• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc DXM/KETAMINE

Not that similar. DXM is more akin to MXE or DMXE probably more, ime. To bad DXM was banned over here so I only have one experience with it.

Ketamine is unique, even DCK doesn't feel quite like it.

DXM feels sorta dirty to me and that's not saying I never enjoyed it I have taken the stuff like hundred times easy. It just has this body load that other dissos don't I'd only used it when in a pinch in the past when I couldn't get any MXE/PCP/Ketamine or their analogs. I have had some mind-blowing trips on high dose DXM but it would make me feel sick to my stomach simultaneously. I'd say it's my least favorite dissociative and I've used 15 of them.

Ketamine is one of my favorite drugs it's just pure bliss, in the hole I feel like I'm uncovering all the secrets of the universe. Just wished it lasted longer and that is where MXE comes into play.

Guys I'm tripping so hard like I'm on DMT or LSD almost with the DXM and all the other stuff I take that I'm on. The conversation I just had with my mom was so unrealistic and trippy asf. I feel so good too almost can't believe what I'm feeling. I also feel like I'm not lying down even though I am with my head, and most of my body ...Idk if I'm explaining things right so I'm stopping there lol

Last edited:
Not sure if your on psych meds but do not mix DXM with an SSRI or SNRI they have a terrible interaction and you can develop Seratonin Syndrome. Glad your having a fun time but be sure to stay safe okay.

Personally I find DXM completely different from any other disso. I really don't understand how anyone could compare it to K or MXE or anything.

I don't know. Not worlds different... DXM certainly has disso qualities to it, but DXM is acutely dysphoric for me, even in high doses. I just don't like the stuff at all.

How similar would you say they are though? Like on a scale from 1-10 ten being most like Ketamine. Also a scale from 1-10 on how similar it is to PCP?

Do they give any of the same effects at all?
No exp with PCP. But as dissociative's go only Ketamine is non stimulating. All the rest seem to be so. o-PCE, MXE and 2f-DCK to name a few.

All are more like DXM then Ket.

Do you think that DXM binding to beta receptors has any beta blocker type effects like propanolol for example would give?

I've never got to try K or MXE or any of that.

Been on hundreds of DXM trips though.

I stopped going on them from about 2018-just a few weeks ago. I finally took a 600mg trip, expecting full bliss, love, answered questions, enlightenment, even the whole "i'm dying" feeling.
But all I got mostly was feeling like my head was stuck in mud. Dysphoric. Which, trips back in the day use to get dysphoric too, but I was really surprised that even after a couple of years of absence, I still did not get the mind blowing trip I use to love when I first use to do it. Idk. I even smoked lots of THC with it (which use to completely send me into another world back in the day) and it was incredibly underwhelming.

I find it interesting that DXM overdoses can be reversed with naloxone. Would this not imply some kind of opioid mechanism with DXM? Doesn't Ketamine also have some role in the opioid system? If it's not agonizing mu receptors, then how would naloxone help reverse it?

I find that DXM can really lower opioid tolerance too.

I've never got to try K or MXE or any of that.

Been on hundreds of DXM trips though.

I stopped going on them from about 2018-just a few weeks ago. I finally took a 600mg trip, expecting full bliss, love, answered questions, enlightenment, even the whole "i'm dying" feeling.
But all I got mostly was feeling like my head was stuck in mud. Dysphoric. Which, trips back in the day use to get dysphoric too, but I was really surprised that even after a couple of years of absence, I still did not get the mind blowing trip I use to love when I first use to do it. Idk. I even smoked lots of THC with it (which use to completely send me into another world back in the day) and it was incredibly underwhelming.

I find it interesting that DXM overdoses can be reversed with naloxone. Would this not imply some kind of opioid mechanism with DXM? Doesn't Ketamine also have some role in the opioid system? If it's not agonizing mu receptors, then how would naloxone help reverse it?

I find that DXM can really lower opioid tolerance too.
Yes DXM and it's metabolites slightly bind to opioid receptors. Ketamine on the other hand is a Mu, and Delta Opioid ANTAGONIST, and Kappa AGONIST.

Neither of them feel like an Opioid at all IMO

They are both powerful NMDA's
I agree. They don't feel like a genuine opiate at all.

Although DXM does provide pain relief. As it makes you feel disconnected from your body. So I guess there's that similarity. But it's still nothing compared to opioid bliss.