Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Duromine

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakout

Greenlighter
For the past few months I've developed a little love affair with phentermine, in the form of Duromine 40mg. At doses of 120/160mg I find it more euphoric than any dose of methamphetamine, street amphetamine and maybe even pharmacuetical dexamphetamine (haven't had dexies in years so it's hard to remember exactly how euphoric they are), and incredibly motivating too. It also doesn't have as much 'pushiness' as the amphetamines, and lets me act a bit more naturally - awesome in social situations for stimulating conversation. It's an expensive private Rx, certainly a lot moreso than dexies, but it's relatively easy to get. Despite it's awesomeness I don't find it particularly moreish (much less so than the amphetamines).

I find it to be like the cousin of the amphetamines, very similar range of effects but the weighting of the effects are quite different. I find it more euphoric and motivating, about the same at increasing focus, but quite weak at promoting wakefulness or as a cognitive enhancer. In fact when I've had binges it seems like it has temporarily knocked me down quite a few IQ points, so it's no good for going for days - I can function much better sober after a night of insomnia than on day 2 of a phentermine binge with some sleep (feeling a lot shitter when sober and sleepless though). Thankfully it doesn't affect my cardiovascular system that much (no palpatations, minimal heart rate increase) but I know this can be a big side effect for others. Tolerance builds very quickly, but dissipates quickly too. I find it best taken 1-2 times a week. As an anoretic (it's proper medical use) it's pretty useless for me but I could do with putting weight on anyway so it's an ideal stimulant for me in that respect, it reduces my craving to eat a tiny bit but when I try to eat food it's very easy, in contrast to the amphetamines where eating solid food is nearly impossible for me. I find it very easy to sleep on too - I've gone to sleep while under the influence of it (with just a little help from antihistamines) and woken up buzzing the next morning - definitely not possible for me with (meth)amphetamine. If I use it as a pick me up for when I'm really tired it is best combined with caffeine.

The duration is also pretty awesome (considering it's easy to sleep on), with a half life of ~20 hours, but you can bring that down quite a bit to ~6 hours if you acidify your urine (easily done by munching on excess vitamin C tablets). Given it's long duration I don't see much use for the sustained release formulation, I think it's only that way to reduce abuse and not to prolong the duration. It's in a cation exchange resin so you can't just crush/dissolve it to bypass this. I plan on finding an effective way to extract it soon to take it as an IR form - soaking it overnight in a small amount of concentrated HCl then heavily diluting it/neutralising it so it's safe to drink would be the best way IMO.

Anyone else love their duromine/phentermine as much as me? Also does anyone know much about any potential neurotoxicity from phentermine? I'm surprised more people don't use it given the low-ish government regulation of it (it's prescription only S4 as opposed to controlled substance S8 like dexamphetamine and methylphenidate (and is way better for recreational purposes than methylphenidate!)).

I absolutely hate duromine. To me its nothing like any rec drug and makes me so uncomfortable. Pls take care!

I know quite a few people that find it useless recreationally, my gf being one of them, anything over 20mg in a day makes her feel uncomfortable, whereas I get uncomfortable around the 200/240mg a day mark. I seem to react atypically to amphetamines/phentermine, e.g. meth is pretty average for me with little to no euphoria just energy and alertness. Hence why I wanted to see if anyone else found it enjoyable, and how they react to more traditional stims.

When I have binged before after 2 days (and 400mg total) I have looked like someone who's been up for a week on meth. Also seemed to severely impact my immune system too (although tbh most drug binges do that to me). It's certainly no good for prolonged usage, and now I always make sure to treat my health with the utmost respect when I do take it. When I make sure to eat right, stay very hydrated, exercise, not exceed 160mg a day (usually have 80mg these days) and always have at
the very least 3 days between doses it doesn't take much of a toll on me. For me this is one substance where moderation is incredibly important to maximize pros and minimize cons (moreso than the traditional amphetamines in my experience). Thankfully due to its relative lack of urge to keep taking it I find it pretty easy to use sensibly.

duromine Is good for a bit of pep but pretty pricey but i guess it is legit. Some people can go cray cray though on it. i enjoyed it for exercising and cleaning :)

Some [ hopefully very few ] truckies were once claimed to be using it to keep awake on long hauls ...

frightening notion really : road trains and semis being piloted by shit - faced drivers under pressure to be way interstate in short times ...

Honestly I find caffeine better for staying awake, I certainly wouldn't try using duromine to drive for long distances. As you said zzz_princess, it's awesome for cleaning :) very good for getting the house looking immaculate in a short space of time, I never miss a detail. It just seems to make doing tasks really fun and rewarding. When I've taken it before work it makes me awesomely quick at my job and makes it really fun - when my shift finishes I'm sometimes disappointed that I don't get to do more! When I've had (meth)amphetamine before work it makes it easy, but it really drags on and I just want time to hurry up so I can get out of there, much less enjoyable imo.

It's pricey stuff but compared to the black market alternatives it's not bad value, and you always know exactly what you're getting which is nice.

