• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower Dry herb Vape pen

Coffeeshroom

Bluelight Crew
So as title states I'm looking at getting myself a dry herb vape pen. I don't have a lot of option from local store around here so what im looking at is either the snoop dogg range and the 2 im looking at is the snoop dogg 2.0 or elite range, the price difference is like R150 in our money. So basicly from everyone that has one are these 2 good to go for as an entry level one as i don't want to go spending tons of money on one and I'm just looking for one that is small and wont take up much space in my pants as a everyday carrier, to just blaze when im out and about.

So any info on this subject will be gratefully appreciated. or Suggestions on other makes that will also give me what im looking for.

Regards
CoffeeShroom.

i have only got experience with the 'black mamba' 'Mighty' and 'magic flight launch box'
The black mamba is inferior, shoddy + will burn your weed and the usb port is particularly weak.
Not sure if theyve improved the design since the years back i tried but the magic flight launch box was reliable but it was difficult to not burn the weed in the chamber
The best one i used and have is the Mighty but its a bit bulky compared to a pen lol

I'm not familiar with the vaporizers you listed and unfortunately Google was not helpful. Do you have any links with more information?
The best one i used and have is the Mighty but its a bit bulky compared to a pen lol
I've heard great things about The Mighty as well.

I used to use a Dynavap VapCap M when I smoked. They're cheap, tiny, and extremely portable but require a torch lighter unlike electronic dry herb vapes

If your budget is < $100, go with a Dynavap or something similar as to the best of my knowledge electronic dry herb vaporizers in that price range are not the best. If you have a higher budget, the Mighty or something similar is the way to go.

the Dynavap is also another one mentioned a lot and praised, if you want more info on vapes id suggest you check out FuckCombustion forums

The vapes i listed should appear in a google search they are also available on major retailers but after trying many i would recommend the mighty, there is the smaller version called the crafty but im not sure about that it seems to have a lot less battery life

Thanks for all the feedback so far and as for my budget i can push it up more but only end of the month which is not an issue as it will give me more time to do a bit more research and get something that will fit my needs better. I will attach some links and pics of the once that i mentioned a bit later as i quickly have a few deliveries to do this afternoon.

Regards
CoffeeShroom

I acquired a Yocan dry herb pen about a year ago and thoght it was gimmicky. Mostly the pain of cleaning it after each use and the odor it emits when in public had me back to rolling and using a conventional pipe.

So I did hella research and testing when I first made the switch to a dry herb vape a few years ago.

I don't know about any of Snoop Dogg's recent products, but if it's anything like the G pen then I need to tell you to forget that shit right now.

The top two contenders (in my experience) are the PAX 3 and the Mighty. Each have their pros and cons. The Mighty is the more powerful of the two, offering a better experience than the PAX 3 and extremely flavorful hits. It's a bit of a pain to clean, but it won't require cleaning after every use like some other options on the market.

The PAX 3 is more subtle, in every sense of the word. It's easy to sneak around, easy to load and empty, nice and light, and still offers decent hits. The draw is a bit more of a struggle than the Mighty, however, and for less vapor per pull. The best way to explain the draw on the PAX 3 is like you're trying to drink a still-frozen milkshake through a straw. You'll draw tons of vapor through, but it feels like a struggle at times (especially if you don't clean it regularly). The Mighty feels much more like a natural breath of air.

The PAX 3 is also controllable on almost every level. You can download an app for your phone, pair it to your PAX, and from there on out you can customize everything about your experience, from max vape temp to how and when your vape heats up between pulls. It's pretty fuckin' amazing...

But at the end of the day, they're both amazing. Despite being marketed as a portable vape, The Mighty is better suited to a living room-type of environment. If you're going to be stationary, that's the one you want. If you're going to use your vape on-the-go, however, the PAX 3 is the superior choice.

They'll both do in either situation, though. If you don't mind lugging around a bulky vape, The Mighty's great for on-the-go; and if you don't want to deal with something as bulky as the Mighty, a PAX 3 is great for in-the-house. It's really up to your preference and budget.

I use a PAX 2, it basically the same as the PAX 3 but doesn't have the app control. More expensive than the options you've listed but it's lasted me a long time (got a new one under warranty after 4 years)

It was a bit of an outlay but vaporizing uses so much less weed than smoking that it has paid for itself many times over in the years I've had it.

I haven't heard great things about cheaper vapes, mostly that they burn some of the weed and don't last very long.

I was reading somewhere that when you dry vape, when the weed in the chamber is "cooked" there's still about 15% useable material left in it. How accurate is that?

I was reading somewhere that when you dry vape, when the weed in the chamber is "cooked" there's still about 15% useable material left in it. How accurate is that?

