View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM..whats the big deal?

UrbanGuerilla64

Greenlighter
So its my first time messing with dxm. i swallowed 8 triple c's at 9:30 and it is now 11:30. Im not trippin at all i got a feeling like a drank a few beers but thats about it. At 30 MG a pill i ate 240 mg and i feel like im barely hitting the 1st plateau.
I know about the dangers of ccc's but that is literally the only thing in my county that is avalible. I looked in multiply stores but i cant find anything with pure dxm. So it was either ccc's or other brands with almost 500 MG of acetaminophen . By the way witch is safer the CPM in ccc's or the acetaminophen in everything else.
Dont get me wrong for 3 bucks there not too many other enjoyable buzzes out there but i figure with 240 mg i would have at least hit the 2nd plateau .
Im about 5-9 and 120 lbs i ate a pretty big dinner at like around 7:00 so maybe thats effecting the ccc's.

I wouldn't feel much with less than 300mgs on a full stomach. You really need to find a dxm only product. I've been warned for sourcing but in the name of HR any big chain store should have what you need or even most common dollar stores have a dxm only product. Look for long lasting cough

Last edited:
you have to pass a threshold to get the effects of dxm, i think it has to do with converting alot to Dxo (more active) and the dxo can't be metabolised immidatley because you have alot of dxm still present, so te dxo can do its thing. and its aroud 350 to 400.....you need to find a dxm only product or else you can poison yourself

so i fell asleep at midnight woke up at 4 AM and I AM HIGH AS FUCK. Im not trippin but im defenitaly very high. Do i gotta put SWIM or SWIY. You all know ths info is for me and i aint gonna try and hide it.
Im gong to continue looking for DXM only brands but this was a nice way to kinda test the water before diving in.

The first time I did DXM I took 8 triple cs and fell asleep. I woke up the next morning soooo fucked up. The afterglow hung around for about 4 days. I thought I had done some permanent damage because that fucked up feeling just wasn't going away. Kinda scared me off of DXM for about 2 years.

I have no tolerance ..

I use use to take this a lot and not triple Cs but robo gel caps and 8-10 was my starting dosage wow I'd even puke (only thing I'd puke off besides hangovers alcohol wise ) ..but the puke was foam and easy to throw up .

idk it numbs my body I use to walk for miles on it and hear better (the mall would be crazy I could hear everyone just not understand bc too loud but get over it fast) .

its ok but unless you're taking a lot u won't experience certain things (my tolerance grew and I eventually was taking 30 gel caps I forgot how much was in it dmx was like 30mgs per cap back then now I think 15) . More you take the higher you get .

So my first time with dxm was fun. I didnt trip but i got high. I will up the dosage to a solid 350 mg but i must first find products containing only dxm. I may have to leave my county though. I swear i looked at every cough suppressent and they all have acetaminophen or other anti-hystimins. Maybe there are certain laws or restrictions in my county that make it very hard to find a dxm product without all the extra bull shit.

So my first time with dxm was fun. I didnt trip but i got high. I will up the dosage to a solid 350 mg but i must first find products containing only dxm. I may have to leave my county though. I swear i looked at every cough suppressent and they all have acetaminophen or other anti-hystimins. Maybe there are certain laws or restrictions in my county that make it very hard to find a dxm product without all the extra bull shit.

Do a 1000mg pussy

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only that, but there are other ingredients that the OP finds is a barrier to a higher dose, something Freon obviosly overlooked; somehow.

Not only that, but there are other ingredients that the OP finds is a barrier to a higher dose, something Freon obviosly overlooked; somehow.

If i can find the Delsym or Vicks 44 ill up the dose a by 100 each time till i find my sweet spot. Im thinking maybe around 500-600 mg. I think i wanna be around high 2nd platue to low 3rd plateu.

That'll do it, it takes about an hour I believe as far as I remember for each dose to hit, it's been awhile since I took this medicine as my wellbutrin prescription is a bad combo for DXM.
I was really enjoying low doses with beer towards the end of my DXM days.

Freon: You do realize that 1 g of DXM is a huge, potentially ego shattering dose of a powerful dissociative right? Trying to goad an inexperienced user inquiring into dosages to take such a large amount is an incredibly irresponsible thing to do. Are you aware that an inexperienced user taking such an amount could potentially hurt themselves? And if that were to happen you would bear some degree of responsibility for it. Try and remember that our actions here have real world consequences. Starting out with low doses is something that we should encourage, not make fun of.

Not trying to make you feel bad, just doing my best to make sure we all stay safe. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

OP: I would most definitely advise holding out until you can find a DXM only source in the future. When dealing with your health and wellbeing, it is most definitely worth the wait. Also, what do you seek to gain from taking this powerful dissociative?

^^lol kida true... nah, but seriously, i can se te appeal if you don't have accees to better dissoossiativs like ket or even MXE, especially when adventuring to the higher plateau's of DXM (i don't personally enjoy) but rspect tose wo do... it is sort of the gateway dissoss... :\

Also OP, don't eat 3-4 hours prior to ingesting for optimal effects and minimal nausea ;)

Last edited:
I know people have already recommended finding a DXM only product, but I think it bears repeating: please, please don't do triple c's. It is absolutely horrible for you.

when i started using dxm i was drinking 12oz Robitussin Cough & Cold DM thats 720mg of DXM it was awesome.