Rubbish stimulant. If you're keen enough to bother with this crap do some homework and at least get Ritalin/ Concerta; Vyvanse or dex...
Durimine is bottom of the barrel legal Stims at best.

Ritalin, concerta, vynase and Dex are all s8 controlled drugs and hence extremely expensive unless you manage to get a psych to prescribe them to you personally. Duromine is much less controlled and easier to get and, imo, much better than methylphenidate, especially in the euphoria department. Methylphenidate makes me feel like a robot.

Ritalin, concerta, vynase and Dex are all s8 controlled drugs and hence extremely expensive unless you manage to get a psych to prescribe them to you personally. Duromine is much less controlled and easier to get and, imo, much better than methylphenidate, especially in the euphoria department. Methylphenidate makes me feel like a robot.

^ perhaps my point could have been better articulated. I realize concerta and dex are S8 drugs. For a good reason. My point was more that taking Stims daily, even seemingly benign ones, may start one down the road of stronger ones S8 or not. Perhaps meth... It can be a slippery slope.

In the spirit of contradicting myself completely...
May I suggest Modafinal instead of durimine? Its not S8. It's a lot easier on the body and mind.

Just my 4 cents... Been around allot of duramine back in the day and it's not the worst thing about but most people I've ever met that have taken durimine end up throwing it out after the novelty wares off

I used to know someone that was scripted duramine, and it seemed to made her incredibly moody and ill-tempered.

Is this a side effect other people experience? She was a pretty cranky person to begin with, but it seemed like the addition of this medication made her intollerably so (ie I am no longer friends with that person).
Perhaps I shouldn't blame the drug, but it seemed to change her while she was taking it, and not in a positive way at all.

Hmm Ive been meaning to try modafinil, might get that instead of duromine once my packet runs out. I'm not worried about going down a slippery slope, I have easy access to meth but choose not to get it, it's not very tempting to me (pretty sure I've got some that's been sitting round for months untouched). Duromine pretty much guarantees non-daily stimulant use (not including caffeine) as it quickly becomes entirely pointless to take with daily use. If I had access to dexies stopping daily use might be harder...

If modafinil works well I'll probably use that when I need a functional stimulant and keep duromine for the odd recreational occasions.

Duromine puts me in a really chatty, friendly mood, but I've given some to friends who it made agitated. Reading up on people's experiences online it it seems making people moody is a fairly common side effect, but not a guaranteed one.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm with the ketaman on this one...I've tried duromine out one time and all it did was make me SUPER aggressive,both me and my dad took some and we almost ended up having a punch up in front of my nanna witch is the total opposite to how we ussualy are...I havnt taken it since that day...I'll stick to my meth if I want to use a stimulant :)

The effects of duromine seem to vary a lot more from person to person than meth, which is a lot more consistent in my experience

Hmm Ive been meaning to try modafinil, might get that instead of duromine once my packet runs out. I'm not worried about going down a slippery slope, I have easy access to meth but choose not to get it, it's not very tempting to me (pretty sure I've got some that's been sitting round for months untouched). Duromine pretty much guarantees non-daily stimulant use (not including caffeine) as it quickly becomes entirely pointless to take with daily use. If I had access to dexies stopping daily use might be harder...

If modafinil works well I'll probably use that when I need a functional stimulant and keep duromine for the odd recreational occasions.

Duromine puts me in a really chatty, friendly mood, but I've given some to friends who it made agitated. Reading up on people's experiences online it it seems making people moody is a fairly common side effect, but not a guaranteed one.

i too have been eager for quite some time to experiment with modafinil.

as for the phentermine, aside from baking soda, caffeine and quinine are there any other known potentiators?

...kytnism...:|

MAOIs? NRIs? Other stims??? (these are all unadvised)
I know amp (meth, dex, lev) and methylphenidate are processed by CYP2D6, so you could try inhibiting that.

Also I'm pretty sure the baking soda is just to adjust the pH of your stomach, it doesn't actually need to be that foul shit so long as it has the same effect. I guess looking at the foods/drinks you've had previous to dosing could mean needing less adjustment too.

What's the difference between 'baking soda' and 'bicarb soda'?

Because when my acid reflux going nuts, half a teaspoon dissolved properly in a glass of water can get rid of it. Something along the lines of turning the rising acid to a salt. It's a temporary fix till I get my hands on some gaviscon.

This probably hasn't helped this Q. Just food for thought.

What's the difference between 'baking soda' and 'bicarb soda'?

there isnt one technically. the technicality is based on australian and american terminology (as is "icing" to "confectioners" sugar).

the best "brand" of bicarb when potentiating phentermine (or amphetamines in general) with water as a soluble substance is "mckenzies bi-carb soda" mixed with mineral water on a daily basis as a dietary supplement.

when not abused, the effects and levels of potency should be positive.

...kytnism...:|

Hey, cheers for that bit of info.

I had a feeling it was something like that. Works okay for short term acid reflux relief.

Sorry I couldn't help with your real question, and slight derailment.

Status
Not open for further replies.