• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Duterte's back-street butchers: Bodies pile up as crackdown claims 5,900 lives in fiv

Duterte urged to come clean on health after his fentanyl drug use draws concern

aEdTYHU.png

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte’s admission that he used a powerful painkiller has prompted concern about his health, with lawmakers urging him Sunday to undergo a medical examination and disclose the results.

Duterte on Monday revealed that he used to take fentanyl, often prescribed for cancer pain and other chronic ailments, because of a spinal injury from previous motorcycle accidents.

He however said his doctor made him stop using it on learning he was “abusing the drug” by using more than the prescribed patches. However, he denied he was addicted.

The firebrand leader has attracted controversy over his war against suspected users of illegal drugs, which has claimed thousands of lives, and his incendiary language against the United States and the United Nations.

Lawmakers said Duterte’s remarks revived speculation about his health, including rumours during the election campaign that he suffered from cancer - a claim Duterte repeatedly denied.

“To end this speculation, it would be better if his physician explains how the president manages the pain that he suffers,” Duterte ally congressman Carlos Zarate said.

Zarate added that a medical bulletin would clarify the state of Duterte’s health, as fentanyl became controversial after pop legend Prince died of an accidental overdose of the drug in April.

Counterfeit pills containing fentanyl were found in a bottle at Prince’s house falsely labelled as “Watson 385”.

The drug belongs to a larger class of drugs, known as opioid painkillers, that includes prescription drugs like OxyContin and Vicodin.

These drugs work by capitalising on our body’s natural pain-relief system and can result in a surging sense of euphoria.

Two milligrams of pure fentanyl - the size of about four grains of salt - is enough to kill an average-size adult.

Last week, nine people died from fentanyl opioid overdoses in the Canadian city of Vancouver in just 24 hours.

The spike in deaths comes as Canada - like its neighbour the United States - has been struggling to contain an overdose crisis that claimed 2,000 lives last year, with even more expected in 2016.

An outspoken Duterte critic, Senator Leila de Lima, supported Zarate’s call for clarity on the president’s health, and how he manages his pain.

For some drug users in the Philippines, rehab means making coffins

“It is not just the illness itself that we should be worried about, but also the impact or side effects that the medications he is taking may have, especially on his lucidity and ability to make decisions with a clear mind.”

Cont -

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/south...come-clean-health-after-his-fentanyl-drug-use

There should be no such thing as a drug offence. That said, if you are going to give people 400 year sentences, I think that pretty much equates with murdering them. And the numbers game is certainly won by the USA.

Well we can agree the U.S. wins the numbers game and that there should be no drug offenses or even any illegal drugs at all IMO.

I also don’t think 400 years sentences are necessarily better than death, but at least a living man can fight for his rights to escape prison.

A dead man can’t.

I still see a death sentence as a step beyond prison, but it’s like talking about if you’d rather be shot in the head or have your throat slit..

Neither LOL.

Jesus fucking christ.

After reading that extra shit on Duterte I hate him even more.

Honestly, the only thing separating him from Hitler or Stalin or any other of the most evil men to have ever lived is just scale of lives taken.

He's just as bad as them and his even abusing Fentanyl and STILL killing drug users is just proof that he's rotten through straight to the core.

I don't understand why we don't finally go in there and stop him??

How far would he have to take it for us to do something?

The only arguments I've heard from intelligent people is that he's ONLY killed like 6,000 people or something YET and not MILLIONS.

That's NOT an argument against stopping him.

So what, we are going to wait till the numbers reach 1K to move in??

BUT...I WAS happy to hear his health is ailing him.

I hope he dies and burns in hell, and that the next president after him DOESN'T do the same thing.

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte must be investigated, says UN official

Bangkok: The United Nations has called on Philippine authorities to investigate controversial president Rodrigo Duterte for murder after he bragged about killing people last week.

Zeid Raad al-Hussein, the UN's High Commissioner for Human Rights, also urged investigations into the "appalling epidemic of extra-judicial killings" under Mr Duterte's deadly crackdown on drugs that has left almost 6000 people dead.

In unprecedented criticism of a serving national leader by the world body, Mr Zeid said children as young as five have become victims of the violence, adding he was surprised there has been no sign of prosecution of those responsible.

"The perpetrators must be brought to justice, sending a strong message that violence, killings and human rights violations will not be tolerated by the state and that no-one is above the law," Mr Zeid said.

"The killings described by President Duterte violate international law, including the right to life, freedom from violence and force, due process and fair trial, equal protection under the law, and innocence until proven guilty," he said.

