View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dxm dosage, help!

Willydog155

Bluelighter
I have tried dxm on 2 separate occasions, first time not taking enough and second time taking 230mg finding myself confused with a heavy anxiety almost smililar to what I have felt on shrooms. (Felt hour and a half in rite as I take 5 drags of a splif) but no visuales or anything to noticeable. What dose would be enough to experience the visual aspect? Also I would prefer not to vomit so if you can prefer a method of ingesting that goes down smoother please let me know.

If 230mg was already overwhelming for you, DO NOT DOSE ANY HIGHER.

I wouldn't say it was overwhelming just not the feeling I was looking for. (Also have day to day amxiety)

I've never gotten visuals from less than 300 mg, though I know people who have. Personally though only 600 mg was enough for something worthwhile for me, and they were still weak in comparison to psychedelic visuals. Dissociative visuals also tend to be mostly closed eye, so I don't know if you're looking for them like that but you should be.... With eyes open, anything less than extreme out-of-body doses for me tends to mostly just be visual malfunctions, like double or strobing vision.

Veteran users of dissociatives always say that the best visuals come from meditating in a pitch black room. That seems to be my experience as well. I don't even expect to get visuals from dissociatives otherwise, I know some people do but I think for most people in any other setting it's more about how they alter your mind and perception as opposed to how they cause visuals.

What else should I expect to feel if I take around 350mg, and suggestion for the vomiting aspect?

For me that dose would feel similar in both mind and body to being somewhat drunk on alcohol, with some mildly trippy thought patterns and dimly colorful closed eye visuals thrown in. Adding cannabis will particularly enhance those more trippy effects. I would expect it to feel very controllable overall, but it should still cause some noticeable dissociation.

About the nausea, I'm afraid there is no entirely effective way of avoiding it, and everyone seems to react to each method differently. I would just explore: if the syrup makes you nauseous then try the gels instead, or vice versa.

Well the first question would be, what kind of DXM are you taking? If you're using a Robitussin product, then you have the Hydrobromide version, which is enough to make you feel a little off, like you just took a few shots of alcohol. Not much effects, but your dosage was a low second plateau. If you used Delsym, you're not feeling anything because it contains DXM Polisterix, which is extended release.

I'm prescribed anti-nausea medication, Promethazine and Zofran. Taking these half an hour before dosing has always helped the nausea subside for me. Simply laying down and drinking ice water helps too. Moving around a lot is going to make you feel worse. But these aren't guaranteed methods to make the nausea go away completely. When your body wants to vomit, it lets it out.