited:
well it would be if i could get it work going to have to find another link to it

not to bad a film but getting bored now

Last edited: