• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Dude what the actual…..is going on with my shots….

This is definitely a histamine reaction you are having due to your tar likely being old and/or shitty quality. Black tar heroin is well-known for containing several different morphine derivatives, typically consisting mostly of 6-MAM (6-monoacetylmorphine) and 3-MAM, with smaller amounts of actual diacetylmorphine (heroin) present a lot of the time. As someone else has mentioned above, there's been plenty of instances of undesirable opiates like acetylcodeine, trace amounts of shit like thebaine, papaverine etc. also being in black tar dope, though it sounds to me like you are experiencing a typical histamine reaction - same thing you should expect if you were to inject regular morphine sulphate.

Only advice anyone here can really give you in regards to this would be to try taking an antihistamine like benadryl (diphenhydramine) about an hour or so before you plan on doing any of this stuff, though it's efficacy will be negligible, as it has to try to fight against a drug you are directly injecting into your bloodstream. Find better product somewhere and do that instead, and please, be fucking careful.
ty

Does the same thing happen with all tar that you've had?

I used to shoot a huge amount of tar heroin (around 10+ years ago when fentanyl wasn't common) and I never had extreme reactions like you are talking about. Or course there would be some histamine release, itching etc, but not painful "hot pins and needles" like you are describing. I once started sweating profusely soon after injecting a shot of tar, skin burning, fever and severe weakness and chest pains, but this was most likely cotton fever/a dirty shot. It almost felt like I had mild heart attack, for a moment I thought, "this might be the end of negrogesic".

Overall, the susceptibility to histamine reactions from injecting heroin, especially tar heroin, varies by person. If it always happens with tar then I guess you are just more susceptible to these reactions.
ya i think i might just be sensitive to something they use i recently got some fetty tar was great not a bad shot through the whole 2 grams i did so im pretty sure its just a bad batch that im sensitive to

Yeah these days xylazine is exceptionally common in stuff sold as "heroin" but it seems to be almost exclusively found in powders. Never seen an example of xylazine being present in tar, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

But generally, while xylazine can cause some parathesia it probably isn't as intense as the reaction described here (and probably of a different nature). Who knows though.

On a side note, I remember being in a similar place where heroin no longer got me high.

To the OP, there is never any judgement on here, but get on methadone before you kill yourself will this shit! Methadone worked for me.

Then again, at the same, I was still shooting fentanyl for a while on top of my methadone. But i was using fentanyl patches.

I guess the problem with being on methadone maintenance these days is that the blocking effect isn't as relevant as it used to be. Back before fentanyl was commonly on the street, it was hard to find an opioid potent enough to allow a user to get high while on heavy dose methadone maintenance. I was on 380mg of methadone a day at one point, so the only way to get high was by shooting entire 100ug/hr fentanyl patches (almost 20mg of fentanyl). But they were hard to get and very expensive so that was somewhat self limiting.

But these days you can get fentanyl for dirt cheap, so it is now quite easy for someone to regularly get high while on methadone. I'd probably be dead if cheap fent was available 15 years ago.
i like suboxone i cant trade one high for another ill jjust say fck it and go back im either stop or go usually when i stop i definitely still have rave night with xtc alcohol and a little blow but those are only at events that are maybe once or twice a month if that so i keep a pretty normal lifestyle its the opiods that keep me stuck with a habit that enslaves my daily routine im not a typical user where im from either rarely do you find ppl that IV fetty for good reason i know my time is up soon gotta hang it up before i dont have a choice anymore

Soooo….I am currently a pretty heavy daily fentanyl and meth IV user I know I know anywho lately every time I do a tar shot even if it’s supposed fetty tar I get this gnarly like I guess I call it like allergic reaction cause idk what else to call it where I get super hot pins and needles all over my body and it fucken hurts it gets unbearable for like 2 mins and then it subsides sometimes it causes hives all over sometimes not like just now it didn’t and that tar didn’t have any fricken fetty in it bleh sometimes when I get real fetty tar as long as I filter it real well then I don’t get that weird reaction and I know what you’re gonna ask am I filtering it really good every time we’ll I’ve quadruple filtered the shit and had the same terrible reaction I’m done testing it out it’s fucken scary and I wanna know wtf they’re cutting this BS FAKE Ass tar with or just making it out of period and why the fuck am I reactin
cheap fent!? omg wheres that at lol we pay anywhere from 180-500 a gram typical price is 200/250 but it definitely varies from island to island thankfully im on the most heavily trafficked so im in the 200s range but thats still a habit and a half #hawaiiproblems

g like someone splashes a million little pieces of melting plastic all over my entire body 30 secs after I’ve already finished my damn shot…oh and yes I’ve hit in multiple places so not an artery it’s just a flat out reaction to tar and tar alone. Anybody experiencing this or am I just that lucky?Also mind you I normally REFUSE TAR at all costs because heroin no longer gets me high and this BS happens also side note even the powder boi causes this too wtf is going on 😔why….Has my mind truly decided that heroin is no longer an acceptable drug to put in my body has the fetty truly consumed me mind and body yikes….just a thought lol 😂
I would have the same thing happen when I would IV H. But I kinda liked it only sometimes it would almost get to be to much where it was hurting me. It all depends on the batch of smack I was getting sometimes it would happen sometimes not.