• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM for pain

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I am sorry that I made a few threads the past days, been not sleeping well and thus a bit manic. Very scattered.

Anyway, who I consider a good friend here (also recommended Black Seed Oil which is amazing) recommended DXM for pain. I need something in between pathetic prescribed 10MG doses of Oxycodone. 4 a day. Yesterday major headache from around 200MG but I don't know if the DXM did it.

Today, I took 90MG in the early AM, 90MG 6 hours later and just now 75MG. I have been up since 7AM and my last Oxy would be gone already. Mentally I feel stimulated, I think unrelated to my manic state. I disappeared from here for weeks, it is what I do. Now I feel very comfortable talking here again.

TLDR;

DXM with Oxy for pain - how would you dose? 90MG seems to be sweet spot but I'm spacing 3x a day. What is the lifespan of the medication like? Should I take more at once early? Any information from experienced users of the medication is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Hey my friend,

I don’t know anything about DXM helping for pain. I have heard it can reduce opiate tolerance some.
So, that may help.

I have very broken up sleep due to the chronic pain. I never sleep past 5-6 and I am usually awake at 3-4 a.m.
I just wake up due to the pain and then get exhausted during the day after doing normal activities and I just drop from exhaustion.
I have been just sleeping when I can.

I have found doxylamine to be way better than DXM to help my pain medication last longer. Has a good synergy with opiates.
Doxylamine really helps me to sleep at night.
Have you tried it before? You can get it over the counter in certain sleep aids. Just look at the ingredients label.

It sounds like you really need a longer lasting pain medication. You are probably going into withdrawal every night.
Maybe your doctor would switch you to an extended release formula so that you are covered all day and all night.

Ibuprofen does help with the pain. It reduces the inflammation. Try 800 mg of Ibuprofen before bed.

I do hope you feel better soon. I know it is hard not to feel hopeless. Just try to take it one day at a time.

With Love, ❤️
P.O.

I have never tried Doxylamine (I don't think so at least unless it was inactive ingredient) but I am going to look into it.

Can DXM be a miracle drug? Like right now my pain sucks and I want to die but I am okay with it and a slight level of mental numbness seems to be actually blocking certain nerve ending and pain receptors. Light is beautiful and life seems alright. I have been chewing the capsules the last 4 and it tastes very similar to Xanax. I am not sure if sublingually is better but 30MG a few minutes ago has helped tremendously.

I started out with 60x15MG and when counting I have now 20 left. I took i believe 12 yesterday
So scattered today i believe i took 28 which is 28x15 so 420MG spread through the day. I see Erowid reports of like 1,200MG and I don't want to build a tolerance like that.

But I'm about to take more. I am very relaxed. Does tolerance go up? It seems harmless and very few OD reports especially with my tolerance for all medications I'm on.

I think this is a miracle drug and wish to really dive into the chemistry of the drug and how to get the most out of it. I am looking forward to watching a movie for the first time in years. I do not wish to sleep yet. I finally feel okay with not feeling okay

60 mg DXM helps with muscle pain and sprained ankle type injuries. For me at least. I'm assuming it's to do with synergy with cannabis, which I am almost always using.

I have today taken I believe to be 40x15 scattered so 600MG it really does help with pain. It is very odd a cough suppressant helps with deep spinal pain. But at least 8x15mg capsules to actually begin the day and I am wondering why I never did this and also fearful might kill me with antidepressant Celexa but I'm not sure. Thank you for all your replies and time

I have today taken I believe to be 40x15 scattered so 600MG it really does help with pain. It is very odd a cough suppressant helps with deep spinal pain. But at least 8x15mg capsules to actually begin the day and I am wondering why I never did this and also fearful might kill me with antidepressant Celexa but I'm not sure. Thank you for all your replies and time
becarefull of serotonin syndrome I believe
I'm sure someone will have more info for you, maby skip celexa if your going to dose dxm...

becarefull of serotonin syndrome I believe
I'm sure someone will have more info for you, maby skip celexa if your going to dose dxm...

thank you my brother! To be honest I stopped counting dose when I realized the dose people take for a hallucinatory experience. I had 90x15MG and within about 3 days I now have 15. It made my last dose of Oxycodone go from 230 PM to 7PM! It is miracle drug. I take my Celexa at nighttime at least 2 hrs after last DXM dose and I know the risk but fear PTSD and the breakdowns so if I am meant to go this way it will be unfortunate. I love you guys and pray that my pain is maintained steadily and I keep this positive outlook on life for once. God Bless