Drum 'n' Bass - MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Netsky's album could have been a little better, but there are a couple of pretty good songs like Iron Heart. I knew something like this would happen when he signed to Hospital (and I like Logistics and Higher Contrast).

Pendulum's new album 'Immersion' is out. I think its sick. First few songs are a mix of harder dnb and dubstep elements than transitioning into more pendulum esque songs towards the end.

'Set Me On Fire' has got to the best song on the album. They even featured In Flames (screamo/metal band) in the song 'Self vs Self'.

Pendulum's new album 'Immersion' is out. I think its sick. First few songs are a mix of harder dnb and dubstep elements than transitioning into more pendulum esque songs towards the end.

'Set Me On Fire' has got to the best song on the album. They even featured In Flames (screamo/metal band) in the song 'Self vs Self'.

So it's worth checking out? I was kind of disappointed that ransom would not be included. From what I heard the new album has a lot more dubstep and even housey elements that the other ones. I guess they'll never really release another "Hold Your Colour" so I might as well check it out for myself. :\

i really love grafix and fred v, here's a collab by them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdpPAvJbF60 can't wait for grafix's album release %)

i'm waiting for a recent mix by l.a.o.s. to finish downloading right now, judging by the tracklist though it just might be epic.

tracklist:
NSFW:
01 Q-Project - Milk & Honey
02 Danny Byrd - Sweet harmony
03 Dharma Intent - You can see it
04 Dc Breaks - Fever (feat Cat Knight)
05 Basement Jaxx - Twerk (Sub Focus rmx)
06 L.A.O.S. - So good (dubplate)
07 Smooth - Under the moon
08 London Electricity - The Great dnb swindle ( Logistics rmx)
09 Absolute zero & Subphonics - The Code (SKC rmx)
10 Dc Breaks - Mankind (2010vip )
11 Netsky - Hold on to love (Cyantific rmx)
12 Drumsound & Bassline Smith - (Mafia VIP )
13 Culture Shock - Imax
14 L.A.O.S. - Fire on water
15 Netsky - I Refuse (Shockone rmx )
16 Original Sin - Your love(feat Fexie Muiso)
17 L.A.O.S. - Blueprint of the universe
18 Camo & Krooked - Looking Back
19 L.A.O.S. - Hush now
20 Helium - Engage
21 Rox - No going back(Dc Breaks rmx )
22 Platinum - Trippin (Nero rmx)
23 Camo & Krooked - Just hold on
24 L.A.O.S. feat Riggz - Zeros & Ones
25 Dkay & Lee & Waxd Vip
26 Phace & Misanthrop - Non Human
27 U.N.K.L.E. - Reign (L.A.O.S. bootleg)

link

listening to asc - nothing is certain sampler. cold metallic futuristic sounds.
quotin mah self heh, anywho the asc i mentioned has made its way to the tubes for you.

Asc - Matter Of Time

ASC - Phobos love that minimal dnb sound.

Asc - Oort Cloud <--- not dnb, ambient but whatever its on the sampler, and its good.

ASC - Porcelain i love this and how its sound is similar to the above "matter of time" ugh well its not your standard dnb sound but rest assured its @ 170 bpm.

latest stray release, def one of my fav dnb producers atm:

Stray - Erase similar to his other deep minimal dnb track timbre

Stray - Locked Up

quotin mah self heh, anywho the asc i mentioned has made its way to the tubes for you.

Asc - Matter Of Time

ASC - Phobos love that minimal dnb sound.

Asc - Oort Cloud <--- not dnb, ambient but whatever its on the sampler, and its good.

ASC - Porcelain i love this and how its sound is similar to the above "matter of time" ugh well its not your standard dnb sound but rest assured its @ 170 bpm.

latest stray release, def one of my fav dnb producers atm:

Stray - Erase similar to his other deep minimal dnb track timbre

Stray - Locked Up

Yeah it's interesting how ASC's music sounds like futuristic Drum & Bass. It's interesting to think of the notion of a futuristic sounding Drum & Bass. Is the idea of futuristic simply a distinct style in itself? =D

ASC - Critical Orbit

Is the idea of futuristic simply a distinct style in itself? =D
hmm, not too sure... but i suppose lol
some music (asc - phobos) just makes me think of robots in a factory assembling cybernetic weapons or (asc - matter of time) crusin in a hoover craft speeding past mid-air traffic with a purple sunset in my rearview mirror. cold industrial sounds usually give me this feeling.

oh my, thats heavenly. =)

btw you can preview his forthcoming LP @ http://fairtilizer.com/playlists/35391

link to a great liquid mix http://www.ukfmusic.com/pages/podcast

it's almost two hours long so i'm going to be splitting the mp3 up into 10-20 minute sections this weekend to make it more convenient to play in the car, if anyone's interested just pm me and i'll upload the result

Status
Not open for further replies.