"As a government official, if he encouraged others to follow his example, he may also have committed incitement to violence."

The comments made in a statement released in Geneva on Tuesday night are likely to prompt an angry response from 71-year-old Mr Duterte, who has often hit back at international criticism of the crackdown, including telling US president Barack Obama to "got to hell" and calling him the "son of a whore", and threatening to withdraw the Philippines from the United Nations.

Brash-talking Mr Duterte boasted that when he was mayor of southern Davao City he used to hunt suspects on his motorcycle, shooting people on the spot.

CONT (with a video of him talking) -

http://www.smh.com.au/world/philipp...tigated-says-un-official-20161220-gtfirh.html

Seeing that video with Philipinos cheering for Duterte was just SHOCKING, more shocking to me than the man himself saying and doing what he does.

Having a mad man is one thing, but all these people smiling and cheering as he says he's going to kill people and realizing he's in office because THEY VOTED HIM IN...it just makes me believe that the Phillipines must be a horrible horrible country.

I mean I'm sure they have some good things about them, but I feel sorry for anyone who is living under such a backwards regime.

Surely this can't be permitted to go on forever.

Surely this can't be permitted to go on forever.

It'll go on as long as the World allows it to continue.

This fucker speaks in public, Obama could drone his ass tomorrow if he felt like it.

Sure, there'd be "international consequences," but does anyone give 2 shits what the Philippines thinks?

The problem is that the people seem to support him, killing him could send the country into actual anarchy... (though admittedly that might be an improvement)

Last edited:
Philippines' leader Rodrigo Duterte calls UN official 'idiot' for murder probe call

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has called a top UN official an "idiot" for urging that murder investigations be launched against him after he admitted to personally killing people.

Prince Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, said Philippine judicial authorities should probe Mr Duterte's accounts of having carried out killings when he was mayor of Davao City.

"This guy [Zeid] is ever the joker or crazy," Mr Duterte said during a televised speech, and repeatedly called him "stupid".

"You UN officials, sitting there on your asses, we pay you your salaries.
"You idiot, do not tell me what to do ... Who gave you the right?"

Mr Duterte told businessmen last week that when mayor he "personally" killed criminals on the streets and later admitted shooting dead three men involved in a kidnapping case, during a police gunfight in the late 1980s.

Inside Duterte's war on drugs

President Rodrigo Duterte's hardline approach to stamping out drugs is creating a treatment crisis in the Philippines, hitting treatment centres and prisons hard as they struggle to cope with the numbers.
Prince Zeid said investigations should also be opened into deadly anti-drugs campaigns in Davao when Mr Duterte was mayor and the "shocking" number of deaths during the current nationwide campaign.

More than 6,000 people have been killed as part of Mr Duterte's crackdown on drugs in the Philippines, a third by police and the rest still officially under investigation.

Mr Duterte says the shootings by police were in self-defence.

He has previously threatened to withdraw from the UN and called it "inutile" for being slow to respond to crises.

"Please shut up because your brain is lacking there," he told Prince Zeid.
"Go back to school. You United Nations, you do not know diplomacy. You do not know how to behave to be an employee of the United Nations.

"You do not talk to me like that, you son of a bitch."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-...ot-for-murder-probe-call/8145802?sf48052854=1

Foul-mouthed Duterte back on the offensive as more innocent lives are taken

"Mamma, mamma," 12-year-old Kristine Joy Sailog said, moments before a stray bullet struck her heart as she stood with her family at the gate of a Catholic church on the outskirts of the Philippine capital Manila.

Kristine died in her mother's arms, one of the latest innocent victims of President Rodrigo Duterte's crackdown on drugs.

Her fate made only a brief news item in the Philippines as Mr Duterte, in his latest expletive-laden rant against critics of his crackdown, called the United Nations' human rights chief an "idiot" and "son of a bitch".

"You do not talk to me like that, you son of a bitch," Mr Duterte said, referring to Zeid Raad al-Hussein, the UN's High Commissioner for Human Rights.

"You idiot, you do not tell me what to do," he said.

"You there in the United Nations, you do not know diplomacy. You do not know how to behave, to be an employee of the United Nations ... You do not talk to me like that, you son of a bitch."

Mr Duterte declared that because his country contributed money to run the UN, the world body's officials had no right to criticise him.

"You morons. You sons of whores," he said. "And I pay your salaries. Do not open your mouth there. I employ you."

Last Sunday the 71-year-old former mayor of the southern city of Davao threatened during a speech at an army base to set fire to the UN headquarters in New York, in response to the UN's criticism.