Very..

I remember one time my buddy gave me a very small Pyrex of vaped weed, looked brown and used. The Pyrex was maybe 2cups worth. From that I yielded 2g of potent oil.

-GC

Well thanks arrall and G-Chem, that's good to know. Now all I gotta do is learn how to make concentrates without ruining the feed stock. :LOL:

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I decided to go for a more expensive one and the ones im looking at is either the Davinci Range, BLK Range or Mighty range which is the most expensive ones of the lot. So I'm just gonna safe up some more as i believe waiting and getting something really decent and proper is better then being hasty and being disappointed.

But when i have made up my mind in i will let you guys know which one I decided on.

Also another thing i just remembered some of them work on conductive to heat dissipation and others convection to heat dissipation. Can't remember which one is which but remember that the one touches the coil itself that actually makes it burn or combust where the other doesn't and is better and causes less toxins to get through and also makes for a clearly and more flavorsome smoke.

So i obviously will be going for the better one just can't remember which brand it was but will find out just now. Just busy with all of phone calls booking for my studies that start on the 26th. So i just booked and need to go pay and send proof of payment through to secure my place.

if you are looking to enjoy a long vaping session and dont have a very high tolerance i wouldnt recommend the mighty in that case as it is more of a 'getting the job done' unit, however it does not lack on flavour or taste whatsoever. Dont like a plastic mouthpiece? you can get a glass mouthpiece for it it is more pleasant to use i find.

Its fast action is useful though if you are in settings where you need to 'top up' without being noticeably high or spending long or smelling of weed, i visited a relative recently and they were oblivious to my using it outside and i maintained a good mood lol

Not really looking at long vaping sessions and tolerance is quite high. Main objective is for traveling but when I'm home its gonna be bong or rolled joints most off the time. Another reason I'm looking at this is like i said the traveling that will be coming up and this will just be super convenient for when driving and such.

Plus i also did see some soft plastic or rubber type mouth pieces that don't release toxins and so on.

But once again thanks to everyone that has helped me out so far, very much appreciated and all the feedback won't go waste or fall on deaf ears cause of being to hasty.

Much Love
CoffeeShroom

i honestly think the mighty would be the best choice , its like carrying a pack of noodles in terms of size
As for toxins and plastics it doesnt heat up high enough to release those, the glass mouthpiece is more of for the texture and feeling as you vape from it, it wont give it a heater - mouthpiece path as it has the cooling unit on top.
Another cool feature with the mighty is that you can buy a smellproof airtight metal tube that fits on your keyring and prepack 4 readily ground bowls for you to vape (In 'dosing' capsules) making your vape session quicker and less hassle on the go

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I decided to go for a more expensive one and the ones im looking at is either the Davinci Range, BLK Range or Mighty range which is the most expensive ones of the lot. So I'm just gonna safe up some more as i believe waiting and getting something really decent and proper is better then being hasty and being disappointed.

But when i have made up my mind in i will let you guys know which one I decided on.

Also another thing i just remembered some of them work on conductive to heat dissipation and others convection to heat dissipation. Can't remember which one is which but remember that the one touches the coil itself that actually makes it burn or combust where the other doesn't and is better and causes less toxins to get through and also makes for a clearly and more flavorsome smoke.

So i obviously will be going for the better one just can't remember which brand it was but will find out just now. Just busy with all of phone calls booking for my studies that start on the 26th. So i just booked and need to go pay and send proof of payment through to secure my place.

i've always read good things about davinci vapes but never tried one myself. Let us know how it hits if you go with that.

I think you're thinking about convection vs. conduction vapes? Conduction vapes have coils and are usually used for extracts, whereas convection vapes are basically pocket-sized ovens that excel at vaping dry herb.

Some vapes have accessories that allow you to use more products with the device but they're never as efficient as their counterparts (i.e. A PAX 3 accessory to vape wax and oil will get the job done but never as efficiently as a vaporizer designed to handle oils, like a yocan Evolve). It's pretty easy to tell the difference based solely on whether a vape is meant for flower or extracts. If it's labeled a hybrid then it probably comes with some kind of accessory/attachment.

I've always preferred convection vapes, and I feel like those would definitely have a lower chance of burning the bud and harshing the flavor/feel than anything with an exposed heating element.

Last edited:
Pretty accurate. You can eat already-vaped-weed (AVW) and it functions very similarly to lower-potency edibles.
Now I'm really curious. I can buy empty capsules and a machine that loads them up and puts them together from HEXO. Would that be a good way of ingesting vaped bud? Or would I be better off using it in baked goods?

Also, since edibles end up being metabolized, does anyone know if are there any credible studies out there dealing with long term effects of ingesting cannabis, if any, on the liver?