• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dissociatives DXM is profoundly potentiated by Black Seed Oil (!)

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
I discovered this by accident last night. I have the flu, and had taken 45mg of DXM throughout the evening for my cough. Normally this is not a psychoactive dose for me, I usually need 80mg+ for threshold effects.

Without really thinking about it, I took ~3ml of black seed oil before bed. An hour later, I became unusually high and felt like I had taken 250mg of DXM. Not quite robo walking, but close. Clearly dissociated & numb, and with the 25mg of THC I had taken before that, I was also having impressive CEV fractal visuals.

At first I was confused and somewhat alarmed at this unexpected effect, and thought maybe I had taken more DXM than I thought, but no.

Sure enough, per google:

"Metabolism of dextromethophan into its CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 mediated metabolites are inhibited by 60% and 80% at 100µg/mL of the basic seed extract, and oral ingestion of 2,500mg of the seed powder twice daily over a week has been confirmed to alter dextromethorphan kinetics (a minor increase in the ratio of CYP3A4 metabolite relative to the parent molecule to 1.6:1, but a significantly 127-fold increase in the CYP2D6 metabolite ratio relative to the parent molecule).[1"

I make this post as a warning, because I believe this combination could be extremely dangerous if higher doses are taken. Black Seed Oil by itself is implicated in serotonin syndrome as well. Double danger.

What's the age limit for DXM? I feel like MDMA is 72 but DXM is well under 50 and ketamine is around 100.

Makes sense apparently it can also increase quercetin absorbption which can be dangerous though cuz it's super low to begin with and if u increase it you have no idea what dose will cause what effect kinda like how it can be dangerous with DXM lol.