• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc DXM (Dextromethorphan)

ar.izona

Bluelighter
A mate of mine wants to get two bottles of delsym with the only active ingredient as dxm. He then wants to empty allll that sweet sweet syrup intp and empty jug (milk jug, arizona tea jug, etc..) and fill the rest up with water. He wants to let it set for about 2 hours and then he should be able to dump all the extra shit out of the jug and be left with a dxm sludge. Now from here the sludge should dry into a powder. Now if this mate of mine wanted to snort the powder or roll it into a blunt, would it hit him quicker? (As opposed to drinking the syrup and waiting an hour) Also, would the effects feel more intense? Thank you for your answer.:):):)

So basically, you want to do an extraction? I don't know all the steps personally, but there are TEKs online, I think erowid has one. The effects shouldn't be intensified if your ROA is still oral but you'll lose a lot of the [bad] side effects associated with the syrup. If you're willing to take the extra time, I think it's definitely a great idea because all the sugar and inactive ingredients in cough syrup are pretty bad for you.

I think just putting water on to of it is not enough to extract the DXM, but I could be wrong.
Sure you can snort it, but I've heard DXM is one of the most painful drugs to snort, I wouldn't dare to try it.
It has a really low melting point and erowid states that it's hard to impossible to smoke the freebase, so you will most likely just inhale toxic stuff.
Just stick to oral.

Just get the gelcaps instead of syrup and you got pure Dextromethorphan Powder. Eat an according dose. Trip. Profit?

Also do not forget to do an allergy test with 30-60mg before you take a bigger dose and check if you are a slow metaboliser. If so you should feel effects from the low dose and therefore should not take more since it could get dangerous. Educate yourself on DXM, it can be a very nasty and serious drug.

Yes you can extract it that way. I've done it many times. But Dextromethorphan needs to be metabolized to dextrorphan (DXO) in the liver first to be pharmacologically active. Snorting all that dxm polistirex is going to be painful, especially since the dosage range goes into the 1000mg + range (I usually take 1200 - 1800mg so I can't imagine snorting it lol) and unnecessary. DXM is a prodrug and must be taken orally.