View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM and asthma

kami6669

Greenlighter
Hello, does anyone here have any experience with DXM and asthma? I've got asthma and I'm soon planning to take DXM in the form of Stopex 30mg tablets. I'm gonna take the lowest possible dose, but I'm still a bit scared. What could happen?

I have exercise-induced asthma and I have been a frequent user of DXM for almost a decade. I know that is insane to some people but I'm alive and well, healthy and in shape, although there are definitely some noticeable short term memory issues now when I do take DXM or even Gabapentin. I have never had any issues with asthma while on DXM, except when I was playing in a hockey league and used to take it hours before games, which were at night...I had some serious stamina issues and my heart was pounding like it never has before. This only happened once, and after that I reduced the dose and paced myself (and thus played poorly, so it was stupid to take, and probably damaged my arteries from the blood pressure increase).

So TLDR, no I have never had issues and I have basically had (exercise induced) asthma attacks while on DXM and the asthma attack/breathing wasn't any worse, it was more my heart.

I used way too much DXM over a period of about two years and never had any issues with it and asthma (then again, my asthma is only really still an issue from cigarette smoking). I've never heard of this being an issue though. As the above user mentioned, I noticed more cardiac related issues, and then only with chronic high dose (900-2400mg/day).

For a first time user taking more than a 150-350mg dose would be rather intense, so I doubt you'd want to go out of that range. The first time I took DXM ~300mg basically made me pass out for 12hrs. The next time I took 120mg and it wasn't very comfortable. It wasn't until I started exploring the lowish doses of polistrex or whatever and combing it with cannabis I learned to enjoy it. And then I didn't fall in love with it until I started exploring it to deal with heroin withdrawal and managing cravings for opioids that it became something I really benefited from in any real psycadellic sense.

Powerful stuff. I feel a little nostalgic about it, but after doing a number on my body with it after the chronic use I mentioned and then taking a break, going back and trying it again just wasn't the same. These days I'm more a PCP/MXE/ketamine fan, but frankly with my experience with DXM and the fact opioids/cravings isn't really an issue anymore, I'm hesitant to use any of these drugs. I need to find some iboga.

LOL apologies the over sharing. It just makes me happy to see all these DXM threads I've been noticing over the last year or so. Highly misunderstood and under appreciated substance.