Mr Duterte also took aim at Americans after last weekend, saying the days when US forces, ships and planes could rotate through Philippine military bases were numbered. "For every five Americans, three of them are idiots. Only two of them are in their right minds," he said.

Cont -

http://www.smh.com.au/world/philipp...innocent-lives-are-taken-20161223-gth5w3.html

Just another reason demented senior citizens shouldn't have any power.

Come on UN, grow some nuts and kill this sumbitch already.

Foul-mouthed Duterte back on the offensive as more innocent lives are taken

"Mamma, mamma," 12-year-old Kristine Joy Sailog said, moments before a stray bullet struck her heart as she stood with her family at the gate of a Catholic church on the outskirts of the Philippine capital Manila.

Kristine died in her mother's arms, one of the latest innocent victims of President Rodrigo Duterte's crackdown on drugs.

Her fate made only a brief news item in the Philippines as Mr Duterte, in his latest expletive-laden rant against critics of his crackdown, called the United Nations' human rights chief an "idiot" and "son of a bitch".

"You do not talk to me like that, you son of a bitch," Mr Duterte said, referring to Zeid Raad al-Hussein, the UN's High Commissioner for Human Rights.

"You idiot, you do not tell me what to do," he said.

"You there in the United Nations, you do not know diplomacy. You do not know how to behave, to be an employee of the United Nations ... You do not talk to me like that, you son of a bitch."

Mr Duterte declared that because his country contributed money to run the UN, the world body's officials had no right to criticise him.

"You morons. You sons of whores," he said. "And I pay your salaries. Do not open your mouth there. I employ you."

Last Sunday the 71-year-old former mayor of the southern city of Davao threatened during a speech at an army base to set fire to the UN headquarters in New York, in response to the UN's criticism.

Mr Duterte also took aim at Americans after last weekend, saying the days when US forces, ships and planes could rotate through Philippine military bases were numbered. "For every five Americans, three of them are idiots. Only two of them are in their right minds," he said.

Cont -

http://www.smh.com.au/world/philipp...innocent-lives-are-taken-20161223-gth5w3.html

this man is a lunatic. this is a president? and ppl think trump is "improper" holy shit

hitler was evil as fuck....but did he publicly call other leaders "sons of whores" and "gay sons of whores" etc? this shit is just

I can't believe he fucking said this shit: "Last Sunday the 71-year-old former mayor of the southern city of Davao threatened during a speech at an army base to set fire to the UN headquarters in New York"

The guy fucking threatens to set a the UN head quarters in the U.S. on fire???!!!

I wish he'd fucking try.

That would probably be the breaking point and give us a reason to go to war with them, and anyone involved in the attack, including him, would probably die.

Why isn't Obama doing more??

This crazy fucking lunatic should just be executed.

Blind folded, bullet to the back of the head, then cremate him and flush his ashes down the toilet and never speak his name again so even his memory is gone forever.

It'll go on as long as the World allows it to continue.

This fucker speaks in public, Obama could drone his ass tomorrow if he felt like it.

Sure, there'd be "international consequences," but does anyone give 2 shits what the Philippines thinks?

The problem is that the people seem to support him, killing him could send the country into actual anarchy... (though admittedly that might be an improvement)

The question I still have is why would the U.S. allow this to go on but there are certain other international crimes we won’t allow to continue??

Is it because his own people elected him?

Is it a matter of him not killing ENOUGH people yet, as if SOMEHOW 6,000 isn’t enough?

Or because he’s not a direct threat to the U.S.?

Somebody please name some international crimes where a dictator killed his own people within the past 20-40 years where we DID enter and stop the person, and then illustrate if there is any difference between this case and that one, and if so, what it is, cause I’m failing to see how this isn’t the kind of thing the U.N. would just put a stop to.

As a fentanyl abuser himself, Duerte should do the right thing and kill himself. I would respect him for that.

the drug gangs/cartels should do it...don't know why they haven't yet....hes killing their business

That's an excellent point.

Cartels seem to stay out of national politics because the blowback is too terrible. They all remember what happened to cocaine dude after he blew up that airplane or in Baja after they murdered those DEA agents...

I mean, it's the Phillipines so there'd be much less blowback, but still, unless you have enough men/guns to take over the country, killing the leader might start something you can't stop...

There's this organisation called 'the Catholic church'. Philippines is 98% Catholic with a fervour that makes Pakistan look positively atheist. So, er, yes.

Not to mention the country has a population of 100 million that has elected him by popular vote.

I hate the cunt. But maybe you need to look up self-determination.

The world isn't made of puppies.