View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM tonight for the third time, need some advice

mexxel

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, so I have three bottles of DXM cough gels, totaling 900mg. I am a male, weighing 165 lbs, and this should be enough to get me to a mid-high level 3rd plateau trip.

I've done dxm twice in the past, once was 357mg in syrup and didn't notice much at all. The second time I did two bottles of syrup which was about 700mg and also smoked some herb, which ended up giving me the robowalk but I didn't really leave my body at all or anything like expected.

I've read the trip reports of people having out of body experiences and visiting space or virtual worlds. This is where I would like to end up tonight.

I'm wondering if 900mg of DXM alone (I can't smoke weed right now because I'm taking a new job soon) will take me there.

Should this be enough? Also, I've heard that grapefruit juice can enhance it, should I get some?

Thanks for the advice :)

EDIT: When I drank the 2 bottles of syrup I ended up throwing up. That could have caused me to absorb a lot less than the actual amount in them, if I take the gels will I still get nauseas and throw up?

Gels cause more nausea than syrup. If I were you, I'd throw away that robitussine and buy DXM powder.

Gels cause more nausea than syrup. If I were you, I'd throw away that robitussine and buy DXM powder.

Well I just found a thread that says it's very easy to do an extraction of the dxm from the gels. Simply put all the gels in a cup and fill with HOT water and stir for 2 minutes. This softens the gels enough so they can be easily popped. Strain the hot water and start mashing the gels with a fork until all the juice comes out. Strain again and you are left with only the juice inside of the gels. And you can discard the casing which is what causes the nausea

Well I just found a thread that says it's very easy to do an extraction of the dxm from the gels. Simply put all the gels in a cup and fill with HOT water and stir for 2 minutes. This softens the gels enough so they can be easily popped. Strain the hot water and start mashing the gels with a fork until all the juice comes out. Strain again and you are left with only the juice inside of the gels. And you can discard the casing which is what causes the nausea
You can do that, but keep in mind that gelcap fluids taste HORRIBLE.

Is this really true? I was to believe it was the opposite. It's usually the syrup that gives me problems rather than the gels.

To the OP, good luck and tell us how it goes :D

My next DXM trip is gonna be 900mg as well.

You can do that, but keep in mind that gelcap fluids taste HORRIBLE.

Lol I don't doubt, but I'll just man up and down it and chase it as fast as possible, keeping my nose plugged.

And to potatoman, I'll update this thread tomorrow morning with a link to a trip report :)

Is this really true? I was to believe it was the opposite. It's usually the syrup that gives me problems rather than the gels.

I had mistakenly understood DXM for something else. Like cough syrup..

Last edited:

Gels form a gel in the stomach that is extremely difficult to digest, which often causes nausea. I NEVER have nausea from syrup, plus it tastes great! A bottle of syrup also has 54mg more DXM than a bottle of gels.

In that case you would have to literally drink more than one bottle to get 1000 mg, and maybe that alone may provoke nausea ?

I enjoy the flavor and texture of the cough syrup, so for me, no.

So does one of my friends. To each their own as they say. My other friend pukes no matter what form it's in. I've only ever puked on the menthol formula.

Some people just need puke with opiates. I only really feel sick when I was going through w/d. Every one is different.