• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

DXM Hbr vs DXM Polistrex for tolerance

suidomreh

Greenlighter
I have the Robiutssin extended release 12 hour cough and it says it has DXM polistrex equal to 30mg DXM hbr per 5ml. With it being the extended release in mind, would I need to take more to control tolerance or is the usual ~30-90mg still the right dose? And also would I need to take it earlier than the usual 30-45min before dosing?

Last edited:
please correctly tag prefixes to keep OD cleaner.

With polystirex, upping the dosage is a better idea because the extended release means it will feel like a lesser dose. Also, are you saying you normally take 30-90mg of hbr? Sounds like a really low dose, way too low for threshold effects for most people.

The robo you have contains Sodium metabisulfite, which causes bad allergic reactions for some people, so please allergy test with a smaller dose. And be warned, polystirex trips can be a lot different from hbr, and some consider it less pleasant.
It was under opioids because I was referring to using it for opioid tolerance... not for trips.

Oh shit sorry, didn’t see any mentions of opioids besides the tag and assumed miscategorization. Some of the info is still relevent though.