Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Dutch students develop powdered alcohol

What are these?

0,,1596658_4,00.jpg

Found here: http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,1564,1596657,00.html

This article is from 2005. Nothing new?

TheTwighlight said:
Or if you told someone you were addicted to pills, but they were alcohol pills.

I always wondered what it would be like if there were alcohol pills - my conclusion would be that it would be WAY too easy to overdose! Imagine the hangovers/worse all around the land if booze pills were making the rounds in bulk.

EDIT - then again, there are plenty of pills out there that we all know about that you can OD on, so perhaps I am just being a worry-woe.

Hoss said:
I always wondered what it would be like if there were alcohol pills - my conclusion would be that it would be WAY too easy to overdose! Imagine the hangovers/worse all around the land if booze pills were making the rounds in bulk.

EDIT - then again, there are plenty of pills out there that we all know about that you can OD on, so perhaps I am just being a worry-woe.

Would be a good way to teach people that alcohol is far more dangerous than alot of other drugs

ive always wondered why alcohol was never made into a solid HCL powder or something like that. This is interesting. Now, what i dont get is, firstly 16 is the drinking age. Here its 21, I cant even drink legally yet. Anyway, was this the only point? They have made alcohol into a solid. Great job. Why? To bypass the 16 year old law. C'mon...

PS:
Other things you can't snort:
Oxycontin
Dilaudid
MDMA

Each and every one of those can be snorted. And in fact, Hydromorphone is better snorted than oral. You can snort MDMA as well, not that i'd recommend it. Oxy is an obvious YES, but somewhat lower nasal bio

EDIT: Guido.. (oh fuck thats racist, sorry =p) since when are you a mod? I see you here all the time but I assume you just recently became a mod?

Last edited:
kidamnesiac said:
Good ole' diethyl ether is the best alcohol prodrug going :)

I was under the impression that Et2O was primarily eliminated through the lungs unmetabolized.

i have always wondered why no pharm company has ever made ethyl-alcohol pills. hell, in the uk diamorphine can be found in pill form. Since alcohol works much like the barbiturates, affects GABA, NMDA and ive heard about even mu-opioid binding (although that last one, im not sure if its true). So since it works on the same area as barbs and benzodiazepines and countless meds why not make alcohol pills as possibly... a hypnotic? an anti-anxiety med. An analgesic. I'm sure it has some medical value, and i cant imagine a doc writing a script for a bottle of Everclear.

Does anyone know 1) why you usually dont see alcohol in powdered form pills. Ive heard of people making gelcaps but thats different.

2) Why it currently has no medical value, although its used in household cultural remedies all the time (for example, a jamaican woman i know drinks rum to beat a cold and other cultures use alcohol for this as well), it also is very commonly used in products not for ingestion (listerine being an example).

FractalStructure said:
2) Why it currently has no medical value, although its used in household cultural remedies all the time (for example, a jamaican woman i know drinks rum to beat a cold and other cultures use alcohol for this as well), it also is very commonly used in products not for ingestion (listerine being an example).

Alcohol does have medical value, if you present to the hospital with methanol poisoning the only treatment is IV ethanol(alcohol).

As methanol itself is not poisonous only its metabolites, and the body preferentially metabolizes ethanol you keep someones body so loaded with ethanol that the methanol has a chance to pass unmetabolized in urine.

hussness said:
I was under the impression that Et2O was primarily eliminated through the lungs unmetabolized.

You know I can't find a reference for that, I may be wrong. It just seems so obvious, add a water, get two ethanols. Alchemy at it's finest.
And it turns out most of it is eliminated through the other end resulting in "elephantine flatus" (from "The Chemistry of Mind Altering Drugs, by the ACS) which can cause a quite dangerous situation when combined with, say, smoking a cigarette 8o

FractalStructure said:
EDIT: Guido.. (oh fuck thats racist, sorry =p) since when are you a mod? I see you here all the time but I assume you just recently became a mod?

Only my friends and Bluelighters are allowed to call me Guido so its cool lol. Back in March I was approached and I decided to send in an application and then sometime in April I was bestowed with the title and responsibility of Drug Culture Moderator.

3% alcohol actually isn't as bad as it sounds. Some beer has about the same amount. I'd straight up mix like 10 of those in some water or just eat the damn powder straight

Who would buy it in the UK? The legal age to drink is 16, but I'm sure many who are younger can somehow get access to alcohol. There's no need for this to get around the law.

what would happen if i were to order some of this and i accidently might happen to IV it?, accidently, of course.

Iv

why iv ?

forget that just get 2 glasses of vodka and wash your eyes in them. only joking.. :)

whats with the needle infatuation.. its only booze. why not just drink some real stuff that isnt green and fizzy lime...

Last edited:
^^^

I have a buddy that used to shoot alcohol when he couldn't find meth, coke, heroin, oxy, or morphine. It looked like it really hurt and wasn't enjoyable at all.

This is pointless. If someone is too young to buy alcoholic beverages, they can just buy vanilla extract or mouthwash containing ethanol. It would be cheaper than this, and a lot stronger.

Nothing I have tried has made me feel as bad or as poisoned as alcohol. I'd rather see them come up with an alcohol alternative that gives the high of alcohol without making you feel poisoned and sick.

It would quickly be banned, of course. Anything that doesn't make you feel like shit or give you cancer always is.

LOL they already had it, and yes it was banned.

GHB

Better then alcohol and totally non-toxic, except for the sodium you're ingesting.